The Godfree Society
Posted: 01 June 2008 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-06-01

Hello

Ive made a website called the Godfree Society. Im looking for members and people to post ideas and give feedback etc. Id appreciate it if you would take a look.

http://godfreesociety.moonfruit.com/

Thank you

Posted: 01 June 2008 10:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2007-05-22
Jefe - 01 June 2008 10:11 PM

Just one little suggestion:

If you must have music attached to your site, please allow controls to turn it off for those of us who may multi-task and find it distracting.

Better yet, lose the music.  Turn it off and keep it off.  You can’t get past the first page without getting a headache.

Signature 

Something’s Moving.

~Albert Einstein

Posted: 02 June 2008 04:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

I stopped by once, very briefly (I think the page mostly finished loading). I’m waiting to hear that one or both of the previous suggestions has been acted upon before checking out the site.

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 02 June 2008 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-06-02

The music on the site is from an embedded youtube player.  It can be turned off by pausing the video, by clicking on it.  It can be easily missed because it isn’t a standard youtube player, and because the video consists of a number of quotes rather than action shots.

Signature 

He’s all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise; somehow, just can’t handle money.

~ Carlin

Posted: 06 June 2008 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-11-04

Oh no! Another professional atheist grouping. Seriously, it’s time to get over the “there is no god” phase (that’s obvious anyway) and think more practically about what to do in the real world.
Check out Human Rights organisations such as Amnesty International to help to make the world save from fundamentalists or at least join some Humanist organisation that lobbies against state funded religious indoctrination. There is so much to do.

Pointless talk about “god” bores me if it is from theists or atheists. Check out Sam Harris speech on the problem with this kind of Atheism at the AAI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok2oJgsGR6c

Signature 

“We may be confused about the distinction between tolerance and the refusal of evaluation, thinking that tolerance of others requires us not to evaluate what they do.”
Martha Nussbaum
  —Cultivating Humanity

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed