Jack Shooter - 23 June 2008 09:40 PM
Wotansson - 23 June 2008 12:02 AM
Jack Shooter - 22 June 2008 12:59 PM
Wotansson - 20 June 2008 09:36 AM
Jack Shooter - 20 June 2008 01:13 AM
Wotansson - 16 June 2008 02:05 PM

Jack said:

Wot,

I should also have to explain it to the Saudi government, but then again, whoever said governments must necessarily be the authorities in religion?

Now, I don’t think you understand Islam’s principles or those operating in Western society well enough to know what they have in common with each other.  Perhaps the latter, but not Islam anyway.  I’ve referred you to many websites explaining the teachings of Islam, if you can understand them, you will have no problem with what I have proposed earlier about Western socities being very Islamic in many senses.

But Jack, in the Islamic Republic of Iran, which is governed by Islamic law, one cannot run for the presidency without the approval of Supreme Leader, Sayyid Ali Khamenei. Now I strongly suspect, but cannot prove, that he ain’t approvin’ any Baptists, Mormons or Jews. here is his website:

http://www.leader.ir/

So clearly religion is the authority in government but you question that government is the authority in religion. I guess you might have a pointless point here.
I don’t think I have any problems understanding here. I think I understand all too well and it is you who refuses to understand that which is directly in front of your face.

Stay Well
Wot

Sure, whatever you say.  Take care.

Jack

All your responses are being reduced down to ” whatever you (I) say”. You are on the right track now.

Stay Well
Wot

Can’t be bothered with the same ol’ ignorance.  Been there done that.  Sorry, your a little late in the game.

Islam is the same ol’ religious ignorance. It is time for you to grow up and recognize it.

Stay Well
Wot

Yes, when I grow up, I will recognize it.  I will become enlightened as you are, and these other atheist old farts who think they know it all without actually learning anything.  Personally, I’d rather stay young and vibrant, at every age -Islam is the way for me.  And I hope, one day, before your on your death-bed, you recognize it is for you to.

“O you who believe! answer (the call of) God and His Messenger when he calls you to that which gives you life; and know that God intervenes between man and his heart, and that to Him you shall be gathered.” (Quran 8:24)

Mohammed began receiving his revelations at age 40 and continued to receive them until his death at age 63. Just another old fart or does one need to be an atheist to qualify for this distinction?

If you are not a liberal at age 20, you have no heart. If you are not a conservative at age 40, you have no brain.

- Winston Churchill

I think Uncle Winnie was equating liberalism with idealism and conservatism with rationalism and/or pragmatism.

Good luck Jack. Wisdom and rationalism be upon you - perhaps some day.

Stay Well

Wot

Posted: 27 June 2008 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  885
Joined  2008-01-23
Wotansson - 24 June 2008 03:44 PM
Jack Shooter - 23 June 2008 09:40 PM
Wotansson - 23 June 2008 12:02 AM
Jack Shooter - 22 June 2008 12:59 PM
Wotansson - 20 June 2008 09:36 AM
Jack Shooter - 20 June 2008 01:13 AM
Wotansson - 16 June 2008 02:05 PM

Jack said:

Wot,

I should also have to explain it to the Saudi government, but then again, whoever said governments must necessarily be the authorities in religion?

Now, I don’t think you understand Islam’s principles or those operating in Western society well enough to know what they have in common with each other.  Perhaps the latter, but not Islam anyway.  I’ve referred you to many websites explaining the teachings of Islam, if you can understand them, you will have no problem with what I have proposed earlier about Western socities being very Islamic in many senses.

But Jack, in the Islamic Republic of Iran, which is governed by Islamic law, one cannot run for the presidency without the approval of Supreme Leader, Sayyid Ali Khamenei. Now I strongly suspect, but cannot prove, that he ain’t approvin’ any Baptists, Mormons or Jews. here is his website:

http://www.leader.ir/

So clearly religion is the authority in government but you question that government is the authority in religion. I guess you might have a pointless point here.
I don’t think I have any problems understanding here. I think I understand all too well and it is you who refuses to understand that which is directly in front of your face.

Stay Well
Wot

Sure, whatever you say.  Take care.

Jack

All your responses are being reduced down to ” whatever you (I) say”. You are on the right track now.

Stay Well
Wot

Can’t be bothered with the same ol’ ignorance.  Been there done that.  Sorry, your a little late in the game.

Islam is the same ol’ religious ignorance. It is time for you to grow up and recognize it.

Stay Well
Wot

Yes, when I grow up, I will recognize it.  I will become enlightened as you are, and these other atheist old farts who think they know it all without actually learning anything.  Personally, I’d rather stay young and vibrant, at every age -Islam is the way for me.  And I hope, one day, before your on your death-bed, you recognize it is for you to.

“O you who believe! answer (the call of) God and His Messenger when he calls you to that which gives you life; and know that God intervenes between man and his heart, and that to Him you shall be gathered.” (Quran 8:24)

Mohammed began receiving his revelations at age 40 and continued to receive them until his death at age 63. Just another old fart or does one need to be an atheist to qualify for this distinction?

If you are not a liberal at age 20, you have no heart. If you are not a conservative at age 40, you have no brain.

- Winston Churchill

I think Uncle Winnie was equating liberalism with idealism and conservatism with rationalism and/or pragmatism.

Good luck Jack. Wisdom and rationalism be upon you - perhaps some day.

Stay Well

Wot

Actually, in Arabic culture, one is considered a youth until age 40 years old.  Likewise, youthfulness and old age are ways of being, hence the term ‘old fart’ here represents an attitude, not the number of years one has lived.  The Prophet (peace be upon him) was a great example of what it means to be youthful.

If you have no heart because of your biological age, then all I can say is may God’s mercy be upon you.

According to Malik b. Anas, Jesus, the son of Mary, said, “Do not speak much without remembering God, for by doing so, you harden your hearts. Surely a hard heart is distant from God though you are unaware. Do not, like lords, look at the faults of others. Rather, like servants, look at your own faults. In truth, humanity is comprised of only two types, the afflicted and the sound. So show mercy to the afflicted, and praise God for well-being.”

2 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed