2 of 5
From the Qur’an
Posted: 15 June 2008 04:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2004-12-21

Where did you get that translation???

If you claim the translation is incorrect, please provide the correct one.

Anyway, nothing wrong with fighting for, killing or being killed, for God, if of course, you understand who God is, and what He stands for, which is peace and justice.  There are many verses demonstrating this.

Nothing wrong with killing for God if you understand that he stands for peace? Duh Jack.

If you want to quote verses from the Qur’an to paint the ugly picture that exists of it in your mind, feel free to do so, but you have nothing on the Qur’an except for your misunderstanding of it, trust me.

Sorry Jack, can’t just trust you on this one. The tools I use to paint my picture are the Koran, Allah, Mohammed, Islamic practice and the foolish and ignorant things that you yourself say. And you say that it is my fault that the picture is ugly?

If I had the time, I’d be more than happy to untangle your misunderstandings, but I prefer that you simply refer to the resources I provide, do a little learning about the quoted verses that you don’t understand.

The tangled misunderstandings here are yours. They are the result of your fanatical obsession with attempting to justify and promote Islam in the absence of facts, evidence, truth and rational thinking.

Stay well
Wot

Posted: 15 June 2008 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  885
Joined  2008-01-23
Wotansson - 15 June 2008 08:34 AM

Where did you get that translation???

If you claim the translation is incorrect, please provide the correct one.

Pickhall’s or Yusuf Ali’s.

Anyway, nothing wrong with fighting for, killing or being killed, for God, if of course, you understand who God is, and what He stands for, which is peace and justice.  There are many verses demonstrating this.

Nothing wrong with killing for God if you understand that he stands for peace? Duh Jack.

Sometimes you need to kill in order to acheive peace. Duh.

If you want to quote verses from the Qur’an to paint the ugly picture that exists of it in your mind, feel free to do so, but you have nothing on the Qur’an except for your misunderstanding of it, trust me.

Sorry Jack, can’t just trust you on this one. The tools I use to paint my picture are the Koran, Allah, Mohammed, Islamic practice and the foolish and ignorant things that you yourself say. And you say that it is my fault that the picture is ugly?

The tools you use to paint your picture are your selective reading of the Qur’an, and likewise your ignorance about basic principles, although ignorance is hardly a good tool for anything but ensuring loss.

If I had the time, I’d be more than happy to untangle your misunderstandings, but I prefer that you simply refer to the resources I provide, do a little learning about the quoted verses that you don’t understand.

The tangled misunderstandings here are yours. They are the result of your fanatical obsession with attempting to justify and promote Islam in the absence of facts, evidence, truth and rational thinking.

Stay well
Wot

Wotever you say.

Posted: 16 June 2008 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

Wotever you say.

Well I am pleased that you finally conceded even if you used a lame pun to do so.

Stay Well
Wot

Posted: 19 June 2008 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23
Wotansson - 16 June 2008 02:38 PM

Wotever you say.

Well I am pleased that you finally conceded even if you used a lame pun to do so.

Stay Well
Wot

I’m not conceding to your points per se.  I just can’t bother to respond to them right now.  Take care.

Posted: 20 June 2008 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21
Jack Shooter - 19 June 2008 11:13 PM

Wotever you say.

Stay Well
Wot

I’m not conceding to your points per se.  I just can’t bother to respond to them right now.  Take care.

Hi Jack

You are correct in saying that you have conceded nothing. So I change my statement to: “withdrawn in the face of rational argument with which you can’t be bothered”

Stay Well

Wot

Posted: 22 June 2008 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23
Wotansson - 20 June 2008 10:36 AM

Wotever you say.

Stay Well
Wot

Hi Jack

You are correct in saying that you have conceded nothing. So I change my statement to: “withdrawn in the face of rational argument with which you can’t be bothered”

Stay Well

Wot

Regrettably, you haven’t made any rational arguments, except in your mind perhaps.  Unfortunately, people like you, your arguments that is, come a dime a dozen.  I can’t be expected to teach people to add when they don’t know their numbers even.  Understand the resources I recommended, then come back and perhaps we can have a discussion.  Otherwise, I you have me convinced that it is you who are in fact “withdrawing in the face of rational argument with which you cannot be bothered.”

Posted: 22 June 2008 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21
Jack Shooter - 22 June 2008 12:58 PM

Wotever you say.

Stay Well
Wot

Hi Jack

Stay Well

Wot

Regrettably, you haven’t made any rational arguments, except in your mind perhaps.  Unfortunately, people like you, your arguments that is, come a dime a dozen.  I can’t be expected to teach people to add when they don’t know their numbers even.  Understand the resources I recommended, then come back and perhaps we can have a discussion.  Otherwise, I you have me convinced that it is you who are in fact “withdrawing in the face of rational argument with which you cannot be bothered.”

Jack

I have watched you in action for quite a while now. You are quite fond of dismissing rational argument with accusations of ignorance which you direct at a large number of posters and even the Islamic world. Further, you accuse posters of tangled arguments, painting of ugly pictures, incorrect translations, out-of-context quotation, insensitivity and not-novel argument. You seem to think that the entire world is crazy and I think the psychiatric world recognizes this as the first warning sign. You yourself have posted long strings of out-of context quotation in some threads, yet you criticize other for the same. When cornered, you just refer others to some website or reading, instead of offering some rational argument according to your understanding or insight, should you have any. Your postings are indicative of a lack of intelligence for which you attempt to compensate by claiming to be learned. Take some good advice and get some professional help before you do some serious damage to yourself or others.

Stay Well
Wot

Posted: 23 June 2008 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23
Wotansson - 22 June 2008 09:53 PM

Wotever you say.

Stay Well
Wot

Hi Jack

Stay Well

Wot

Jack

I have watched you in action for quite a while now. You are quite fond of dismissing rational argument with accusations of ignorance which you direct at a large number of posters and even the Islamic world. Further, you accuse posters of tangled arguments, painting of ugly pictures, incorrect translations, out-of-context quotation, insensitivity and not-novel argument. You seem to think that the entire world is crazy and I think the psychiatric world recognizes this as the first warning sign. You yourself have posted long strings of out-of context quotation in some threads, yet you criticize other for the same. When cornered, you just refer others to some website or reading, instead of offering some rational argument according to your understanding or insight, should you have any. Your postings are indicative of a lack of intelligence for which you attempt to compensate by claiming to be learned. Take some good advice and get some professional help before you do some serious damage to yourself or others.

Stay Well
Wot

Right.  I seem to think the “entire world is crazy”, as if the entire world is made up of people who think like you and some other atheists on the Sam Harris forum.  That is rather grandiose thinking on your part.  Incidentally, grandiose thinking is a symptom of mental illness or personality disorder as well.

The websites I refer you to are part of the counter-argument.  Apparently, your just too lazy, or probably, too scared to read the facts.  But that’s your problem.

Anyway, let’s back up and take this one step at a time.  You talk about rational argument this and rational argument that.  Why don’t you provide me with only one rational argument against Islam and I will respond, and then you can bring up another one and I will respond, God willing, and we can continue this way if you like.  Just don’t bring up things I’ve already argued with others, and I take it you know what has transpired since you have been ‘watching me in action’ deconstructing the absurdities of atheist thought and the lies about Islam.

In the end, you could, if you wanted, learn the truth of matters for yourself, but it seems your not interested in truth, otherwise you would do the research.

[ Edited: 23 June 2008 10:08 PM by Jack Shooter]

Posted: 23 June 2008 10:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21
Jack Shooter - 24 June 2008 02:00 AM

Wotever you say.

Stay Well
Wot

Hi Jack

Stay Well

Wot

Jack

Stay Well
Wot

Right.  I seem to think the “entire world is crazy”, as if the entire world is made up of people who think like you and some other atheists on the Sam Harris forum.  That is rather grandiose thinking on your part.  Incidentally, grandiose thinking is a symptom of mental illness or personality disorder as well.

The websites I refer you to are part of the counter-argument.  Apparently, your just too lazy, or probably, too scared to read the facts.  But that’s your problem.

Anyway, let’s back up and take this one step at a time.  You talk about rational argument this and rational argument that.  Why don’t you provide me with only one rational argument against Islam and I will respond, and then you can bring up another one and I will respond, God willing, and we can continue this way if you like.  Just don’t bring up things I’ve already argued with others, and I take it you know what has transpired since you have been ‘watching me in action’ deconstructing the absurdities of atheist thought and the lies about Islam.

In the end, you could, if you wanted, learn the truth of matters for yourself, but it seems your not interested in truth, otherwise you would do the research.

First off Jack, I am not an atheist. I am a secular humanist with Deistic leanings. Nothing grandiose about that as I make no claims concerning the unsupportable. I am neither lazy nor afraid.

You are in the habit of quoting authors and websites and pitching these over the fence for our consumption. You fail to add of you own insight or comments. I do read them but when I refute them, you accuse me of ignorance and lack of understanding. I wonder if you actually read these yourself.

I have presented many rational arguments against Islam including quotations from the Koran. You respond by refuting the translation and claiming that I just don’t understand. I understand all too well. I am not going to repeat myself since I know your response will be the same.

I have learned the truth of these matters and I have done the research. I see no lies about Islam other than those created by you in your delusions.

Stay Well
Wot

Posted: 25 June 2008 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23
Wotansson - 24 June 2008 02:41 AM
Jack Shooter - 24 June 2008 02:00 AM

Wotever you say.

Stay Well
Wot

Hi Jack

Stay Well

Wot

Jack

Stay Well
Wot

First off Jack, I am not an atheist. I am a secular humanist with Deistic leanings. Nothing grandiose about that as I make no claims concerning the unsupportable. I am neither lazy nor afraid.

You are in the habit of quoting authors and websites and pitching these over the fence for our consumption. You fail to add of you own insight or comments. I do read them but when I refute them, you accuse me of ignorance and lack of understanding. I wonder if you actually read these yourself.

I have presented many rational arguments against Islam including quotations from the Koran. You respond by refuting the translation and claiming that I just don’t understand. I understand all too well. I am not going to repeat myself since I know your response will be the same.

I have learned the truth of these matters and I have done the research. I see no lies about Islam other than those created by you in your delusions.

Stay Well
Wot

Its true that you dont understand the Qur’an.  You have never studied it with the people that believe in it, so naturally your conclusions are biased and uninformed.  Sorry but that amounts to ignorance on your part.

Posted: 25 June 2008 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  892
Joined  2007-12-04
Jack Shooter - 25 June 2008 11:49 AM

Its true that you dont understand the Qur’an.  You have never studied it with the people that believe in it, so naturally your conclusions are biased and uninformed.  Sorry but that amounts to ignorance on your part.

That really is just a killer argument in your ears isn’t it?

Man I wish someone would realize the power of this and use it in the next political campaign!

“Well, its true that you don’t understand nazism. You have never studied it with the people that believe in it so naturally your conclusions are biased and uninformed. Sorry but that ammounts to ignorance on your part.”

Its just incredibly funny that in the wastebasket of really daft ideas that seems to be your mind, it actually makes sense that if you don’t believe a proposition, then you can’t understand it. Therefore you have no reason to not believe it.

People who live in reality on the other hand are perfectly capable of both analyzing the “evidence” in nazi claims and to see the flaws in the arguments of nazi’s without having to be nazi’s first in order to see the “truth”.

Signature 

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

Posted: 25 June 2008 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21
Unbeliever - 25 June 2008 04:29 PM

Man I wish someone would realize the power of this and use it in the next political campaign!

“Well, its true that you don’t understand nazism. You have never studied it with the people that believe in it so naturally your conclusions are biased and uninformed. Sorry but that ammounts to ignorance on your part.”

Its just incredibly funny that in the wastebasket of really daft ideas that seems to be your mind, it actually makes sense that if you don’t believe a proposition, then you can’t understand it. Therefore you have no reason to not believe it.

People who live in reality on the other hand are perfectly capable of both analyzing the “evidence” in nazi claims and to see the flaws in the arguments of nazi’s without having to be nazi’s first in order to see the “truth”.

Thanks for the great analogy. DO you know where I can find some nazis? - Just kidding.

Jack - Try and pay attention - would ya.

Stay Well
Wot

Posted: 27 June 2008 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23

Perhaps I should have phrased it this way:
“Well, its true that you don’t understand the Qur’an. You have never studied it, period.  So naturally your conclusions are biased and uninformed. Sorry but that ammounts to ignorance on your part.”  Feel free to make up an analogy about this statement.

So “Unbeliever”, tell me what makes you capable of understanding the Qur’an, specifically its legal injunctions.  In fact, tell me which of the claims that I have made based on the Qur’an that you find disagreement with.  Go back and read the record, most of the arguments already submitted here by atheists about the nature of belief in God and about morality are very short sighted, and I believe I have time and again, pointed that out.  Furthermore, I have shown that most of the arguments against Islam in particular are rooted in ignorance as well.

I am sure you and some other atheists will disagree with these facts, but that seems to be the nature of the “unbeliever” so it comes as no surprise.

[ Edited: 27 June 2008 05:37 AM by Jack Shooter]

Posted: 28 June 2008 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21
Jack Shooter - 27 June 2008 09:33 AM

“Well, its true that you don’t understand the Qur’an. You have never studied it, period.  So naturally your conclusions are biased and uninformed. Sorry but that ammounts to ignorance on your part.”  Feel free to make up an analogy about this statement.

So “Unbeliever”, tell me what makes you capable of understanding the Qur’an, specifically its legal injunctions.  In fact, tell me which of the claims that I have made based on the Qur’an that you find disagreement with.  Go back and read the record, most of the arguments already submitted here by atheists about the nature of belief in God and about morality are very short sighted, and I believe I have time and again, pointed that out.  Furthermore, I have shown that most of the arguments against Islam in particular are rooted in ignorance as well.

I am sure you and some other atheists will disagree with these facts, but that seems to be the nature of the “unbeliever” so it comes as no surprise.

Nice attempted recovery Jack but unfortunately you cannot here retract what you said. If this were possible you would need to retract nearly everything that you said concerning the Koran. You have not shown that the arguments against Islam are rooted in anything other than educated rational though. When faced with sound reasoning you simply charge ignorance and task the poster with more study.
You seem to invoke the use of the “Dopelar Effect” in your postings here. This states that if spew enough text in rapid succession, somehow it will add credibility and someone will somehow believe it to be true. I don’t think this will work for you on this forum and frankly speaking it it is just serving to make you…well…a dope.

Stay Well

Wot

Posted: 28 June 2008 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23
Wotansson - 28 June 2008 10:45 AM
Jack Shooter - 27 June 2008 09:33 AM

Nice attempted recovery Jack but unfortunately you cannot here retract what you said. If this were possible you would need to retract nearly everything that you said concerning the Koran. You have not shown that the arguments against Islam are rooted in anything other than educated rational though. When faced with sound reasoning you simply charge ignorance and task the poster with more study.
You seem to invoke the use of the “Dopelar Effect” in your postings here. This states that if spew enough text in rapid succession, somehow it will add credibility and someone will somehow believe it to be true. I don’t think this will work for you on this forum and frankly speaking it it is just serving to make you…well…a dope.

Stay Well

Wot

I only ‘retracted’ it so it would make sense to you, not because it was an untrue statement.  “When faced with sound reasoning” never happened to me on this forum.  That I encourage you to study is a good think - knowledge is bliss too.

What is contained in the text I “spew” out is often the truth that stubborn disbelievers don’t want to face.  If that makes me a dope, then so be it.

Peace.

2 of 5

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed