Iran Threatens Golbal War
Posted: 08 July 2008 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2004-12-21

From the Supreme Leader of Iran, an Islamic cleric:

Iran says will hit Tel Aviv and U.S. ships if attacked

By Parisa Hafezi and Zahra Hosseinian Tue Jul 8, 1:43 PM ET

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran will hit Tel Aviv, U.S. shipping in the Gulf and American interests around the world if it is attacked over its disputed nuclear activities, an aide to Iran’s Supreme Leader was quoted as saying on Tuesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

“The first bullet fired by America at Iran will be followed by Iran burning down its vital interests around the globe,” the students news agency ISNA quoted Ali Shirazi as saying in a speech to Revolutionary Guards.

Wassail

Wot

Posted: 08 July 2008 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21
Jefe - 08 July 2008 06:33 PM

That sounds like a threat of retaliation, not aggression.

Threats by Muslim clerics, whether of aggression or retaliation, always get my attention. More than they used to anyway.

Wassail

Wot

Posted: 08 July 2008 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  885
Joined  2008-01-23
Wotansson - 08 July 2008 07:56 PM

Threats by Muslim clerics, whether of aggression or retaliation, always get my attention. More than they used to anyway.

Wassail

Wot

Your obsessed with Muslims.  Why not just become one already? smile

Posted: 11 July 2008 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21
Jack Shooter - 08 July 2008 09:48 PM

Wassail

Wot

I would gladly embrace Islam except for one thing. It just isn’t true.

Stay Well
Wot

Posted: 18 July 2008 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23
Wotansson - 11 July 2008 09:52 AM

Wassail

Wot

Stay Well
Wot

What makes you believe “it just isn’t true”?

Posted: 19 July 2008 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21
Jack Shooter - 19 July 2008 01:39 AM

Wassail

Wot

Stay Well
Wot

You are right - I “believe” it isn’t true because it cannot be proven, just as you believe it is true, since it cannot be unproven. But let me speak frankly without the intention of offending.
Islam is the result of the 20 year hallucination by an illiterate, child-raping lunatic (Eternal Torment be Upon Him). Islam fails to contribute anything to knowledge, peace or humanity. So I don’t see the benefit or value and in the absence of proof, I choose not to believe it.

Wassail
Wot

Posted: 19 July 2008 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23
Wotansson - 19 July 2008 09:58 AM

Wassail

Wot

Stay Well
Wot

You are right - I “believe” it isn’t true because it cannot be proven, just as you believe it is true, since it cannot be unproven. But let me speak frankly without the intention of offending.
Islam is the result of the 20 year hallucination by an illiterate, child-raping lunatic (Eternal Torment be Upon Him). Islam fails to contribute anything to knowledge, peace or humanity. So I don’t see the benefit or value and in the absence of proof, I choose not to believe it.

Wassail
Wot

I see your strategy: When defeated by the force of an argument, seek refuge in ignorance and lies.  How incomptetent.

Anyway, seeing that you believe the nonsense you wrote above, where is your evidence of such claims?  I suspect you will just fall right back into your refuge of ignorance when taken to task, as you have done so many times already.  Once again, grow up, or shut up.

Posted: 19 July 2008 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21
Jack Shooter - 19 July 2008 01:37 PM

Wassail

Wot

Stay Well
Wot

Wassail
Wot

I see your strategy: When defeated by the force of an argument, seek refuge in ignorance and lies.  How incomptetent.

Anyway, seeing that you believe the nonsense you wrote above, where is your evidence of such claims?  I suspect you will just fall right back into your refuge of ignorance when taken to task, as you have done so many times already.  Once again, grow up, or shut up.

You have no force of argument that I can begin to contest.

You ask for evidence of which claim?

1. Muhammed (condemnation be upon him)was illiterate? You previously agreed to this.
2. He was a child rapist? Most civilized societies agree that there is a reasonable age of consent. He had sex with girls below this age - that is defined as rape - of course only by civilized society.
3. That he was hallucinating? If he was alive today and examined by a battery of psychiatrists, I “believe” they would reach that consensus.
4. That he was a lunatic? See #3 above.

Wassail
Wot

Posted: 19 July 2008 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

Oh…and isn’t it amazing how all the religious are the same. They have no evidence, but demand it, and the charges against the infidels are always the same - ignorance, lies, immaturity, incompetence and of course the killer admonition - just shut up.
They all come from the same mold (and perhaps mildew) but unfortunately the mold has not yet been broken.

Stay Well
Wot

Posted: 19 July 2008 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23
Wotansson - 19 July 2008 03:02 PM
Jack Shooter - 19 July 2008 01:37 PM

Wassail

Wot

Stay Well
Wot

Wassail
Wot

You have no force of argument that I can begin to contest.

You ask for evidence of which claim?

1. Muhammed (condemnation be upon him)was illiterate? You previously agreed to this.
2. He was a child rapist? Most civilized societies agree that there is a reasonable age of consent. He had sex with girls below this age - that is defined as rape - of course only by civilized society.
3. That he was hallucinating? If he was alive today and examined by a battery of psychiatrists, I “believe” they would reach that consensus.
4. That he was a lunatic? See #3 above.

Wassail
Wot

1. True, Muhammad (peace be upon him) did not read or write, which if you also accept this fact, makes it difficult to believe he also authored the Qur’an, which apparently is a forgery of other scriptures according to non-believers, since he could not read in the first place.

2. Aisha (may God have mercy on her) was 9 years old when she reached the age of maturity, that is puberty.  Most girls reach adolescence around 10 years old.  In many societies, albeit perhaps not in today’s “civilized” Western society, children are considered adults when they reach puberty, and likewise have the ability to give consent or withold consent with respect to marriage and sex.  Incidentally, only fifty years ago or a little more, children in the West were treated the same way.  Only today, in these so-called ‘enlightened’ times, we have extended the age of childhood and have made adolescence a time of irresponsibility.  In the meantime, the rate of teenage sex is higher than ever.  Most have had sex by 13 years old.  Arbitrary legislation has not had much success in changing this.

It seems that your only problem with the prophet’s (peace be upon him) marriage to Aisha (may God be pleased with her) is that he was significantly older than his young wife.  Importantly, the prophet’s (peace be upon him) first wife was approximately 15 years his senior, and I believe he married an even older lady as well.  Does this seem so strange to you?  Have you not seen an old man married to a young woman before, or an old woman married to a young man?  It happens even in hollywood today.

Now, I know you are a hate-monger when it comes to Islam, but are you ageist as well?  In any case, you don’t have a clue as to what you are talking about when it comes to what constitutes an acceptable relationship between a man and woman.

3. Even if I was to grant you that the prophet (peace be upon him) was hallucinating, can you say with any certainty that psychiatrists even understand the reality of mental illness?  As someone who works in the field, I can tell you that mental illness is not so clear-cut.  Visual, audio, and tactile hallucinations are not very well understood.  The fact that anti-psychotics work (sometimes) does not mean anyone has a good handle on the reality of these illnesses.

In any case, if you consider superior intelligence to be mental illness then fine.  Einstein and Newton were also considered by many to be insane. 

In the end, it is important to remember that something cannot be considered an illness if it does not actually impede functioning or well being in some way, so I don’t think any psychiatrist would say that the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) suffered from a mental illness.  On the contrary, notable non-Muslim historians have considered Muhammad (peace be upon him) to be the most influential, or most successful leader known to humanity, and all reports of him from Muslim sources indicate he was a solid individual, inwardly and outwardly.

4. Refer to my number 3.

Now, given all of that, I believe if you had any integrity you would stay silent already, but I sense your ego is too big, so come again if you like.

[ Edited: 19 July 2008 05:48 PM by Jack Shooter]

Posted: 19 July 2008 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

1. True, Muhammad (peace be upon him) did not read or write, which if you also accept this fact, makes it difficult to believe he also authored the Qur’an, which apparently is a forgery of other scriptures according to non-believers, since he could not read in the first place.

I think it is entirely possible that he dictated the Koran to scribes. But it would not seem that he was educated or studied, as certainly not well read.

2. Aisha (may God have mercy on her) was 9 years old when she reached the age of maturity, that is puberty.  Most girls reach adolescence around 10 years old.  In many societies, albeit perhaps not in today’s “civilized” Western society, children are considered adults when they reach puberty, and likewise have the ability to give consent or withold consent with respect to marriage and sex.  Incidentally, only fifty years ago or a little more, children in the West were treated the same way.  Only today, in these so-called ‘enlightened’ times, we have extended the age of childhood and have made adolescence a time of irresponsibility.  In the meantime, the rate of teenage sex is higher than ever.  Most have had sex by 13 years old.  Arbitrary legislation has not had much success in changing this.

Sex between children is wrong - period.

It seems that your only problem with the prophet’s (peace be upon him) marriage to Aisha (may God be pleased with her) is that he was significantly older than his young wife.  Importantly, the prophet’s (peace be upon him) first wife was approximately 15 years his senior, and I believe he married an even older lady as well.  Does this seem so strange to you?  Have you not seen an old man married to a young woman before, or an old woman married to a young man?  It happens even in hollywood today.

Now, I know you are a hate-monger when it comes to Islam, but are you ageist as well?  In any case, you don’t have a clue as to what you are talking about when it comes to what constitutes an acceptable relationship between a man and woman.

Wrong - I am not an ageist or a hate-monger. Sex and acceptable relationships have the prerequisite of adulthood.

3. Even if I was to grant you that the prophet (peace be upon him) was hallucinating, can you say with any certainty that psychiatrists even understand the reality of mental illness?  As someone who works in the field, I can tell you that mental illness is not so clear-cut.  Visual, audio, and tactile hallucinations are not very well understood.  The fact that anti-psychotics work (sometimes) does not mean anyone has a good handle on the reality of these illnesses.

Science provides the best available answers to mental illness. The understanding has never, and never will be, supplied by religion. Possessed by demons? Really?
Being confined to an institution does not constitute working in the field.

In any case, if you consider superior intelligence to be mental illness then fine.  Einstein and Newton were also considered by many to be insane.

Really? News to me. You can provide credible hard support for this statement concerning the notion of the insanity of Newton and Einstein?

In the end, it is important to remember that something cannot be considered an illness if it does not actually impede functioning or well being in some way, so I don’t think any psychiatrist would say that the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) suffered from a mental illness.

Insanity spews insanity.

On the contrary, notable non-Muslim historians have considered Muhammad (peace be upon him) to be the most influential, or most successful leader known to humanity,

Really? Credible hard references again please.

Now, given all of that, I believe if you had any integrity you would stay silent already, but I sense your ego is too big, so come again if you like.

So again, the infidel must be silenced. The ego is not the problem - the rationality is the problem. So, I come again.

Stay Well
Wot

Posted: 20 July 2008 05:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23
Wotansson - 20 July 2008 02:14 AM

I think it is entirely possible that he dictated the Koran to scribes. But it would not seem that he was educated or studied, as certainly not well read.

Obviously you think such things, because you don’t have the slightest clue as to the majesty of the Qur’an, and I doubt that you would care to learn about it seeing that you seem to love being ignorant so much.  It’s the reason why you can never win this debate here, nor will your type of thinking win the greater debate with Islam in the world.  But good luck with that anyway.

Adolescents are not children.

Wrong - I am not an ageist or a hate-monger. Sex and acceptable relationships have the prerequisite of adulthood.

Adolescents ARE adults, just because you don’t agree based on some arbitrary values doesn’t mean otherwise.

Science provides the best available answers to mental illness. The understanding has never, and never will be, supplied by religion. Possessed by demons? Really?

Science may provide the best available Tx for mental illness, and likely only because the scientific or Western medical paradigm is the only one pushed by “the establishment”.  Of course, this is debatable since much of Tx for mental illness involves non-pharmacological approaches.  Now, I never said that religion suggests mental illness is the result of demon possession, although I don’t disagree with the possibiilty.  I did say that psychiatry in its current state is no further in understanding the reality of such illnesses.  Sure we know there are chemical changes in the brain, but why does this happen in the first place?  You would say random accidents, I would say God knows best.

Really? News to me. You can provide credible hard support for this statement concerning the notion of the insanity of Newton and Einstein?

I figure a lot of things would be “news to you” seeing that you seem to live in an insulated bubble of deep knowledge gaps.  Anyway, you can find your “hard support” on what we call the world-wide web if you like.

In the end, it is important to remember that something cannot be considered an illness if it does not actually impede functioning or well being in some way, so I don’t think any psychiatrist would say that the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) suffered from a mental illness.

Insanity spews insanity.

Give me insanity over ignorance any day.

On the contrary, notable non-Muslim historians have considered Muhammad (peace be upon him) to be the most influential, or most successful leader known to humanity,

The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History is a 1978 book by Michael H. Hart.

At the top of the list is none other than the chosen one, the beloved, Muhammad (peace be upon him).

So again, the infidel must be silenced. The ego is not the problem - the rationality is the problem. So, I come again.

No, the incredibly ignorant infidel, just like anyone else who is that ignorant ought to be silenced, mostly for their own good.  Rationalize your egotistical needs however you like, but the sorry state of your psychology remains clear.  I don’t mean to put you down, just to point out to you your problems.  Please don’t take it personal.

Posted: 20 July 2008 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21
Jack Shooter - 20 July 2008 09:35 AM
Wotansson - 20 July 2008 02:14 AM

Obviously you think such things, because you don’t have the slightest clue as to the majesty of the Qur’an, and I doubt that you would care to learn about it seeing that you seem to love being ignorant so much.  It’s the reason why you can never win this debate here, nor will your type of thinking win the greater debate with Islam in the world.  But good luck with that anyway.

Adolescents ARE adults, just because you don’t agree based on some arbitrary values doesn’t mean otherwise.

Science may provide the best available Tx for mental illness, and likely only because the scientific or Western medical paradigm is the only one pushed by “the establishment”.  Of course, this is debatable since much of Tx for mental illness involves non-pharmacological approaches.  Now, I never said that religion suggests mental illness is the result of demon possession, although I don’t disagree with the possibiilty.  I did say that psychiatry in its current state is no further in understanding the reality of such illnesses.  Sure we know there are chemical changes in the brain, but why does this happen in the first place?  You would say random accidents, I would say God knows best.

I figure a lot of things would be “news to you” seeing that you seem to live in an insulated bubble of deep knowledge gaps.  Anyway, you can find your “hard support” on what we call the world-wide web if you like.

Insanity spews insanity.

Give me insanity over ignorance any day.

The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History is a 1978 book by Michael H. Hart.

At the top of the list is none other than the chosen one, the beloved, Muhammad (peace be upon him).

No, the incredibly ignorant infidel, just like anyone else who is that ignorant ought to be silenced, mostly for their own good.  Rationalize your egotistical needs however you like, but the sorry state of your psychology remains clear.  I don’t mean to put you down, just to point out to you your problems.  Please don’t take it personal.

Jack, you are getting way too bizarre to be taken seriously.

Give me insanity over ignorance any day

And so you have made you choice and it has been recognized, I hope by all. But you have not escaped ignorance at all. So you are both.

Main Entry: adolescence

Function:
  noun
Date:
  15th century

1 : the state or process of growing up 2 : the period of life from puberty to maturity terminating legally at the age of majority 3 : a stage of development (as of a language or culture) prior to maturity

Adolescents are children - ungrown-up people, people prior to maturity, people unable to give legal consent.

Sex with children or between children is immoral and illegal in civilized cultures.

The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History is a 1978 book by Michael H. Hart. It is a ranking of the 100 people who most influenced human history. Since publication the book has been hotly debated and its concept widely copied. His criterion was influence.

Interest to note that the criteria was influence rather than truth or enlightenment. I also notice Newton and Einstein high on the list, who you claim were regarded as insane. Is this then a list of loonies compiled without regard to sanity? Also interesting to note that there is not one Muslim in the top 100.

Have no fear. I am not taking it as a put down or personally at all. I take it as a sign of your frustrations and insecurities when confronted with facts, questions, and rational thinking.

Stay Well
Wot

Posted: 20 July 2008 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  985
Joined  2005-12-16

Your own words condemn you, Jack. I like your call to silencing incredible ignorants for their own good and I see the long line of candidates: the imams spouting bigotry and misogyny, or the Islamic scholars (thanks for quoting them in length) who arrogantly “teach” on subjects they are shamelessly ignorant and clueless about.

I know we Westerners are wimps and will continue on the path of self destruction but before you see the Islamic Republic of the United States you will have to test your faith in a Chinese forced re-education camp. Good luck bro.

Posted: 22 July 2008 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21
Thomas Orr - 21 July 2008 12:31 AM

Your own words condemn you, Jack. I like your call to silencing incredible ignorants for their own good and I see the long line of candidates: the imams spouting bigotry and misogyny, or the Islamic scholars (thanks for quoting them in length) who arrogantly “teach” on subjects they are shamelessly ignorant and clueless about.

I know we Westerners are wimps and will continue on the path of self destruction but before you see the Islamic Republic of the United States you will have to test your faith in a Chinese forced re-education camp. Good luck bro.

Amen - oops

Stay Well
Wot

Posted: 23 July 2008 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23
Thomas Orr - 21 July 2008 12:31 AM

Sure, any Imams “spouting bigotry and misogyny” should be silenced.  I have no problem with that.  That said, I don’t see how my words condemn me, unless you can prove that I have been incredibly ignorant about Islam.

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed