Iran Threatens Golbal War
Posted: 23 July 2008 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  885
Joined  2008-01-23
Wotansson - 20 July 2008 01:34 PM
Jack Shooter - 20 July 2008 09:35 AM
Wotansson - 20 July 2008 02:14 AM

1. True, Muhammad (peace be upon him) did not read or write, which if you also accept this fact, makes it difficult to believe he also authored the Qur’an, which apparently is a forgery of other scriptures according to non-believers, since he could not read in the first place.

I think it is entirely possible that he dictated the Koran to scribes. But it would not seem that he was educated or studied, as certainly not well read.

Obviously you think such things, because you don’t have the slightest clue as to the majesty of the Qur’an, and I doubt that you would care to learn about it seeing that you seem to love being ignorant so much.  It’s the reason why you can never win this debate here, nor will your type of thinking win the greater debate with Islam in the world.  But good luck with that anyway.

2. Aisha (may God have mercy on her) was 9 years old when she reached the age of maturity, that is puberty.  Most girls reach adolescence around 10 years old.  In many societies, albeit perhaps not in today’s “civilized” Western society, children are considered adults when they reach puberty, and likewise have the ability to give consent or withold consent with respect to marriage and sex.  Incidentally, only fifty years ago or a little more, children in the West were treated the same way.  Only today, in these so-called ‘enlightened’ times, we have extended the age of childhood and have made adolescence a time of irresponsibility.  In the meantime, the rate of teenage sex is higher than ever.  Most have had sex by 13 years old.  Arbitrary legislation has not had much success in changing this.

Sex between children is wrong - period.

Adolescents are not children.

It seems that your only problem with the prophet’s (peace be upon him) marriage to Aisha (may God be pleased with her) is that he was significantly older than his young wife.  Importantly, the prophet’s (peace be upon him) first wife was approximately 15 years his senior, and I believe he married an even older lady as well.  Does this seem so strange to you?  Have you not seen an old man married to a young woman before, or an old woman married to a young man?  It happens even in hollywood today.

Now, I know you are a hate-monger when it comes to Islam, but are you ageist as well?  In any case, you don’t have a clue as to what you are talking about when it comes to what constitutes an acceptable relationship between a man and woman.

Wrong - I am not an ageist or a hate-monger. Sex and acceptable relationships have the prerequisite of adulthood.

Adolescents ARE adults, just because you don’t agree based on some arbitrary values doesn’t mean otherwise.

3. Even if I was to grant you that the prophet (peace be upon him) was hallucinating, can you say with any certainty that psychiatrists even understand the reality of mental illness?  As someone who works in the field, I can tell you that mental illness is not so clear-cut.  Visual, audio, and tactile hallucinations are not very well understood.  The fact that anti-psychotics work (sometimes) does not mean anyone has a good handle on the reality of these illnesses.

Science provides the best available answers to mental illness. The understanding has never, and never will be, supplied by religion. Possessed by demons? Really?
Being confined to an institution does not constitute working in the field.

Science may provide the best available Tx for mental illness, and likely only because the scientific or Western medical paradigm is the only one pushed by “the establishment”.  Of course, this is debatable since much of Tx for mental illness involves non-pharmacological approaches.  Now, I never said that religion suggests mental illness is the result of demon possession, although I don’t disagree with the possibiilty.  I did say that psychiatry in its current state is no further in understanding the reality of such illnesses.  Sure we know there are chemical changes in the brain, but why does this happen in the first place?  You would say random accidents, I would say God knows best.

In any case, if you consider superior intelligence to be mental illness then fine.  Einstein and Newton were also considered by many to be insane.

Really? News to me. You can provide credible hard support for this statement concerning the notion of the insanity of Newton and Einstein?

I figure a lot of things would be “news to you” seeing that you seem to live in an insulated bubble of deep knowledge gaps.  Anyway, you can find your “hard support” on what we call the world-wide web if you like.

In the end, it is important to remember that something cannot be considered an illness if it does not actually impede functioning or well being in some way, so I don’t think any psychiatrist would say that the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) suffered from a mental illness.

Insanity spews insanity.

Give me insanity over ignorance any day.

On the contrary, notable non-Muslim historians have considered Muhammad (peace be upon him) to be the most influential, or most successful leader known to humanity,

Really? Credible hard references again please.

The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History is a 1978 book by Michael H. Hart.

At the top of the list is none other than the chosen one, the beloved, Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Now, given all of that, I believe if you had any integrity you would stay silent already, but I sense your ego is too big, so come again if you like.

So again, the infidel must be silenced. The ego is not the problem - the rationality is the problem. So, I come again.

No, the incredibly ignorant infidel, just like anyone else who is that ignorant ought to be silenced, mostly for their own good.  Rationalize your egotistical needs however you like, but the sorry state of your psychology remains clear.  I don’t mean to put you down, just to point out to you your problems.  Please don’t take it personal.

Jack, you are getting way too bizarre to be taken seriously.

Give me insanity over ignorance any day

And so you have made you choice and it has been recognized, I hope by all. But you have not escaped ignorance at all. So you are both.

Main Entry: adolescence

Function:
  noun
Date:
  15th century

1 : the state or process of growing up 2 : the period of life from puberty to maturity terminating legally at the age of majority 3 : a stage of development (as of a language or culture) prior to maturity

Adolescents are children - ungrown-up people, people prior to maturity, people unable to give legal consent.

Sex with children or between children is immoral and illegal in civilized cultures.

The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History is a 1978 book by Michael H. Hart.

At the top of the list is none other than the chosen one, the beloved, Muhammad (peace be upon him).

The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History is a 1978 book by Michael H. Hart. It is a ranking of the 100 people who most influenced human history. Since publication the book has been hotly debated and its concept widely copied. His criterion was influence.

Interest to note that the criteria was influence rather than truth or enlightenment. I also notice Newton and Einstein high on the list, who you claim were regarded as insane. Is this then a list of loonies compiled without regard to sanity? Also interesting to note that there is not one Muslim in the top 100.

No, the incredibly ignorant infidel, just like anyone else who is that ignorant ought to be silenced, mostly for their own good.  Rationalize your egotistical needs however you like, but the sorry state of your psychology remains clear.  I don’t mean to put you down, just to point out to you your problems.  Please don’t take it personal.

Have no fear. I am not taking it as a put down or personally at all. I take it as a sign of your frustrations and insecurities when confronted with facts, questions, and rational thinking.

Stay Well
Wot

I’ll let others judge whether yours is an adequate response, mainly the assertion that adolescents are children.  Truly the way you separate adolescents from adults is silly.  In every “civilized” place you speak of, there are differing ages at which one is considered to be an adult, or at least capable of ‘adult behaviour’, whether it is 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 25…. So what will it be?  Especially when, some people never grow up (I’m thinking about you here).

As to your response to Michael Hart’s book, has it ever occured to you that maybe the Prophet (peace be upon him), who tops the list, was so influential precisely because he was (and continues to be) viewed as so truthful and enlightened?  Think damn it.  What’s wrong with you?  You see I am frustrated about the fact that you can’t question your ‘arguments’ with rational thinking.

[ Edited: 23 July 2008 10:42 PM by Jack Shooter]

Posted: 24 July 2008 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2004-12-21
Jack Shooter - 24 July 2008 02:38 AM

1. True, Muhammad (peace be upon him) did not read or write, which if you also accept this fact, makes it difficult to believe he also authored the Qur’an, which apparently is a forgery of other scriptures according to non-believers, since he could not read in the first place.

I think it is entirely possible that he dictated the Koran to scribes. But it would not seem that he was educated or studied, as certainly not well read.

Obviously you think such things, because you don’t have the slightest clue as to the majesty of the Qur’an, and I doubt that you would care to learn about it seeing that you seem to love being ignorant so much.  It’s the reason why you can never win this debate here, nor will your type of thinking win the greater debate with Islam in the world.  But good luck with that anyway.

2. Aisha (may God have mercy on her) was 9 years old when she reached the age of maturity, that is puberty.  Most girls reach adolescence around 10 years old.  In many societies, albeit perhaps not in today’s “civilized” Western society, children are considered adults when they reach puberty, and likewise have the ability to give consent or withold consent with respect to marriage and sex.  Incidentally, only fifty years ago or a little more, children in the West were treated the same way.  Only today, in these so-called ‘enlightened’ times, we have extended the age of childhood and have made adolescence a time of irresponsibility.  In the meantime, the rate of teenage sex is higher than ever.  Most have had sex by 13 years old.  Arbitrary legislation has not had much success in changing this.

It seems that your only problem with the prophet’s (peace be upon him) marriage to Aisha (may God be pleased with her) is that he was significantly older than his young wife.  Importantly, the prophet’s (peace be upon him) first wife was approximately 15 years his senior, and I believe he married an even older lady as well.  Does this seem so strange to you?  Have you not seen an old man married to a young woman before, or an old woman married to a young man?  It happens even in hollywood today.

Now, I know you are a hate-monger when it comes to Islam, but are you ageist as well?  In any case, you don’t have a clue as to what you are talking about when it comes to what constitutes an acceptable relationship between a man and woman.

Wrong - I am not an ageist or a hate-monger. Sex and acceptable relationships have the prerequisite of adulthood.

Adolescents ARE adults, just because you don’t agree based on some arbitrary values doesn’t mean otherwise.

3. Even if I was to grant you that the prophet (peace be upon him) was hallucinating, can you say with any certainty that psychiatrists even understand the reality of mental illness?  As someone who works in the field, I can tell you that mental illness is not so clear-cut.  Visual, audio, and tactile hallucinations are not very well understood.  The fact that anti-psychotics work (sometimes) does not mean anyone has a good handle on the reality of these illnesses.

Science provides the best available answers to mental illness. The understanding has never, and never will be, supplied by religion. Possessed by demons? Really?

Science may provide the best available Tx for mental illness, and likely only because the scientific or Western medical paradigm is the only one pushed by “the establishment”.  Of course, this is debatable since much of Tx for mental illness involves non-pharmacological approaches.  Now, I never said that religion suggests mental illness is the result of demon possession, although I don’t disagree with the possibiilty.  I did say that psychiatry in its current state is no further in understanding the reality of such illnesses.  Sure we know there are chemical changes in the brain, but why does this happen in the first place?  You would say random accidents, I would say God knows best.

In any case, if you consider superior intelligence to be mental illness then fine.  Einstein and Newton were also considered by many to be insane.

Really? News to me. You can provide credible hard support for this statement concerning the notion of the insanity of Newton and Einstein?

I figure a lot of things would be “news to you” seeing that you seem to live in an insulated bubble of deep knowledge gaps.  Anyway, you can find your “hard support” on what we call the world-wide web if you like.

In the end, it is important to remember that something cannot be considered an illness if it does not actually impede functioning or well being in some way, so I don’t think any psychiatrist would say that the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) suffered from a mental illness.

Insanity spews insanity.

On the contrary, notable non-Muslim historians have considered Muhammad (peace be upon him) to be the most influential, or most successful leader known to humanity,

Now, given all of that, I believe if you had any integrity you would stay silent already, but I sense your ego is too big, so come again if you like.

So again, the infidel must be silenced. The ego is not the problem - the rationality is the problem. So, I come again.

And so you have made you choice and it has been recognized, I hope by all. But you have not escaped ignorance at all. So you are both.

Function:
  noun
Date:
  15th century

1 : the state or process of growing up 2 : the period of life from puberty to maturity terminating legally at the age of majority 3 : a stage of development (as of a language or culture) prior to maturity

Adolescents are children - ungrown-up people, people prior to maturity, people unable to give legal consent.

Sex with children or between children is immoral and illegal in civilized cultures.

The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History is a 1978 book by Michael H. Hart. It is a ranking of the 100 people who most influenced human history. Since publication the book has been hotly debated and its concept widely copied. His criterion was influence.

Interest to note that the criteria was influence rather than truth or enlightenment. I also notice Newton and Einstein high on the list, who you claim were regarded as insane. Is this then a list of loonies compiled without regard to sanity? Also interesting to note that there is not one Muslim in the top 100.

Have no fear. I am not taking it as a put down or personally at all. I take it as a sign of your frustrations and insecurities when confronted with facts, questions, and rational thinking.

Stay Well
Wot

I’ll let others judge whether yours is an adequate response, mainly the assertion that adolescents are children.  Truly the way you separate adolescents from adults is silly.  In every “civilized” place you speak of, there are differing ages at which one is considered to be an adult, or at least capable of ‘adult behaviour’, whether it is 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 25…. So what will it be?  Especially when, some people never grow up (I’m thinking about you here).

As to your response to Michael Hart’s book, has it ever occured to you that maybe the Prophet (peace be upon him), who tops the list, was so influential precisely because he was (and continues to be) viewed as so truthful and enlightened?  Think damn it.  What’s wrong with you?  You see I am frustrated about the fact that you can’t question your ‘arguments’ with rational thinking.

Well it certainly isn’t 9 years old as per Mohammed and Islam. You need to grow up and let the female children do so as well.

Hart’s book is a listing of the influential, not the truthful and enlightened, per Hart’s own criteria and admission. So it is a list of both the famous and infamous. By your thinking I would need to accept the Hitler, who also makes the list, was truthful and enlightened. Think damn it..think.

Wassail
Wotansson

Posted: 26 July 2008 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1485
Joined  2007-12-10
Wotansson - 08 July 2008 07:56 PM
Jefe - 08 July 2008 06:33 PM

That sounds like a threat of retaliation, not aggression.

Threats by Muslim clerics, whether of aggression or retaliation, always get my attention. More than they used to anyway.

Wassail

Wot

Why doesn’t it get your attention when US officials openly threaten to “obliterate” Iran or the constant march to war built on fake and distorted intel by the country with the largest arsenal of nukes on the planet?  When is the last time Iran has engaged in a war of aggression or invaded another country?  And no, revolutions inside the country to remove a ruthless dictator installed by the US to prevent Iran from becoming democratic is not a war of aggression.

Iran isn’t the one you need to worry about starting any wars.  The US and Israel are.

Posted: 26 July 2008 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21
tavishhill2003 - 26 July 2008 12:47 PM
Wotansson - 08 July 2008 07:56 PM
Jefe - 08 July 2008 06:33 PM

That sounds like a threat of retaliation, not aggression.

Threats by Muslim clerics, whether of aggression or retaliation, always get my attention. More than they used to anyway.

Wassail

Wot

Why doesn’t it get your attention when US officials openly threaten to “obliterate” Iran or the constant march to war built on fake and distorted intel by the country with the largest arsenal of nukes on the planet?  When is the last time Iran has engaged in a war of aggression or invaded another country?  And no, revolutions inside the country to remove a ruthless dictator installed by the US to prevent Iran from becoming democratic is not a war of aggression.

Iran isn’t the one you need to worry about starting any wars.  The US and Israel are.

Well, I am concerned about this as well. Just not in this thread. Thanks for the lecture anyway.

Stay Well
Wotansson

Posted: 28 July 2008 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1485
Joined  2007-12-10

Wtf?  You made this thread entirely built on the premise that it was IRAN who was threatening to start a huge war.  That is the exact opposite of the reality here.  If you are concerned about the US and ISrael starting a war of aggression, then how the hell can you sit here and make a thread accusing Iran of being the one who would do this?!

Posted: 28 July 2008 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21
tavishhill2003 - 28 July 2008 01:41 PM

Wtf?  You made this thread entirely built on the premise that it was IRAN who was threatening to start a huge war.  That is the exact opposite of the reality here.  If you are concerned about the US and ISrael starting a war of aggression, then how the hell can you sit here and make a thread accusing Iran of being the one who would do this?!

I posted a Reuters news article and added my comments in later postings as did others. I accused no one. I expressed my concerns about threats of war. I am concerned about threats of war from any source, for any reason. Go back and read the Reuters capsule. This particular threat comes from Iran. wtf indeed.

Stay Well
Wotansson

Posted: 29 July 2008 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  885
Joined  2008-01-23
Wotansson - 24 July 2008 02:10 PM
Jack Shooter - 24 July 2008 02:38 AM

Insanity spews insanity.

Function:
  noun
Date:
  15th century

Stay Well
Wot

Well it certainly isn’t 9 years old as per Mohammed and Islam. You need to grow up and let the female children do so as well.

Hart’s book is a listing of the influential, not the truthful and enlightened, per Hart’s own criteria and admission. So it is a list of both the famous and infamous. By your thinking I would need to accept the Hitler, who also makes the list, was truthful and enlightened. Think damn it..think.

Wassail
Wotansson

Who says a 9 year old female is necessarily a child and not an adolescent/adult?  You, Wot?  Please.

As to your other comments, you simply can’t compare the influence of Hitler to Muhammad (peace be upon him).  The former’s influence resulted from pre-existing hate, whereas the latter’s resulted from people believing in his being enlightened.  Yes, think damn it, think.

Posted: 29 July 2008 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

Shooter said:

Who says a 9 year old female is necessarily a child and not an adolescent/adult?  You, Wot?  Please.

As to your other comments, you simply can’t compare the influence of Hitler to Muhammad (peace be upon him).  The former’s influence resulted from pre-existing hate, whereas the latter’s resulted from people believing in his being enlightened.  Yes, think damn it, think.

Civilized societies make reasonable rules of conduct. These include prohibition against murder, theft, etc. but also include rules against the abuse of children. That’s who makes these rules - civilized societies - not just me. These are not be be confused Islamic societies or republics.
Iran, prior to the Islamic revolution, said the legal age - the age of majority - was 18. This was quickly changed to be 9 by the Islamics to conform to the pedophilia of Mohammed. This is why it is 9 rather than 8 or 10. Get it now? This is why it is exactly 9. Your persistent lame arguments are irrational and frankly boring.

Do you really think the Germans not believe that Hitler was enlightened? He cured unemployment and cast off the oppressions following the first world war. Sounds pretty enlightened to me. But wait - he was a madman obsessed with oppression and conquest - as was Mohammed.

Stay Well

Wotansson

2 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed