Total Posts:  3765
Joined  2007-03-11

I’ll let this one speak for herself.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/07/10/newton.yemen.child.bride.cnn

Posted: 11 July 2008 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2006-12-26

For some reason, that link above has been changed to some other story. You’ll need to scroll to the hidden bottom to find it again.

I assume it was a “racist”, non-PC reportage that just had to be censored….

Posted: 12 July 2008 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  885
Joined  2008-01-23

There is nothing wrong about that story except that the girl’s husband turned out to be an abusive jerk, and that he consumated the marriage before the girl was ready, that is, before she had reached the age of maturity or adolescence.  Likewise, everyone in the community was upset about these particular facts, but not at the fact that the girl was married off young, or that the man was three times her age.

Bruce, I find it odd that you would take issue with Islam with respect to women when core Christian beliefs are very similar, and there is also much in Christian thought that is completely void of divince guidance and much more harmful to women in my estimation.  Consider the vow of chastity itself for example, and the effect that this type of repressive teaching has and the reputation it has gained for the church.

Posted: 12 July 2008 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3765
Joined  2007-03-11
Jack Shooter - 12 July 2008 07:11 PM

There is nothing wrong about that story except that the girl’s husband turned out to be an abusive jerk, and that he consumated the marriage before the girl was ready, that is, before she had reached the age of maturity or adolescence.  Likewise, everyone in the community was upset about these particular facts, but not at the fact that the girl was married off young, or that the man was three times her age.

Bruce, I find it odd that you would take issue with Islam with respect to women when core Christian beliefs are very similar, and there is also much in Christian thought that is completely void of divince guidance and much more harmful to women in my estimation.  Consider the vow of chastity itself for example, and the effect that this type of repressive teaching has and the reputation it has gained for the church.

Jack, the story indicated that Sharia law was applied, and that not only was the man not convicted or punished, he was awarded damages for losing his wife. This is incomprehensible.  There is nothing in Jesus’ teaching that would suggest that it is acceptable to do to any woman what was done to this child in Yemen.  Furthermore, since I am not Catholic, the “vow of chastity”  does not apply to me.

Posted: 18 July 2008 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23
Bruce Burleson - 12 July 2008 09:16 PM

Jack, the story indicated that Sharia law was applied, and that not only was the man not convicted or punished, he was awarded damages for losing his wife. This is incomprehensible.  There is nothing in Jesus’ teaching that would suggest that it is acceptable to do to any woman what was done to this child in Yemen.  Furthermore, since I am not Catholic, the “vow of chastity”  does not apply to me.

I assume that the man was not convicted or punished likely because there was no actual proof that he had abused the girl other then the girl’s accusations.  I am not suggesting that she lied, however as in our own Western legal systems, according to Islamic law one is innocent until proven guilty.  On the other hand, her leaving him is something that is witnessed by all, whether her reasons are based in truth or not, in the end all that is known is that he is without a wife.

Unfortunately, in upholding legal principles that are dear to us, whether Islamic or Western, and much of the later are preceded by the former, sometimes laws end up protecting criminals.  But this is the price we pay for aspiring to ideals.

Now, that you don’t believe in the life that priests and nuns lead when it comes to sex does not take away from the fact that the most major Christian denomination does.  Such repression is a tenant within the dominant Christian faith, albeit not yours.  I would still say since you call yourself Christian, people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw rocks.

Posted: 22 July 2008 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-26

Yet another example of Jack’s fantasies and fascinations about dicky-sticking infants.

I wonder if his employer knows about Jack’s sexual interest in tiny girls?

Posted: 22 July 2008 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2004-12-21

Where in Islamic law, custom or the Koran is a man prohibited from being an “abusive jerk”. According to you, any post-pubescent girl is ready. You have personal knowledge that the girl had not reached puberty? If she had reached puberty, everything would have been acceptable?

Stay Well
Wot

Posted: 22 July 2008 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-26

Actually, the Quran explicitly allows for consummation of marriage with PRE-pubertal girls.

Posted: 22 July 2008 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-26

Take a look, for example, on the following rather revealing clips:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FE1yAGAqMY
(The interviewee is practising taqiyya when he insinuates that it is wrong in Islam to have sex with pre-pubescents. He is also, is fairly classical Islamic argumentation, lying through his teeth when demonizing Westerners in asserting most 10-year old girls there are sluts who have had sex, and not virgins)
Ghada jamshir’s tirade:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16je0v1M2gM

And this article in American Thinker:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/09/plowing_fields_and_marrying_li.html

[ Edited: 22 July 2008 11:00 AM by arildno]

Posted: 22 July 2008 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2004-12-21
arildno - 22 July 2008 02:42 PM

Actually, the Quran explicitly allows for consummation of marriage with PRE-pubertal girls.

Do you know where exactly in the Koran consummation with the pre-pubescent is permitted - chapter and verse?

Stay Well
Wot

Posted: 22 July 2008 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-26

Well, there are two verses involved:
1. The one referred to in the American Thinker article, where it is stated that the waiting period for divorcing pre-pubescent wives is three months.

2. Another verse (don’t quite remember sura), where it is stated that the waiting period for wives from unconsummated marriages is much less than 3 months.

Conmbined, 1 and 2 means that a husband having a pre-pubescent wife may have sex with her. (And if you look at the Ghada Jamshir interview, you’ll see that in Islam, as long as there is talk of non-penetrative sex, a man may have sex with babies as well)

Posted: 23 July 2008 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23
arildno - 22 July 2008 03:47 PM

1. The one referred to in the American Thinker article, where it is stated that the waiting period for divorcing pre-pubescent wives is three months.

2. Another verse (don’t quite remember sura), where it is stated that the waiting period for wives from unconsummated marriages is much less than 3 months.

Conmbined, 1 and 2 means that a husband having a pre-pubescent wife may have sex with her. (And if you look at the Ghada Jamshir interview, you’ll see that in Islam, as long as there is talk of non-penetrative sex, a man may have sex with babies as well)

What?  Are you insane, or just purposely lying to spread your hate?  Again, show me or anyone else, a single Qur’anic verse or hadith which allows a man to have sex with pre-pubescent females in Islam.  Idiot.

Posted: 23 July 2008 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23
Wotansson - 22 July 2008 03:43 PM
arildno - 22 July 2008 02:42 PM

Do you know where exactly in the Koran consummation with the pre-pubescent is permitted - chapter and verse?

Stay Well
Wot

There is none.

Posted: 23 July 2008 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23
Wotansson - 22 July 2008 02:27 PM

Where in Islamic law, custom or the Koran is a man prohibited from being an “abusive jerk”. According to you, any post-pubescent girl is ready. You have personal knowledge that the girl had not reached puberty? If she had reached puberty, everything would have been acceptable?

Stay Well
Wot

There are too many Qur’anic verses and hadith to list.  If you only cared to be objective in your analysis, I’m sure you could find them, it’s not that hard.

Posted: 23 July 2008 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23
arildno - 22 July 2008 02:01 PM

Yet another example of Jack’s fantasies and fascinations about dicky-sticking infants.

I wonder if his employer knows about Jack’s sexual interest in tiny girls?

Someone ought to dicky-stick you in the mouth tough guy, and quit dreaming about having me fired for my beliefs, I’m beginning to think your just unemployed and jealous.

Posted: 24 July 2008 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-26
Jack Shooter - 24 July 2008 12:23 AM
arildno - 22 July 2008 03:47 PM

What?  Are you insane, or just purposely lying to spread your hate?  Again, show me or anyone else, a single Qur’anic verse or hadith which allows a man to have sex with pre-pubescent females in Islam.  Idiot.

First off, here’s the Sura expressly implying that marriage to pre-pubescents is allowed:

Koran 65:4: and those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the ‘iddah (waiting period for divorce), if you have doubts (about their periods), is three months, and for those who have no courses [(i.e. They are still immature) their ‘iddah (prescribed period) is three months likewise, except in case of death]. And for those who are pregnant (whether they are divorced or their husbands are dead), their ‘iddah (prescribed period) is until they deliver (their burdens) (give birth) and whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to him, he will make his matter easy for him.

I’ll follow up with the reference on the iddah length for wives with whom marriage has NOT been consummated.

In the meantime:
NOWHERE in the Quran or the hadiths is it expressly forbidden to have sex with a pre-pubescent.
If Jack Shooter can come up with an express verse from the Quran forbidding sex with a pre-pubescent, or a hadith from Sahih Bukhari or Sahih Muslim to that effect, I’ll happily renounce my claim.

[ Edited: 24 July 2008 07:48 AM by arildno]

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed