Dark Knight in Chicago
Posted: 21 July 2008 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3765
Joined  2007-03-11

Seems that the newest Gotham City is Chicago, not NYNY.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/07/21/mondaymoviebuzz.chicago.ap/index.html

They claim that it’s Heath Ledger playing the Joker, but we all know someone residing in Chicago who fits the part much better, and is still among the living. Yes, it’s our Dutch friend, from the Nether-regions - Sander. I’m just upset that I didn’t get free tickets to the premiere.

Posted: 10 August 2008 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

I saw this film over the weekend. I’m not a comic book fan in the least. I went to see it just because there was so much buzz about it. I thought it was pretty good. The ending kind of sucked, but I suppose they might conclude it in a sequel.

Too bad Sander, eh, I mean Heath Ledger won’t be around anymore to play The Joker. Damn, he was brilliant!

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 10 August 2008 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24
rab - 10 August 2008 07:50 PM

Too bad Sander, eh, I mean Heath Ledger won’t be around anymore to play The Joker. Damn, he was brilliant!

Absolutely!

I almost feel for whoever they get for the next movie, but on the other hand whoever that turns out to be has an awesome model to work from, and it seems pulling the role off after such a performance would be a pretty big deal for an actor.

I favor Batman Begins, but I certainly think The Dark Knight is pretty goddamn good, and I’m really looking forward to seeing this series continue!

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 11 August 2008 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-26

Ledger’s performance kicked ass!

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2008 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  892
Joined  2007-12-04
SkepticX - 10 August 2008 09:58 PM

I almost feel for whoever they get for the next movie, but on the other hand whoever that turns out to be has an awesome model to work from, and it seems pulling the role off after such a performance would be a pretty big deal for an actor.

Rumors are that the production team has approached Johnny Depp about playing the Riddler for a third movie.

Obviously not hard facts but wouldn’t that be just the right casting for that role?

I agree with everything. Ledger was just amazing, and I think everyone should see this movie, comic book fan or no comic book fan. Its a great movie.

Signature 

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

Posted: 18 August 2008 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2006-10-09

The huge financial juggernaut this movie has turned into virtually guarantees there’ll be a sequel, but tht doesn’t necessarily mean that Nolan, Goyer, Bale, et al. will be involved in it.  I hope they are, because they’ve made two outstanding Batman movies in a row.  After the horror that was “Batman and Robin”, it was absolutely necessary that any maker of any subsequent Batman film would have to knock one out of the park.  I thought they had done it with “Batman Begins”, but “The Dark Knight” was even better.

(See here for a humorous take on the success of the film: Hi, I’m a Marvel…and I’m a DC)

I hope the inevitable sequel is good.  It almost certainly won’t be as good as “The Dark Knight” was, but I hope it’s good.

Signature 

I am the very model of a Christian Evangelical
I’ve no need for courtesy when fighting things heretical
I know the bible word for word; you’ll find me pedagogical
I have my faith so I’ve no need for ideas that are logical
Atheists and Pagans fall before my wit satirical
They’ll burn in hell just as they should; their cries will be so lyrical
I’m always right, you’re always wrong, my reasoning’s dogmatical
For I’m the very model of a Christian Evangelical

Posted: 19 August 2008 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-26
Billy Shears - 19 August 2008 12:31 AM

(See here for a humorous take on the success of the film: Hi, I’m a Marvel…and I’m a DC)

LOL So that’s what’s going to bring about the Second Coming!

Signature 

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed