1 of 4
What is the most important question of all time?
Posted: 23 July 2008 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2008-04-02

On another thread, Vic M said that the most important question of all time is, “where did the universe and all it contains come from?” I say he is wrong. The most important question imo: “Is there one move that’s more likely to win a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors?” Is their a more important question? Please share your wisdom.

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 23 July 2008 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-02

VicM insulted your intelligence, Jefe. That is so ironic and asinine that I was at a loss for a suitable rude retaliation.

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 23 July 2008 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2136
Joined  2006-02-20
Jefe - 23 July 2008 05:57 PM

Draft or bottle?

The Universe came out of a bottle, not a keg.  I know this.

Signature 

“The simple fables of the religious of the world have come to seem like tales told to children.”  - Nobel Prize recipient - Francis Crick

“It is time we recognized the boundless narcissism and self-deceit of the saved.” - Sam Harris

Posted: 23 July 2008 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2927
Joined  2006-12-17

The most important question of all time:

If you are Catholic: What would the pope do?
If you are Jewish: Why me?
If you are Buddhist: Does a dog have Buddha nature? Mu!

Any other additions?

Posted: 23 July 2008 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  663
Joined  2008-05-22

The question: “where did the universe and all it contains come from?”

Josh: “What do you think, Vic?”

VicM: “It all came from God, of course.”

Josh: “Okay, that question has been answered sufficiently! So now, where did GOD come from? Who or what created God?”

Vic stutters a bit, then walks off grumbling to himself.

Posted: 23 July 2008 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10
Beam_Me_Up - 23 July 2008 05:37 PM

On another thread, Vic M said that the most important question of all time is, “where did the universe and all it contains come from?” I say he is wrong. The most important question imo: “Is there one move that’s more likely to win a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors?” Is their a more important question? Please share your wisdom.

What is the sound of one hand slapping Oprah ?

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

Posted: 23 July 2008 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
Josh - 23 July 2008 06:38 PM

The question: “where did the universe and all it contains come from?”

Josh: “What do you think, Vic?”

VicM: “It all came from God, of course.”

Josh: “Okay, that question has been answered sufficiently! So now, where did GOD come from? Who or what created God?”

Vic stutters a bit, then walks off grumbling to himself.

Then he stops as though thunderstruck, turns around brightly, raises both hands and exclaims, “God came from me!  Where else?”

Signature 

“The simple fables of the religious of the world have come to seem like tales told to children.”  - Nobel Prize recipient - Francis Crick

“It is time we recognized the boundless narcissism and self-deceit of the saved.” - Sam Harris

Posted: 23 July 2008 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
Sander - 23 July 2008 06:39 PM

What is the sound of one hand slapping Oprah ?

It’s always good to know one is not alone.  But why the question mark?

Signature 

Posted: 23 July 2008 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2492
Joined  2008-04-05

The most important question of all time is-

Is ‘faith’ really frontal cortex fuckwittery? I mean, I really need to know.

Signature 

‘Every reflecting mind must acknowledge that there is no proof of the existence of a Deity’

‘If ignorance of nature gave birth to gods, knowledge of nature destroys them’

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posted: 23 July 2008 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
McCreason - 23 July 2008 06:49 PM

The most important question of all time is-

Is ‘faith’ really frontal cortex fuckwittery? I mean, I really need to know.

You just think you need to know.  Oh, I just realized why Sander used a question mark; he hasn’t done it yet.

Signature 

Posted: 23 July 2008 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-02

Faith is more likely, imo, caused by a severe deficit in the limbic system. The cortex apparently never develops in full blown religiostupidification. Sander is the expert on fuckwittery and general dipshitedness, perhaps he will enlighten us. Btw, I don’t even want to think about someone slapping Oprah’s ass…shivering in disgust…better slap her face.

Signature 

Posted: 23 July 2008 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
Beam_Me_Up - 23 July 2008 06:58 PM

Btw, I don’t even want to think about someone slapping Oprah’s ass…shivering in disgust…better slap her face.

Which one?  I mean, which expression?  Her knowing glance at the audience while the guest prepares a dish of avocado and ice cream?  No, hang on.  How about her squeamishness when Dr. Oz hands her a lung?

Signature 

Posted: 23 July 2008 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  663
Joined  2008-05-22

Unsmoked, just how much Oprah do you watch? You sound very familiar with the many facial expressions of the Almighty Creator of Dr. Phil.

Posted: 23 July 2008 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
Josh - 23 July 2008 07:34 PM

Unsmoked, just how much Oprah do you watch? You sound very familiar with the many facial expressions of the Almighty Creator of Dr. Phil.

I know.  It’s like my knowledge of ‘Friday Night Smackdown’, the Jewelry Exchange, and Benny Hinn’s Big Tent in Copenhagen.  I was just trying to get from ‘Lost’ to ‘America’s Got Talent’ when . . .

Signature 

Posted: 23 July 2008 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3765
Joined  2007-03-11
Beam_Me_Up - 23 July 2008 05:37 PM

“Is there one move that’s more likely to win a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors?”

THE MOVE: Take the rock and hit your opponent in the head, and as he is falling, put the paper under him and take the scissors, cutting him into small pieces on the way down - then wrap up the pieces in the paper and take them out to sea in your boat to use as fish bait. Do this in one continuous motion, and it qualifies as “one move” under the official rules of Rock-Paper-Scissors.

Posted: 23 July 2008 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5404
Joined  2006-09-27

What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it’s all about?

Signature 

INVEST in cynicism!

1 of 4

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed