Crane with Steeple Collapses, Killing Church Member
Posted: 26 July 2008 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

The senior vice-president of the crane and rigging company that was doing the job said they do 10,000 jobs a year without incident. This time they were erecting a steeple on top of a building connected to the Grace Assembly of God church when the crane collapsed, toppling the steeple into a parking lot of on-lookers, including a man and his wife in a car. Their car was crushed and he was killed.

The point I want to make with this story to you believers on this forum is that if the god of the bible exists, why did he choose not to intervene on behalf of this devout couple? In the bible, god intervened all the time in human affairs.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/07/24/national/main4290825.shtml?source=RSSattr=HOME_4290825

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 26 July 2008 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-05-17

Probably the same reason that, he, a god who can create manna from heaven to sustain people, allows 30,000 children to starve to death every day.  The same reason he created cancer-causing viruses and bacteria: To test our faith in him!  Like he did with Will Smith’s character Robert Neville in the movie I Am Legend.

[ Edited: 26 July 2008 12:13 PM by Storyteller]

Posted: 26 July 2008 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26
Storyteller - 26 July 2008 04:06 PM

Like he did with Will Smith’s character Robert Neville in the movie I Am Legend.

Really? I thought it was all about finding the truth of Bob Marley. cool smile

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 27 July 2008 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-05-17

Really? I thought it was all about finding the truth of Bob Marley.

Hmm, might be true too.  God does move in mysterious ways smile

Posted: 27 July 2008 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  950
Joined  2006-06-26
rab - 26 July 2008 10:57 AM

This time they were erecting a steeple on top of a building connected to the Grace Assembly of God church when the crane collapsed, toppling the steeple into a parking lot of on-lookers, including a man and his wife in a car. Their car was crushed and he was killed.

The obvious explanation is that he was a closet gay, so God killed him, in broad daylight, on Church property, in front of witnesses, with a large piece of machinery to make an example of him. Thus he spared his wife, she didn’t know.

[ Edited: 27 July 2008 08:25 PM by dlsmith]
 Signature 

“We have it recorded in a book called the Bible.”

To be blunt, the Bible records all manner of silly shit.

Posted: 31 July 2008 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2008-04-02

Perhaps sky daddy was pissed because the steeple wasn’t big enough-and thus he considered it an insult.

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed