John Edwards affair : I’m tempted to say “Good for him ! ”
Posted: 08 August 2008 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2007-10-11

So Johnny “Daddy” Edwards says it’s true- he DID have an affair !  I’m sure the world is shocked- how such a perfect husband and father could be human after all ! Suddenly he’s become a little more spicey than a hen-pecked man and benevolent good guy.

I knew there was more to him than just a Colgate smile ! No kidding ,- I almost don’t blame him ! Maybe , with this affair, at last he got some appreciation. His wife was so jealous and the media turn thier back on him as if he was nothing but an old shoe.

Posted: 08 August 2008 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  950
Joined  2006-06-26

It sounds like he surreptitiously retrieved his balls from his wife’s dresser when he was packing for the trip. And she never noticed.

Signature 

“We have it recorded in a book called the Bible.”

To be blunt, the Bible records all manner of silly shit.

Posted: 09 August 2008 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3208
Joined  2007-04-26

I oppose infidelity in principle because it involves betrayal and deception to one’s spouse. If Edwards were not a famous politician, and he and his wife had settled the matter, then it may not be the place of others to condemn him. An exception may be if Edwards had betrayed and deceived his girlfriend as well, such as stringing her along with promises that he would leave his wife.

As it stands, I’m more concerned about Edwards lying to the public, maintaining a family-man facade and denying the affair. I might have a bit more respect for him if he didn’t pretend to be above infidelity and if he had admitted the affair from the start.

Posted: 09 August 2008 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2007-10-11
Carstonio - 09 August 2008 10:56 AM

I oppose infidelity in principle because it involves betrayal and deception to one’s spouse. If Edwards were not a famous politician, and he and his wife had settled the matter, then it may not be the place of others to condemn him. An exception may be if Edwards had betrayed and deceived his girlfriend as well, such as stringing her along with promises that he would leave his wife.

As it stands, I’m more concerned about Edwards lying to the public, maintaining a family-man facade and denying the affair. I might have a bit more respect for him if he didn’t pretend to be above infidelity and if he had admitted the affair from the start.

Edwards seemed to be one of those people that is either hated or loved. Some thought he was an all-around good man, attractive and humanitarian in his concern for the poor and needy. He was a handsome, devoted family man. Others thought of him as an “ambulance chaser” an oily-palmed lawyer , a boyish charmer who was more like a charleton, a egocentric , silver-tounged phoney—they hated his guts. He is that type of candidate.

Many men; famous men or celebrities cheat on thier girlfriends or wives and they are still okay with the public . They are forgiven in no time. But because Edwards seemed to be such a conceited little bastard; a snake-oil salesman, a self-important greedy character , the media and so many voters will have a hay-day and start to salivate at the very thought of doing him in ,he will probably be beaten to a pulp, and disgraced forever.  Which most certainly isn’t fair .

People should remember that he did this “horrible sin ” years ago and since then things have gone back to normal for him, his wife and family. They love him and are proud of him—-and they should be . Not only that but John has apologized and been completely open about his own self-disgust and shame.  And no way should his misdeed be compared to the other politicians of the past, and thier “fooling around” . Bill Clinton seduced a little girl; a kid who was infatuated with him. He took advantage of her and screwed around right in the white house—and he was actualy president at the time !!!  Everybody forgave that big lout .

Edwards is STILL a good example, no matter if he did have an affair . Think of his life and how he did so well, even though he had such a humble beginning. And he STILL is a wonderful father——AND husband. As a matter of fact he’d HAVE to be an extraordinary man to put up with his hen-pecking conceited jealous wife . 

Forgive him and let him have the right to be a real person instead of a perfect person. I hope his career does not go down the drain——-he’s put so much time and effort into it, and been treated like an East Indian “untouchable ” by the media…...untill now, that is, but then that’s because NOW they have a feast of blame thay can talk about- a excuse to tell the world what a jerk he is ! Give the guy a break he’s done a lot more good than he’s ever done bad for anyone.

Posted: 09 August 2008 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3208
Joined  2007-04-26
Dee - 09 August 2008 05:43 PM

Forgive him and let him have the right to be a real person instead of a perfect person.

There’s more than one type of infidelity. One type is where the person acts inappropriately on his/her feelings, recognizes that he/she did wrong, and makes amends with both the spouse and the lover. Another type is where the person regularly betrays and deceives not only the spouse but also the lovers. The issue is which description better fits Edwards, or is his infidelity some other type. I don’t know enough about him to know. I do know that a former governor of my state married “the other woman” on two occasions, like he saw women as like cars to be traded in.

Posted: 10 August 2008 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

He had the affair, supposedly ended it, then ran for president. Now THAT takes balls.

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed