Women Drivers at the Root of Immorality
Posted: 14 August 2008 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2004-12-21

Finally, what I have been saying all along about women drivers has been proven. Women driving leads to gross immorality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9cAa6SP79M&feature=related

Posted: 14 August 2008 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3765
Joined  2007-03-11

Which leads to another burning question - what do Saudi truck drivers look at when a passenger car goes by them? They can’t do “leg checks.”

But seriously, what is the purpose and the benefit of the supposed high-standards of morality that Saudi Arabian society upholds?  Besides the fact that they are richer than most because of oil (which has nothing to do with morality, I suspect), what benefits does the restrictive morality of that country bring? They wouldn’t even have access to the oil were it not for western technology. They would still be living in tents in the desert and riding camels.

Posted: 14 August 2008 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21
Bruce Burleson - 14 August 2008 05:28 PM

Which leads to another burning question - what do Saudi truck drivers look at when a passenger car goes by them? They can’t do “leg checks.”

But seriously, what is the purpose and the benefit of the supposed high-standards of morality that Saudi Arabian society upholds?  Besides the fact that they are richer than most because of oil (which has nothing to do with morality, I suspect), what benefits does the restrictive morality of that country bring? They wouldn’t even have access to the oil were it not for western technology. They would still be living in tents in the desert and riding camels.

Interesting question. Somehow I struggle trying to reconcile Islamic societies with any morality. Is the cover-up of women really morality or is it just custom imposed by the men and for what exact reason? Seems like a system to control the man’s own (healthy)lust. I don’t see how a man would select a wife through the eye slits. I don’t see the rationale much less the benefit. But such is the way of religious societies. My Iranian friend, who holds the Arabs in some contempt, views them as medieval nomadic camel drivers. You made a good point in your other thread about no enlightenment coming from the Islamic world and if it was not for the oil, no one would pay any attention to them or their philosophies. No hard feelings about my satire in the other thread, I hope.

Bleib Wohl
Wotansson

Posted: 14 August 2008 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3765
Joined  2007-03-11
Wotansson - 14 August 2008 10:38 PM

No hard feelings about my satire in the other thread, I hope.

None at all. It’s expected here.

Posted: 16 August 2008 05:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

Civilized societies recognize that women are indeed beautiful creatures and integrates this fact into such societies.  What can be more natural than the mutual physical attraction between men and women. Western civilizations do not deny this but rather depend on laws for some restraint plus the conduct of goodly and honorable men (and women?). Western civilizations are robust with romantic notions about the beauty of women at least as far back to the ancient Greeks and even to the eastern-rooted mythology of Adam and Eve.
Western romanticism gave rise to such mythology(?) as the face that launched a thousand ships. How many ships would have been launched by the face of a Sunni Muslim woman as viewed through the eye slits in her head covering? I opt for western romanticism.

Stay Well
Wotansson

Posted: 16 August 2008 05:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

Most people here in the West don’t speak Arabic, so you can put any translation to that video you want. The guy could have been talking about what a douchbag he was and how his mother dresses him in table cloths. How do we know?

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 16 August 2008 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21
rab - 16 August 2008 09:43 AM

Most people here in the West don’t speak Arabic, so you can put any translation to that video you want. The guy could have been talking about what a douchbag he was and how his mother dresses him in table cloths. How do we know?

The translation is from MEMRI which would seems to have some credibility.
http://www.memritv.org/content/en/about.htm

I doubt that the translation is as far off as you theorize.

Stay Well

Wotansson

Posted: 19 August 2008 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2008-08-19

I’m sure that guy in the video said, ‘as it is written’. Where? In the koran? Blimey, those old muslims were well ahead of their time!!

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed