A conversation, a couple of drinks and a good shag
Posted: 14 August 2008 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10

Of late I have been posting a lot of pointless fluff (sorry about that) but I am back on my A game and ready to tackle the big issues of our time.
So it occurred to me to start a thread where one has to list 21 ‘celebrities’ alive or ex, as in, people we may know and not your aunt Ruth or the guy at your local Blockbuster, seven of whom you’d like to have a conversation with, seven you’d like to party with and seven you’d really want to shag.

Make sure you put them in the right category so you don’t wind up with Gandhi in the ‘party’ section or Einstein in the ‘shag’ section.

Here goes, not in order of preference but with the favorite in bold.

The conversation list:

1.  Bertrand Russell
2.  Oscar Wilde
3.  Charles Simic
4.  Sylvia Plath
5.  Joseph Stalin
6.  Edith Piaf
7.  Sam Harris

The Party list:

1.  Ernest Hemmingway
2.  Tom Waits
3.  Charles Bukowski
4.  Charlie Parker
5.  Jim Morrison
6.  Chet Baker
7.  Hunter S. Thompson

The shag list

1.  Brigitte Bardot ( quite some years ago)
2.  Ofra Haza
3.  Jennifer Aniston
4.  Harriet Wheeler (of The Sundays)
5.  Isabelle Adjani
6.  Jane Fonda , in her Barbarella period (and outfit) yum !
7.  Jennifer Connelly

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

Posted: 14 August 2008 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2818
Joined  2005-04-29

Not to change the subject Sander, but care to play a round of “F, marry, kill”? Here’s a fairly easy one, at least for me:

- Jessica Alba
- Courtney Love
- Rihanna

Just decide who you’d f, who you’d marry, and who you’d kill. I wish I could take invention credit, but can’t. Hope it’s not too absurd for this crowd.

Signature 

Philosophy may in no way interfere with the actual use of language; it can in the end only describe it. For it cannot give it any foundations either. It leaves everything as it is.
Ludwig Wittgenstein

Posted: 14 August 2008 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10
homunculus - 14 August 2008 11:34 PM

Not to change the subject Sander, but care to play a round of “F, marry, kill”? Here’s a fairly easy one, at least for me:

- Jessica Alba
- Courtney Love
- Rihanna

Just decide who you’d f, who you’d marry, and who you’d kill. I wish I could take invention credit, but can’t. Hope it’s not too absurd for this crowd.

Sounds like a fun game.

I’d kill Jessica Alba for being such a horrendous, ahem, actress.
I’d fuck Rihanna
And, I guess, I’d have to marry Courtney.
Oh well, at least she will be able to get me good drugs.

Here’re three for you:

Gwyneth Paltrow
Jasmine Bleeth
Jessica Rabbit.

Go!

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

Posted: 14 August 2008 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  892
Joined  2007-12-04

Oh, interesting. I’ll bite. But as we are all such individualists here I am going to break the rules right away!
Well, just slightly by replacing the party category with something else. I’m not much of a party kinda guy. (SHOCK)
I also cut the categories down a bit.

The conversation list: (not ordered)
1. Einstein - to use contemporary evidence to convince him of the truth of quantum physics and get his input.
2. Marcus Tullius Cicero - Would love to get his views on modern human society
3. Benjamin Franklin - I’m really curious about his exact views on religion, in the details
4. Chris Metzen - Geek alert, lead designer at Blizzard Entertainment and writer of the lore for the warcraft universe
5. Carl Sagan - I really wish I could see the universe through his eyes, talking to him would bring that wish a bit closer
6. Sam Harris - duh

Dead people that I’d like to have alive: (not ordered)
1. Hitler - this really goes for him primarily but really any other of the high ranking nazi officers. Not because I wanted them to survive to be punished but because of the insights interrogations and biographies from these nutjobs could had given us.
2. Hide Matsumoto - Okay I apologize Sander for adding someone none of you guys. Japanese guitarrist who killed himself.
3. Carl Sagan - Again, its a shame that he won’t be there when/if we find life on Mars

The shag list (not ordered)

1. Amanda Tapping - English actress best known from Stargate SG1

2. Jessica Alba - Oh comeon, excuse me for being mainstream but she’s my age and HAWT

3. (Don’t laugh) Jodie Foster - ten+ years or so ago and I don’t care about her orientation! I just got a really soft spot for women with an intellectual aura about them and in the disturbed mind of me she was unbelievably attractive in Contact raspberry

4. Heidi Klum

5. Olivia Wade - Acress appearing among others in season four of House MD

Signature 

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

Posted: 15 August 2008 05:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-12-04

I saw Heidi and hubby, the aquatic sea mammal, at the Admirals Club at LAX a couple of months ago.  My 4 year old son Mickey literally ran right into her crouch (if only we older boys could get away with that).  She is still a looker but time and mileage have done their work.

Shag list:  Natalie Portman

Signature 

http://www.thehereticandthepreacher.com

Posted: 17 November 2008 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2007-10-24

Can girls play too?  tongue laugh

Conversation:
1. Amelia Earheart
2. William Gibson
3. Carl Sagan
4. Elvis Costello
5. John Cusack
6. Freddie Mercury

Party
1. Jeremy Piven
2. John Cusack
2. Bonnie Hunt
3. Brian Setzer
4. Mike Myers (around the time he made “So I Married an Ax Murderer”
5. Will Farrell

Shag
1. Val Kilmer (back in his “The Saint” days.  No comment on the movie - just the actor)
2. Hugh Jackman
3. Jeremy Northam
4. Joaquin Phoenix
5. Denzel Washington
6. Clive Owen

Who I’d shag if I were a guy:
1. Heather Graham
2. Carmen Electra
3. Liv Tyler
4. Halle Berry
5. Regina Spektor

I honestly can’t think of anyone I’d even joke about killing.  Just not that much animosity, I guess.

Signature 

Modern science has been a voyage into the unknown, with a lesson in humility waiting at every stop. Many passengers would rather have stayed home.
          —Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed