Undercover Mosque II
Posted: 01 September 2008 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2008-03-24

For those of you who haven’t seen it, check out Undercover Mosque from UK channel 4.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/022495.php

Undercover Mosque II aired at 8pm tonight in the UK. I haven’t seen it posted up online yet, but I’m definitely interested.

Anyone in the UK catch it? Anyone found it posted online yet? Thoughts?

I’ll keep my eye out for a vid link and post it back here if I find it first.

[ Edited: 01 September 2008 07:21 PM by Galapagos]

Posted: 01 September 2008 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2008-03-24

Aha! Found it on Youtube! I somehow missed it searching through google..

UnderCover Mosque: The Return. 1:5
UnderCover Mosque: The Return. 2:5
UnderCover Mosque: The Return. 3:5
UnderCover Mosque: The Return. 4:5
UnderCover Mosque: The Return. 5:5

[ Edited: 01 September 2008 09:29 PM by Galapagos]

Posted: 02 September 2008 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  497
Joined  2006-06-15

A clear expose of the activities of Saudi-funded Wahhabi fundamentalists in tolerant societies such as Britain.

The weirdest thing is that Saudi Arabia funds extremist Islam around the world, yet the USA, which is the world’s most paranoid nation about extremist Islam, is the staunchest ally of the House of Saud and keeps them in power with military protection. Someone please explain because it does my head in.

Signature 

Affiliation creates division. Friendship is better than membership.

Posted: 02 September 2008 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24
mesomorph - 02 September 2008 05:34 PM

A clear expose of the activities of Saudi-funded Wahhabi fundamentalists in tolerant societies such as Britain.

The weirdest thing is that Saudi Arabia funds extremist Islam around the world, yet the USA, which is the world’s most paranoid nation about extremist Islam, is the staunchest ally of the House of Saud and keeps them in power with military protection. Someone please explain because it does my head in.

It’s the most powerful pair of three letter words in world politics ... if you end a sentence with the one and count the punctuation as a letter, and if you don’t count the Y in the other.

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 03 September 2008 01:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2007-10-11

Mesomorph :  These “hidden” mosques are not really rare at all. It disgusts me that they have gotten that far and we, here in America are so damned mellow and trusting ( and ignorant ) as far as Islam with it’s bad attitude towards “infidels” like us ,and it’s two-faced Muslim operation CAIR is concerned. Cair , by the way, is a Saudi-influenced establishment .That they have “cells” as they are called , of radicals who are anti-American etc. established right here in our cities and towns is not a wild guess but a reality .

Our trouble is not that we are “paranoid” as you put it, about extremist Islam , but that we are oblivious or ignorant of thier presence or/and nature . Indeed, if we ever were paranoid about Islamic hostility and peril , it was only for a short while after9/11 .
How soon we forget. By now we are made to feel ashamed to even be suspicious of them. One way you can aquaint yourself with the Muslim occupancy and activity in this country is to read “Infiltration” by Paul Sperry . It’s shocking .

The UK is one of the places where the Muslims have become a problem to an awful extent . They have swarmed into that country and continue to practice their own religious way of life even though it clashes with the standards and normality of British society . They have also hammered thier Mosques together here, there, and everywhere so they damned near litter the landscape throughout that small country (s). That’s what the British get for thier most welcoming and charitable attitude towards the turbaned ones. Ditto for the Dutch .

As for us being a staunch ally to those dispicable true agents of evil; wolves in sheep’s clothing-it’s an oil thing, and a cowardly thing, and enough to make us puke .

Posted: 03 September 2008 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15
Dee - 03 September 2008 05:40 AM

it’s an oil thing

Yes I had got as far as that, but with all that American military presence, arms deals, buddy relationships between the Bushes and the Saudi oligarchs, you would think that one of the US government’s top priorities in the middle East would be to pressurise the Saudis into cracking down on the export of Wahhabism, freezing bank accounts and the like. Should be a simple enough deal: we keep you in power, you extirpate the fundamentalists.

Unless such a policy would so enrage the Wahhabis that they would rise up, overthrow the hated oligarchs and instal themselves in power? I don’t quite see that happening somehow, the royals have all the financial and political muscle in what is virtually a police state. The export and finance of extremism is going on under the benign gaze of the Saudi royal family.

I’m sure the answer to your riddle would solve the conundrum SkepticX if I could work it out!

Re the level of paranoia in the USA, Michael Moore has fairly conclusively shown that people in the US are pretty paranoid as compared with e.g. Canadians. As far as I can tell that extends to the Islamic extremist threat as well as gun ownership.

Signature 

Posted: 09 September 2008 12:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  254
Joined  2008-09-06

We didn’t have to be that way. Thirty years ago the much-maligned President Carter said we’d be hitting peak US oil soon and had the choice of dependence or independence. We chose dependence which meant we had to glue our collective lips to the Saudi sphincter and ended up pouring (to date) close to two trillion dollars onto the sand to steal someone else’s oil.

Also, the Wahabis aren’t that different from the Dominionists, Restorationists, Reconstructionists and other unnatural sects that form the largest part of the Republican base. Oh, we’ll probably end up killing each other over who has the bigger god and shinier ultimate truth. But their fundies and our fundies speak the same language.

Posted: 04 November 2008 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-11-03

This is an interesting topic. Especially for someone like me who has not paid much attention to Muslim issues beyond the mass media stereotype.  I look forward to more.  By the way, my God is way bigger.

Signature 

Look, no hands.

Posted: 04 November 2008 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-11-03
telner - 09 September 2008 04:07 AM

But their fundies and our fundies speak the same language.

Yes, very much so. Dinesh D’Souza, among other conservative Christians, has openly argued that conservative Christians need to ally themselves with conservative Muslims. D’Souza argued that 9/11 and related attacks are because American culture is just too liberal, and that if Muslims see a conservative Christian society that shares their values (which D’Souza explicitly defines mainly in terms of suppressing homosexuals, blasphemy, and abortion) they will not attack us. I don’t know whether to laugh and cry at such insanity. The PIG (Politically Incorrect Guides), laughable collections of conservative talking points designed to look like the “for dummies”/“complete idiot’s guides” have a volume trashing Islam, and ANOTHER describing what great guys the Saudis are as opposed to those crazy Iranians. The latter PIG guide actually makes the claim that the American left dislikes the Saudis “because they’re deeply religious”. It’s like a parallel universe. It also makes me wonder why anyone for even a moment could trust the right in America to combat the threat of violent fundamentalism.

Posted: 04 November 2008 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2007-10-11
Abu Sayf Al-Naziri - 05 November 2008 01:06 AM
telner - 09 September 2008 04:07 AM

But their fundies and our fundies speak the same language.

Yes, very much so. Dinesh D’Souza, among other conservative Christians, has openly argued that conservative Christians need to ally themselves with conservative Muslims. D’Souza argued that 9/11 and related attacks are because American culture is just too liberal, and that if Muslims see a conservative Christian society that shares their values (which D’Souza explicitly defines mainly in terms of suppressing homosexuals, blasphemy, and abortion) they will not attack us. I don’t know whether to laugh and cry at such insanity. The PIG (Politically Incorrect Guides), laughable collections of conservative talking points designed to look like the “for dummies”/“complete idiot’s guides” have a volume trashing Islam, and ANOTHER describing what great guys the Saudis are as opposed to those crazy Iranians. The latter PIG guide actually makes the claim that the American left dislikes the Saudis “because they’re deeply religious”. It’s like a parallel universe. It also makes me wonder why anyone for even a moment could trust the right in America to combat the threat of violent fundamentalism.

Have you ever read the “PIG” book “The Politicaly Incorrect Guide To Islam ”  by Robert Spencer ? Another good book of his is “The Truth About Muhammed” Spencer is a good source of info. and knowledge about Islam. I’ve read almost all of his books . Muhammed was a common thief, by the way .

Posted: 05 November 2008 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15
Dee - 05 November 2008 03:38 AM

I’ve read almost all of his books . Muhammed was a common thief, by the way .

Muhammad did a lot of extremely bad things including personally cutting the heads off all the males of a defeated Judaised Arab tribe called the Banu Qurayza - this is well documented. But a common thief?

I know it’s your style Dee but you can’t just give a dog a bad name and hang him. Unfortunately - and I know it’s a big effort for you - you have to provide evidence.

Signature 

Posted: 05 November 2008 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-11-03

I have read several of the PIG guides. They are consistent only in how uniformly dishonest or mistaken they are on their respective subjects, depending on how much benefit of the doubt one would give their authors. Even the guide to Islam, since it’s written from a strongly Christian viewpoint, is negligible insofar as it portrays the crusades as a reasonable countermeasure to Islamic expansionism. Since I am not a Muslim, I am curious why Dee seems to be trying to bait me by talking about Spencer, etc.

Posted: 05 November 2008 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  254
Joined  2008-09-06

There’s a few mosques in the Portland area.

The big one with all the modern conveniences gets the media attention. When they need a “spokesman for the Muslim community” the media go there. It’s smooth, slick and Saudi-funded. I’ve never heard of anyone preaching “Death to America”. They probably wouldn’t say anything like that to the White guy. According to friends who go there regularly one hears a lot of sermons from guys with really big beards about how if you shake hands with a woman it’s the same as committing adultery with her.

I never realized how much action I was getting. Goddam!

There’s a mosque down the street from me. It’s in a little cinder block building with fraying carpet. The guys who run it used to be Nation of Islam but shed their racism long ago. The sermons on the men’s side tend to be about charity, kindness and (as in all churches) how the roof needs fixing.

When Aisha - the younger sister I wish I’d had - goes to prayers it’s at the Somali masjid near her house. There’s a big tasbih on one wall. There’s tea and cookies after jumma prayer. The children touch her hair because they’ve never seen hair like that up close. Everyone is very friendly, and insofar as politics gets discussed it’s “Thank God we’re in America.”

The dergahs? If all of the local Sufi groups pooled their money they might be able to afford a rat hole. The only time I brought up something vaguely political at the meet-and-greet before a community zikr I got shushed. There’s a taboo across the board about that. Zikr is for prayer and Allah. That sort of thing is simply inappropriate.

Yes, the Saudis have poured a lot of money into mosques around the world. And some of the filth they have hissed into Muslims’ ears is pretty foul. You’re not going to stop it by trying to drive Muslims out of the mosques. In the immigrant communities particularly they serve vital social functions the way that “community centers” never can.

In the States you can’t do it through the purse. Only Evangelical Christian Churches get government funding. Excuse me. That’s “assistance in their charitable activities” through the Office of Faith-Based Initiatives.

If the government can show that a mosque was involved in sedition it could, of course, be shut down. But there’s a serious question of persecution and pro-Christian bias. The megachurches regularly spout things that are just as vile and violence-inciting. You’d have to close the Assemblies of God, the Missouri Synod Lutheran Churches and half the Southern Baptist Convention. That’s not going to happen. And stomping the Muslims into the ground while letting just as egregious if not worse stuff go on among the Christians is simple racism insofar as it’s based on fears of the Sinister Dark-Skinned Foreigners.

Germany is taking some positive steps. They’ve just started identifying the “teachers” who don’t have the requisite education or the state-mandated background to help immigrants integrate. I hope there’s the political will to decertify them.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed