Posted: 28 December 2005 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2005-12-28

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself, and say how much I've enjoyed reading Sam's book and some of the comments on this board.

About two weeks ago, I had never heard of Sam Harris, much less his book, but I happened to be flipping through the channnels, and came across the Book TV segment, and couldn't believe that there on cable television was someone saying what I've been believing for years.

I've only read a few posts on this board so far, but one post I did read pretty much says what I've been experiencing: You try telling friends and family about your views, and all of a sudden, you're not the same person to them. Something must be wrong with you.  It doesn't help when you say to them "if you believe in the Bible, you believe in some pretty strange things".

I'm just glad I have discovered this forum and look forward to talking with you all soon!

Posted: 07 January 2006 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2006-01-07

[quote author=“driver”]Hey everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself, and say how much I’ve enjoyed reading Sam’s book and some of the comments on this board.

About two weeks ago, I had never heard of Sam Harris, much less his book, but I happened to be flipping through the channnels, and came across the Book TV segment, and couldn’t believe that there on cable television was someone saying what I’ve been believing for years.

I’ve only read a few posts on this board so far, but one post I did read pretty much says what I’ve been experiencing: You try telling friends and family about your views, and all of a sudden, you’re not the same person to them. Something must be wrong with you.  It doesn’t help when you say to them “if you believe in the Bible, you believe in some pretty strange things”.

I’m just glad I have discovered this forum and look forward to talking with you all soon!

Hello Mr. Newbie
I am also new to this forum like you.  I listen to Mr. Sam Harris on C-Span Books section about his book “end of Faith”.  Seems like you totally agree with him.  Since Mr. Sam is doing research on Neurology, he may not have time to respond me.  I think Mr. Harris is very wrong ideas in his book “end of faith”  he is relating all the violence in this world to religious born thinkers, specially fundamentalist belivers of any faith.  I seriously wanted to talk to him on his forum.  He is also relating most of the human killings on religious born thinkers.  I may be wrong unless, until he talk to me and respond me.
I believe that 90% violence, human killings or any kind of ethical, immoral and criminal act by any person, leader, groups or government they do all these just to gain the following 3 evil desire:

1) to gain power and control on this world
2) For money and wealth
3) For Land

You name any violence, corruption, evildoer and killings - it will all be linked to above three main things.

9-11 conspiracy is the main back bone used behind religious believe to gain the above three evil desire by many evil people of this world and specially in this country.  Sam Harris is absolutely wrong in his book.  If he has time, I can challenge him on his forum and I will proof him how wrong he is in his book.  Mr. Newbie can you represent him and debate with me?
Kalanag

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed