English Justice
Posted: 09 September 2008 03:21 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-09-09

Yesterday an English court found muslim terrorists not guilty of “planning to cause a public nuisance”.Their actual plan was to blow up airliners with liquid bombs!An old lady who lives near me was also charged with causing a public nuisance recently,her crime was feeding local swans!!!!
Am I missing something here?

Posted: 09 September 2008 04:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  951
Joined  2007-06-23
sunbeamforjesus - 09 September 2008 07:21 AM

Yesterday an English court found muslim terrorists not guilty of “planning to cause a public nuisance”.Their actual plan was to blow up airliners with liquid bombs!An old lady who lives near me was also charged with causing a public nuisance recently,her crime was feeding local swans!!!!

Welcome Sunbeam. Missing anything? Well, yes - the stealth infiltration of much of Europe by a defective, retrograde culture that imposes its will using fear, threats and sometimes acts of violence. As well as governments and societies that have been slow to comprehend the danger of incorporating a large group of people that have no interest in assimilating.

That said, swans are also capable of acts of violence as anyone who has ever encountered an angry one can attest.

wink

Signature 

He who is not a misanthrope at forty can never have loved mankind  -Chamfort

Posted: 09 September 2008 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  885
Joined  2008-01-23
mpbrockman - 09 September 2008 08:30 AM
sunbeamforjesus - 09 September 2008 07:21 AM

Welcome Sunbeam. Missing anything? Well, yes - the stealth infiltration of much of Europe by a defective, retrograde culture that imposes its will using fear, threats and sometimes acts of violence. As well as governments and societies that have been slow to comprehend the danger of incorporating a large group of people that have no interest in assimilating.

That said, swans are also capable of acts of violence as anyone who has ever encountered an angry one can attest.

wink

“Stealth infiltration of much of Europe by a defective, retrograde culture”?  Are you speaking here of popular American culture.  If so, I would add demonic to that list of adjectives.

Anyway, Islam and English culture go great together.  See here if you don’t believe me:

http://www.britishmuslimsong.co.uk/ smile

Posted: 09 September 2008 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  951
Joined  2007-06-23
Jack Shooter - 09 September 2008 11:58 AM

Are you speaking here of popular American culture.  If so, I would add demonic to that list of adjectives.

The other night I sat through the movie “The 40 Year Old Virgin” in order to humor a friend.

Almost enough to make me wonder, Jack, whether you and I have found a point of agreement.

P.S. Thx. for the link, interesting stuff.

[ Edited: 09 September 2008 04:10 PM by mpbrockman]
 Signature 

He who is not a misanthrope at forty can never have loved mankind  -Chamfort

Posted: 09 September 2008 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

“Stealth infiltration of much of Europe by a defective, retrograde culture”?  Are you speaking here of popular American culture.  If so, I would add demonic to that list of adjectives.

Damn good point! The US has been trying real hard to emulate sharia states for the last two presidential terms, and now the reaction to Palin gives me a bit of pause as to how close we really could be (yeah, not very, but still at least potentially headed that way at an uncomfortable rate). But I think that’s just the same noisy crowd that creates such a din of weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth at the revocation of any of the many indulgences they’ve become so accustomed to, as the Constitution is increasingly respected in practice rather than merely misused as a symbol—a label juxtaposed with precisely what it was designed to prevent. But in any case, there’s a lot of the very same Crazy in Muslim fanatics and their Christian counterparts. Very true.

Anyway, Islam and English culture go great together.  See here if you don’t believe me:

I sincerely hope Muslim reformers manage to succeed in converting Islam into a religion that accommodates and even encourages its practitioners being good neighbors and good, psychologically and emotionally healthy human beings (though I’d be happy just with the good neighbors part).

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 12 September 2008 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2004-12-21
SkepticX - 09 September 2008 09:25 PM

Damn good point! The US has been trying real hard to emulate sharia states for the last two presidential terms, and now the reaction to Palin gives me a bit of pause as to how close we really could be (yeah, not very, but still at least potentially headed that way at an uncomfortable rate). But I think that’s just the same noisy crowd that creates such a din of weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth at the revocation of any of the many indulgences they’ve become so accustomed to, as the Constitution is increasingly respected in practice rather than merely misused as a symbol—a label juxtaposed with precisely what it was designed to prevent. But in any case, there’s a lot of the very same Crazy in Muslim fanatics and their Christian counterparts. Very true.

I sincerely hope Muslim reformers manage to succeed in converting Islam into a religion that accommodates and even encourages its practitioners being good neighbors and good, psychologically and emotionally healthy human beings (though I’d be happy just with the good neighbors part).

Byron

Hopes and wishes would not seem to be enough to precipitate any changes in medieval thinking. The user’s manual contradicts the changes you suggest. Laws and punishment must abide.

Stay well
Wotansson

Posted: 17 September 2008 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  497
Joined  2006-06-15

Islam and English culture go great together.  See here if you don’t believe me:

I have checked the site and it is total bollocks. Any equivalence between British traditional and Anatolian melody is so vague as to be meaningless. For a start the pitch systems are quite different. British folk music cannot be rendered in ushak maqqam (the main Anatolian mode) and the Turks have no western major or minor mode. The melodic architecture, phrasing and ornamentation of middle Eastern music are entirely different from those of British folk music.

This blatant attempt to fuse Islamic and western traditional music for political purposes does not even have the virtue of subtlety.

Signature 

Affiliation creates division. Friendship is better than membership.

Posted: 20 September 2008 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23
SkepticX - 09 September 2008 09:25 PM

Byron

FYI, on the subject of neighbors, check this website out:

http://www.acommonword.com

On a side note, I believe Islam is a religion that accomodates the “other,” more than any other religion or current way of life ever has.  I believe it’s an illusion to think that we in the West actually tolerate real diversity, when everyone in essence is made or expected to be the same - for the most part, thoughtless consumers.  In general, I believe we pay lipservice to real difference.  Western societies are still very racist, and sexist.  The prisons are still filled with blacks, hispanics, and other minorities, and most women in positions of power go around dressed like men, whereas the opposite is never true.  Today we ‘otherize’ Muslims, while only yesterday it was the Jews, or Communists.  There are probably many other examples of oppression and inequality we could all think of.  Yet we choose to believe the Western way of life is superior, naturally, because it is the major super power.  However, Western hegemony is full of deceptions that people need to buy into in order for Western hegemony to perpetuate.

Now clearly, the ‘West is the best’ in many things, but we need to be honest about our own issues before we criticize others.  In the end, the challenge to be good neighbors is one we all must live up to, not Muslims alone.

[ Edited: 20 September 2008 09:36 PM by Jack Shooter]

Posted: 20 September 2008 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-23
mesomorph - 17 September 2008 09:26 PM

Islam and English culture go great together.  See here if you don’t believe me:

I have checked the site and it is total bollocks. Any equivalence between British traditional and Anatolian melody is so vague as to be meaningless. For a start the pitch systems are quite different. British folk music cannot be rendered in ushak maqqam (the main Anatolian mode) and the Turks have no western major or minor mode. The melodic architecture, phrasing and ornamentation of middle Eastern music are entirely different from those of British folk music.

This blatant attempt to fuse Islamic and western traditional music for political purposes does not even have the virtue of subtlety.

I believe that the trade of critic, in literature, music, and the drama, is the most degraded of all trades, and that it has no real value—certainly no large value…However, let it go. It is the will of God that we must have critics, and missionaries, and congressmen, and humorists, and we must bear the burden.

Mark Twain’s Autobiography

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed