1 of 2
See through Sarah Saran Wrap “Evita” Cheney in lipstick Palin
Posted: 28 September 2008 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  949
Joined  2007-10-08

From the Huffington Post, by Naomi Wolf:

Please understand what you are looking at when you look at Sarah “Evita” Palin. You are looking at the designated muse of the coming American police state.

You have to understand how things work in a closing society in order to understand “Palin Power.” A gang or cabal seizes power, usually with an affable, weak figurehead at the fore. Then they will hold elections—but they will make sure that the election will be corrupted and that the next affable, weak figurehead is entirely in their control. Remember, Russia has Presidents; Russia holds elections. Dictators and gangs of thugs all over the world hold elections. It means nothing. When a cabal has seized power you can have elections and even presidents, but you don’t have freedom.

I realized early on with horror what I was seeing in Governor Palin: the continuation of the Rove-Cheney cabal, but this time without restraints. I heard her echo Bush 2000 soundbites (“the heart of America is on display”) and realized Bush’s speechwriters were writing her—not McCain’s—speeches. I heard her tell George Bush’s lies—not McCain’s—to the American people, linking 9/11 to Iraq. I heard her make fun of Barack Obama for wanting to prevent the torture of prisoners—this is Rove-Cheney’s enthusiastic S and M, not McCain’s, who, though he shamefully colluded in the 2006 Military Tribunals Act, is also a former prisoner of war and wrote an eloquent Newsweek piece in 2005 opposing torture. I saw that she was even styled by the same skillful stylist (neutral lipstick, matte makeup, dark colors) who turned Katharine Harris from a mall rat into a stateswoman and who styles all the women in the Bush orbit—but who does not bother to style Cindy McCain.

Then I saw and heard more. Palin is embracing lawlessness in defying Alaskan Legislature subpoenas—this is what Rove-Cheney, and not McCain, believe in doing. She uses mafia tactics against critics, like the police commissioner who was railroaded for opposing handguns in Alaskan battered women’s shelters—Rove’s style, not McCain’s. I realized what I was seeing.

Reports confirmed my suspicions: Palin, not McCain, is the FrankenBarbie of the Rove-Cheney cabal. The strategy became clear. Time magazine reported that Rove is “dialed in” to the McCain campaign. Rove’s protégé Steve Schmidt is now campaign manager. And Politico reported that Rove was heavily involved in McCain’s vice presidential selection. Finally a new report shows that there are dozens of Bush and Rove operatives surrounding Sarah Palin and orchestrating her every move.

What’s the plan? It is this. McCain doesn’t matter. Reputable dermatologists are discussing the fact that in simply actuarial terms, John McCain has a virulent and life-threatening form of skin cancer. It is the elephant in the room, but we must discuss the health of the candidates: doctors put survival rates for someone his age at two to four years. I believe the Rove-Cheney cabal is using Sarah Palin as a stalking horse, an Evita figure, to put a popular, populist face on the coming police state and be the talk show hostess for the end of elections as we know them. If McCain-Palin get in, this will be the last true American election. She will be working for Halliburton, KBR, Rove and Cheney into the foreseeable future—for a decade perhaps—a puppet “president” for the same people who have plundered our treasure, are now holding the US economy hostage and who murdered four thousand brave young men and women in a way of choice and lies.

How, you may ask, can I assert this? How can I argue, as I now do, that there is actually a war being ramped up against US citizens and our democracy and that Sarah Palin is the figurehead and muse for that war?

Look at the RNC. This is supposed to be McCain’s America. But you see the unmistakable theatre of Rove’s S and M imagery—and you see stages eight, nine and ten of the steps to a dictatorship as I outlined them in The End of America. Preemptive arrest? Abusive arrest? “Newly released footage, which was buried to avoid confiscation, shows riot cops arresting and abusing a giant group of people for nothing.”

Journalists were arrested—for reporting. Amy Goodman and ABC producers were arrested. Jane Hamsher of Firedoglake and others were forced to lie face down as armed agents tied their hands behind their backs. The riot police wore the black S&M;gear of the Rovian fantasy life and carried the four foot batons cops carry in North Korea. All this is not John McCain’s imagery or strategy: it is Karl Rove’s.

In McCain-Palin’s America, citizens who are protesting are being charged as terrorists. This means that a violent war had been declared on American citizens. A well known reporter leaked to me on background that St Paul police had dressed as protesters and, dressed in Black—shades of the Blackshirts of 1920—infiltrated protest groups. There were also phalanxes of men in black wearing balaclavas, linking arms and behaving menacingly—alleged “anarchists.” Let me tell you, I have been on the left for thirty years and you can’t get three lefties to wear the same t-shirt to a rally, let alone link arms and wear identical face masks: these are not our guys. Agent Provocateurs framing protesters and calling protest “terrorism” constitutes step ten of a police state:

“In what appears to be the first use of criminal charges under the 2002 Minnesota version of the Federal Patriot Act, Ramsey County Prosecutors have formally charged 8 alleged leaders of the RNC Welcoming Committee with Conspiracy to Riot in Furtherance of Terrorism… [they] 7 1/2 years in prison under the terrorism enhancement charge which allows for a 50% increase in the maximum penalty.”

“Paid, confidential informants… infiltrated the RNCWC on behalf of law enforcement. They allege that members of the group sought to kidnap delegates to the RNC, assault police officers with firebombs and explosives, and sabotage airports in St. Paul. Evidence released to date does not corroborate these allegations with physical evidence or provide any other evidence for these allegations than the claims of the informants. Based on past abuses of such informants by law enforcement, the National Lawyers Guild is concerned that such police informants have incentives to lie and exaggerate threats of violence and to also act as provocateurs in raising and urging support for acts of violence.”

Under the Palin-Rove police state, you will see escalating infringements on your access to a free internet:

“Sarah Palin was baptized at Wasilla Assembly of God…Last Sunday our research team released a video, a ten-minute mini-documentary, focusing on the Wasilla Assemblies of God and the video seemed on the verge of a massive “viral” breakthrough when YouTube pulled it down, citing ‘inappropriate content’. At the point the video was censored by YouTube it had been viewed by almost 160,000 people. The short of it is that YouTube has censored a video documentary that appeared to be close to having an effect on a hard fought and contentious American presidential election…”

Under the coming Palin-Rove police state, you will witness the plans now underway to bring Iraqi troops to patrol the streets of our nation. This is not McCain’s fantasy: it is Rove’s and Cheney’s.

Under the Palin-Rove police state, there will be no further true elections. Mark Crispin Miller has done sensational and under-reported investigating t o establish that—as I warned—indeed the GOP staffers on the US Senate Judiciary Committee have been .

The evidence is also buried on the Website of the Majority House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

WASHINGTON—Republican staff members of the US Senate Judiciary Commitee infiltrated opposition computer files for a year, monitoring secret strategy memos and periodically passing on copies to the media, Senate officials told The Globe. >From the spring of 2002 until at least April 2003, members of the GOP committee staff exploited a computer glitch that allowed them to access restricted Democratic communications witho ut a password. Trolling through hundreds of memos, they were able to read talking points and accounts of private meetings discussing which judicial nominees Democrats would fight—and with what tactics.

—“Senate panel’s GOP staff spied on Democrats” By Charlie Savage, Globe Staff | January 22, 2004

Do you think that spying like this will ever end under a Palin-Rove regime? Dream on. If she and McCain are elected, then every single strategy memo and speech and debate prep note from every opposition candidate from now and on into forever will be read by the regime in power while it is still in the computers of the challengers.

Under the Palin-Rove police state, citizens will be targeted with state cyberterrorism. Bruce Fein of the American Freedom Agenda, a former Reagan official, warned me three years ago that the Bush team went after a Republican who had crossed them through cyberstalking: they messed with his email, messed with his phones and I believe messed with his bank account—he became a cyber-pariah, unemployable and haunted. With modern technology, there really is less place to hide from the state than there was in East Germany in the Cold War era. I remember feeling a chill: of course. That is the wave of the future once we breach the protections around citizens of FISA and the fourth amendment. That way lies the abyss for us all.

Am I trying to scare you? I am. I am trying to scare you to death and ask you to scare your Republican and independent friends most of all. How do you know when it is war on citizens? When there are mass arrests, journalists are jailed, the opposition is infiltrated, rights are stripped and leaders start to ignore the rule of law.

Almost everyone I work with on projects related to this campaign for liberty has been experiencing computer harassment: emails are stripped, messages disappear. That’s not all: people’s bank accounts are being tampered with: wire transfers to banks vanish in midair. I personally keep opening bank accounts that are quickly corrupted by fraud. Money vanishes. Coworkers of mine have to keep opening new email accounts as old ones become infected. And most disturbingly to me personally is the mail tampering I have both heard of and experienced firsthand. My tax returns vanished from my mailbox. All my larger envelopes arrive ripped straight open apparently by hand. When I show the postman, he says “That’s impossible.” Horrifyingly to me is the impact on my family. My childrens’ report cards are returned again and again though perfectly addressed; their invitations are turned back; and my daughters many letters from camp? Vanished. All of them. Not one arrived. Try explaining that to a smart thirteen year old. Try explaining it in a way that still makes her feel secure and comfortable.

I am not telling you this because it’s about my life. I am telling you this because it is about your life—whoever you are, Conservative or Liberal, independent or evangelical. Your politics will not protect you in a police state. History shows that nothing portects you in a police state. This is not about my fear and anxiety: it is about what awaits you and everyone you love unless you see this for what it is:

Scharansky divided nations into “fear societies” and “free societies.” Make no mistake: Sarah “Evita” Palin is Rove and Cheney’s cosmetic rebranding of their fascist push: she will help to establish a true and irreversible “fear society” in this once free once proud nation. For God’s sake, do not let her; do not let them.

Signature 

“Proving the efficacy of a methodology without defining the word ‘efficacy’ can come back to bite you in the assertion.”—Salt Creek

Posted: 28 September 2008 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-08

So what do you think? Is she being unnecessarily alarmist or is this another genuine “WAKE UP and smell the animal farm the fahrenheit is cranked up” before it’s too late…
... is it already too late?

Signature 

“Proving the efficacy of a methodology without defining the word ‘efficacy’ can come back to bite you in the assertion.”—Salt Creek

Posted: 28 September 2008 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1763
Joined  2006-08-20
isocratic infidel - 28 September 2008 03:31 PM

So what do you think? Is she being unnecessarily alarmist or is this another genuine “WAKE UP and smell the animal farm the fahrenheit is cranked up” before it’s too late…

Ok, Isocrat….I’m scared. I can’t say that I’m being harassed like but she is Naomi Wolf and I am but single cell.

Nonetheless, the Caribou Barbie never ceases to amaze. Imagine if Michelle Obama had been blessed by a Kenyan christian witch hunter and and blessed and told that she would be the future 1st lady!

Fortunately, it would appear that Sarah is even stupider than George. The stupider they are, the harder they are to program.

Signature 

The ants are my friends, they’re blowing in the wind, the ants are blowing in the wind.

Dog is my co-pilot

Posted: 28 September 2008 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  951
Joined  2007-06-23
isocratic infidel - 28 September 2008 03:31 PM

I fear it is. Even an Obama presidency won’t undo the massive consolidation of power into an executive branch rife with privilege and secrecy. It might slow things down a bit, but the Constitution was designed to prevent unilateral authority and action, and we’ve pretty much kissed that goodbye. Because…

Scharansky divided nations into “fear societies” and “free societies.

We’ve, in a short time, gone from “nothing to fear but fear itself” to fear of f***ing everything. Terrorists, child molesters, avian flu, illegal immigrants, financial crises, black holes from the LHC eating the Earth et al. This is why I can rarely watch the TV news anymore. It can make me seriously deranged.

There was an interview with a woman in New York recently. Her child had been injured by a defect in the manufacturing of a child seat. Her first comment was “the government should do something” and when asked if any level of risk was acceptable she self-righteously declaimed “Not when it comes to our children!” Apparently the idea that life has inherent risks is unacceptable to some.

We are a “fear society” and actually want Big Brother to look after us. I am viscerally revolted.

[quote author=“eucaryote”]Fortunately, it would appear that Sarah is even stupider than George. The stupider they are, the harder they are to program.

Really, how do you figure? I would think the less a person has in the way of tools for independent intellectual insight, the easier to get ‘em to buy into the program.

P.S. Iso, loving “FrankenBarbie”. Can we get that into general circulation?

Signature 

He who is not a misanthrope at forty can never have loved mankind  -Chamfort

Posted: 28 September 2008 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-08

mp: “P.S. Iso, loving “FrankenBarbie”. Can we get that into general circulation?”

I’m on it like stink on monkey.

And I too am viscerally revolted by ONStar, random Check point Checkees, traffic cameras, warrant-less wire-tapping etc.

I fear the fear mongers are going to succeed again in their mongering…

I’m hoping the comedy sketches that Mad TV and SNL have been doing will wake up the trembling masses before they vote us into another chapter of the nightmare.

“Even an Obama presidency won’t undo the massive consolidation of power into an executive branch rife with privilege and secrecy.”

Ya think mp? Obama has a plan for transparency in government… or do you think having “power” would change him?

If only I had access to a doll maker, I’d make Caribou FrankenBarbie. She’d come with a tiny moose burger in one hand, lipstick in the other, a rifle strapped around her, a giant cross around her neck, a six pack of keystone beer, and a miniature moose head to mount in the Caribou FrankenBarbie lodge.

[ Edited: 28 September 2008 11:12 PM by isocratic infidel]
 Signature 

Posted: 29 September 2008 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  951
Joined  2007-06-23
isocratic infidel - 29 September 2008 03:08 AM

If only I had access to a doll maker, I’d make Caribou FrankenBarbie. She’d come with a tiny moose burger in one hand, lipstick in the other, a rifle strapped around her, a giant cross around her neck, a six pack of keystone beer, and a miniature moose head to mount in the Caribou FrankenBarbie lodge.

Check your PM’s. I think “Caribou FrankenBarbie” might need to meet the ‘casters.

Signature 

He who is not a misanthrope at forty can never have loved mankind  -Chamfort

Posted: 29 September 2008 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-20
mpbrockman - 28 September 2008 09:18 PM

[quote author=“eucaryote”]
Fortunately, it would appear that Sarah is even stupider than George. The stupider they are, the harder they are to program.

Really, how do you figure? I would think the less a person has in the way of tools for independent intellectual insight, the easier to get ‘em to buy into the program.

Well, for programmable things, buying into the program is not a problem. It’s just that the stupider they are the less the come equipped with any of the basic programming so every detail has to be directed or they go off course, bump into walls and shit. It’s like working n machine code rather than some higher language. We see this very clearly with Caribou Barbie. When Couric asked her certain questions, she went into weird recursive redundancies..any data she could find that seemed to relate just dropped out of her mouth at random.

The only pre programming that she seems equipped with is her basic fundamentalist, right wing, christian, rapture ready nonsense. You can see her try to apply what she knows to what she’s being asked, problem is, she doesn’t know anything.

I bet Cheney and Rove have been up late nights, writing and testing code.

Signature 

The ants are my friends, they’re blowing in the wind, the ants are blowing in the wind.

Dog is my co-pilot

Posted: 30 September 2008 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-08

This is hilarious. The pompous self-righteousness of the female fox newscaster is appallingly funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHJcPEmhtbA&feature=related

Too bad the guy started to look like a chastised little boy near the end.

Signature 

Posted: 30 September 2008 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-20
isocratic infidel - 30 September 2008 05:06 PM

This is hilarious. The pompous self-righteousness of the female fox newscaster is appallingly funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHJcPEmhtbA&feature=related

Too bad the guy started to look like a chastised little boy near the end.

Yeah he did kinda, Canadians are too polite to deal with Fox witches. The article on Palin was right on of course.

Signature 

Dog is my co-pilot

Posted: 01 October 2008 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  950
Joined  2006-06-26
Jefe - 01 October 2008 11:07 AM

I’d also like to apologize unabashedly and unreservedly for any hurt, ill feelings, or reduction of self-esteem that the Canadian unbearable politeness of being may cause for any viewer of these forums.  wink

Better tell the press to cool it. On the outside chance that McSame/Palin would get elected, they might decide that disparaging comments like that about the VP would warrant putting Canada on the list of countries that support terrorism and who would know where that could lead.  wink

Signature 

“We have it recorded in a book called the Bible.”

To be blunt, the Bible records all manner of silly shit.

Posted: 03 October 2008 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-08

The Palin FrankinBarbie: accessories include: moose burger, rifle, bible and flagpin. Mounted miniature moose head sold separately!

Never mind… can’t shrink the freakin’ photo of my drawing.

Anyone else notice Palin was a dodge ball wearing glasses tooting her own horn at every opportunity?

[ Edited: 03 October 2008 04:07 PM by isocratic infidel]
 Signature 

Posted: 03 October 2008 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

I’d like to get back to the OP for a moment. I read Naomi Wolfe’s book “End of America” and let me tell you, we need to pay attention! We are in this country where nazi Germany was in 1932. They had just elected Chancellor Adolf Hitler and passed legislation that gave unbridled executive powers to him. Here, we have The Military Commissions Act and The Patriot Act. Germany was suffering a tanking economy. So are we. They had the Jews to kick around. We have Muslims, gays, and secularists. Just listen to the rhetoric coming out of the mouths of politicians and right wing talk show hosts.

I wrote a summary of Wolfe’s book here under my other username RitaAnn. I also wrote notes on the video chris in sacto posted. See for yourself. If McSame/Palin wins this thing, we are so screwed!

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 04 October 2008 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-08

Hey rab, my server (Safari) cannot connect to the link… can you cut and paste it? I’d really like to see your review.
Have yo seen this brilliant piece by Ms. Morgan? She’s spot on target-o-rino.
http://www.womensmediacenter.com/ex/100108.html

Signature 

Posted: 04 October 2008 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-26

The site was down earlier but is back up if you want to try again. Anyway, here’s my posting:

I just started reading the book today. In the introduction, she says that what is different now than it has been in the past is that the pendulum always swung back the other way. The disruption of civil liberties always followed some major event or war. During the civil war, Lincoln suspended habeas corpus, but it was restored after the war. World wars I and II saw the same thing. Japanese were let out of detention camps and people arrested for sedition were pardoned. Even crazy Joseph McCarthy was shunned by his fellow congressmen after the Korean war.

The Vietnam era ended with Nixon’s resignation. So what’s different about today? Well, we are not fighting a war that’s expected to end. That is certainly true if we end up with someone like Romney or Giuliani at the helm in 09. We are now engaged in a war on “terror.” As Wolf put it, “the pendulum cannot work now as it has before.”

As long as the crazy neo-cons maintain control and the cowardly democrats keep giving them what they want, we will continue on a downward slope into fascism.

Part 2

I’m half way through the book and let me tell you—-the parallels between the old fascists regimes from Europe and South America to what’s happening here is disturbing!

Did you know that most of these former regimes got their start through legal means? Certain economic and social structures had to be in place to cause a rise in public outcries for change. Something came in to fill the void that had all the earmarks of maintaining order, which included finding a common enemy. In Hitler’s Germany, the Nazi party rose to power through using the parliamentary power to ultimately destroy it. Hitler’s contemporaries believed they could keep him from getting too much power and let him become their chancellor. His last major bit of legislation was the Enabling Act, which switched parliamentary power over to the “executive” branch. He got it too because of the rhetoric coming out of the capital that there were communists out there performing acts of terrorism and patriotic fervor was at an all time high. In our country, we have the Military Commissions Act. I’m sure our representatives think they can keep Bush from getting too much power too. rolleyes.gif

Another disturbing trend is that this type of fascism occurs bit by bit. And we don’t notice it as a whole because life seems to carry on for most of us the usual way; we watch tv, go to movies, go online, play video games, go to parties and family functions. That’s what life is about. The only thing is, we don’t realize we are no longer totally free. And because we are busy with our lives, we let our representatives make those big decisions about our democracy. We feel safe and secure and many are willing to allow fascism because it wont’ affect them. Riiiight!

We are also in the throes of what Wolfe calls “Security Industrial Complex.“Security contractors are joined at the hip with Homeland Security. “Peace is bad for business.” We need to keep inventing enemies to keep the industries growing. If they ever run out of foreign enemies, well, look in the mirror. Smile, you’re on candid camera!

Now I’m into the chapter on secret prisons. According to Wolfe, this is the clincher. Having prisons to send seditionists and “enemy combatants” squelches descent. Afterall, no one wants to be sent to a place to be tortured and maybe killed. And there ain’t a damned thing anyone can do about it because its been made legal. Want to keep judges and lawyers from looking at the evidence of an alleged crime? Claim “national security.”

How about this. Why do you suppose we have secret torture prisons and continue to torture prisoners even though we get false confessions?

The reason, according to Wolfe, is that it continues to give the government a reason to engage in endless war. Remove the elements of “intelligence” gathered from these “confessions” and the detention camps, then what possible need would we have to engage in wars?

Signature 

Posted: 04 October 2008 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-26

Part 3

Another disturbing trend that’s happening is the movement to curb the free flow of information and ideas on college campuses. Wolfe talks about David Horowitz and his organization that works to try, through legal means, to spread “balance” in the way professors teach. If a professor appears too liberal, they are targeted by groups such as college republicans and right wing pundits and threatened with their jobs. The same treatment is applied to civil servants who blow the whistle on such things as leaking information about secret torture prisons or methods. They don’t get rewarded, they get fired. Artists and other entertainers are targeted for opinions. Many feared being “Dixie Chicked.”

Another means of squashing descent is to restrict the press and intimidate journalists. It appears that many journalists covering the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were shot at and sometimes killed. The U.S. excuse was self-defense but other eye-witnesses report the attacks were deliberate. Like educators, journalists are threatened and sometimes fired for reporting things critical of the administration. A right wing political hack of the Bush administration was appointed to chair the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. The purpose was to keep tabs on “liberal bias.” Fortunately, reporters were wise to this tactic and the chair was forced to resign.

Wolfe goes on to talk about the comparisons to how the press conducts business and the harassing of journalists, both at home and abroad, to the fascist regimes of yesteryear. One example she uses when talking about propaganda is the comparison to scenes in the film “Triumph of the Will” to Bush’s “Mission Accomplished” stage act. In both cases, the leaders are greeted by members of the military when deporting a plane and are wearing either a military style uniform or pilot gear. Huge banners can be seen that talk about their “missions.”

Truth and facts are distorted for propaganda that spreads the ideology of the minority who vie for power. It is up to us ordinary citizens to get the facts out and use the tools necessary (such as the internet) to do this. Bloggers not only should give opinion, but back them up with facts.

more to come…

In chapter 10, she talks about our country’s history of suppressing descent and freedom of speech through acts such as the Espionage Act of 1917 and the Sedition Act of 1918. It was during WWI and Woodrow Wilson, probably our most secretive president until Nixon, drafted these peices of shit legislation to squash “anti-war propaganda.” Citizens were arrested, journalists and laborers alike, for so much as writing editorials and letters to the newspaper and writing letters to relatives about the war. People got sentences to up to 10 years. People always watched what they said, especially in roles such as teachers and reporters.

Today, legislators are trying to broaden the definition of treason to included activists. People like Ann Coulter, author of Slander and Treason, who demand a return to these acts. Some, like Melanie Morgan, go so far as to demand execution for reporters who dare tell the truth about the illegal and unethical practices of the administration.

Part 4

Finally, in 2007, Congress passed the Defense Authorization Bill. It guts Posse Comitatus by giving the federal government the power to control states National Guard units. So now the federal government, i.e., “The Decider” can call out the militias and declare Marshall Law in case of “emergency,” “disease outbreak,” terrorism, and “other.”

The last chapter deals with what to do in order to fight for democracy and hold those who violate the constitution accountable. The most important thing is to make sure there is nothing in your background, including anything on your tax returns, that the government can use against you. If there is, fix it first, with your loved ones and friends. Hold meetings and converse with neighbors about our constitutional rights and “overwhelm our representatives and presidential candidates with demands for them to restore the rule of law.” This means that all Americans, from all walks of life and political leanings, must get together to protect our constitution.

Signature 

Posted: 04 October 2008 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-08

Very well done rab. I’m hoping that some of Wolf’s fears of speech suppression and strong arm tactics such as:

“If a professor appears too liberal, they are targeted by groups such as college republicans and right wing pundits and threatened with their jobs.”

are merely hyperbole designed to keep americans actively engaged in the political process and government.
My “ivory tower” professor husband in the communications dept. teaches First Amendment Law for budding journalists and a course in american pop culture, and is fairly blatantly liberal, and has never had any reprimands or threats thus far. (He jokes that the only way to get rid of a tenured professor is to catch him selling crack while gettin’ it in the crack.)

Hey, guess what I got for my birthday today? Tickets to the NIN show at the Planet Hollywood hotel and casino’s theatre in December! Any chance you and yours could make the show? Hop onto Ticketmaster asap if there’s any chance!  grin

Signature 

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed