4 of 6
Pause a moment, reflect back.
Posted: 18 October 2008 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  254
Joined  2008-09-06

Arildno, let me be the first to congratulate you. You have created a huge, elaborate, painstakingly-built cognitive edifice here.

The fact that it is composed of steaming baboon dung doesn’t make it any less impressive in its construction.

I know a lot of women. Some are Muslims. Some are Christians. Some are Jews. Some are Hindus. Some are Buddhists. Some are Atheists. Some are Satanists. Some are Wiccans. Some don’t have any beliefs worth wasting a capital letter on. Strength of character, subservience, delusion and common sense can be found in all of them. A Somali Muslim is a lot different than an American Christian woman. But she’s got lots more in common with a Somali Christian than the American does.

Likewise, an educated professional Turkish Muslim woman might wear hijab. But she’s not going to take the kind of crap from her husband that I’ve seen any number of non-believing women here in the States accept from their “but I LOVE him” men.

And even the most traditional niqabi Saudi girls wouldn’t dream of calling all other women “whores” just because they were born and raised somewhere else.

I’m perfectly willing to take it personally. My wife is a convert to Islam. She wears a head scarf. She prays towards Mecca. Before she switched to statistical research she was a hell of a biologist. She’s smarter than me. I’m sure she’s smarter, harder headed and more firmly rooted in reality than you are. If you’d care to explain to her why she isn’t mentally competent to make her own decisions you are welcome to. I’d love to see it, because it’s been a while since she’s eviscerated someone out his own ass. Your choice whether the disembowling is intellectual or physical. You wouldn’t stand a chance against her either way.

Posted: 18 October 2008 11:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2006-12-26
telner - 19 October 2008 12:13 AM

Arildno, let me be the first to congratulate you. You have created a huge, elaborate, painstakingly-built cognitive edifice here.

The fact that it is composed of steaming baboon dung doesn’t make it any less impressive in its construction.

I know a lot of women. Some are Muslims. Some are Christians. Some are Jews. Some are Hindus. Some are Buddhists. Some are Atheists. Some are Satanists. Some are Wiccans. Some don’t have any beliefs worth wasting a capital letter on. Strength of character, subservience, delusion and common sense can be found in all of them. A Somali Muslim is a lot different than an American Christian woman. But she’s got lots more in common with a Somali Christian than the American does.

Likewise, an educated professional Turkish Muslim woman might wear hijab. But she’s not going to take the kind of crap from her husband that I’ve seen any number of non-believing women here in the States accept from their “but I LOVE him” men.

And even the most traditional niqabi Saudi girls wouldn’t dream of calling all other women “whores” just because they were born and raised somewhere else.

I’m perfectly willing to take it personally. My wife is a convert to Islam. She wears a head scarf. She prays towards Mecca. Before she switched to statistical research she was a hell of a biologist. She’s smarter than me. I’m sure she’s smarter, harder headed and more firmly rooted in reality than you are. If you’d care to explain to her why she isn’t mentally competent to make her own decisions you are welcome to. I’d love to see it, because it’s been a while since she’s eviscerated someone out his own ass. Your choice whether the disembowling is intellectual or physical. You wouldn’t stand a chance against her either way.

Your wife is a disgusting childfucker worshipper and mass murderer celebrator.
That defines her moral worth, and she is most certainly not a morally competent individual.

(Nor is she an intellectually competent individual, either, since she actually believes in the Islamic nonsense in the first place)

[ Edited: 19 October 2008 12:05 AM by arildno]

Posted: 20 October 2008 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2007-10-24
arildno - 19 October 2008 03:19 AM

That defines her moral worth, and she is most certainly not a morally competent individual.

(Nor is she an intellectually competent individual, either, since she actually believes in the Islamic nonsense in the first place)

Damn, arildno, that’s pretty viscious and way too personal IMO.

I stand corrected on the state of mind and attitudes of many Islamic women - I’m sure that telner knows more Islamic women than I do.  But to directly condemn and malign another man’s wife based solely on her choice of beliefs is worse than someone saying atheists are all satan-worshipping, immoral, untrustworthy, anti-(insert country), bitter people.

Signature 

Modern science has been a voyage into the unknown, with a lesson in humility waiting at every stop. Many passengers would rather have stayed home.
          —Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot

Posted: 20 October 2008 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2006-04-05

This is absolutely vile.  This level of vicious hate being leveled at an individual who has done nothing to you is simply not normal or healthy.  You are a hateful person and a bigot.  Go fuck yourself.

Signature 

“It isn’t paranoia- it’s a heightened awareness of reality.” —our resident conspiracy theorist takes a stand!

Posted: 20 October 2008 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-26

Actually, Jeanie, it is not.
1. Mohammad WAS a childfucker (his sexual games with the 8-9 year old Aisha is a recurring theme in the hadith collections)
2. He WAS a mass murderer (he ordered the massacre of the Banu Qurayza tribe, along with encouraging, and approving, the assassinations of poets poking fun at him and his religion)
3. One of the main pillars of ACTUAL Islam is the idolization and reverence of Mohammad as the ideal, perfect man, whose life had no blemish, and whose life Muslims should strive to emulate.

Thus, a minimally knowledgeable Muslim (and a woman with strong academic leanings can safely be assumed to be so!) IS a childfucker worshipper and mass murderer celebrator.
And that in itself makes him or her disgusting, because it is incompatible with morality to revere childfuckers and mass murderers.

The woman in question is also a CONVERT, meaning she actually chose this of herself, rather than being acculturalized and pummeled into this death cult by her family and society, so she doesn’t have that excuse, either.

I ask you, Jeanie:
What would the millions now revering (justly, IMO) Nelson Mandela if it came to light that he enjoyed raping small boys?
Would they continue to revere him?
Or would they turn away from him in disgust?

And which of those two alternatives is the more morally proper one?

[ Edited: 20 October 2008 12:22 PM by arildno]

Posted: 20 October 2008 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-26
bigredfutbol - 20 October 2008 03:12 PM

This is absolutely vile.

Actually, no.
Childfucking and mass murder, however, is.

This level of vicious hate being leveled at an individual who has done nothing to you is simply not normal or healthy.

Actually, revering childfuckers and mass murderers is neither normal nor healthy.

You are a hateful person and a bigot.

Actually, that describes the Prophet of Islam and his followers better than it describes me.

Posted: 20 October 2008 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-26

But to directly condemn and malign another man’s wife based solely on her choice of beliefs is worse than someone saying atheists are all satan-worshipping, immoral, untrustworthy, anti-(insert country), bitter people

Not at all. It depends on the moral value of those beliefs!

For example, we are fully justified as condemning as a vile person a racist who thinks Jews are a parasitic race which ought to be removed from the Earth, even though we know nothing else about that person.

Posted: 20 October 2008 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2006-04-05
arildno - 20 October 2008 05:20 PM

For example, we are fully justified as condemning as a vile person a racist who thinks Jews are a parasitic race which ought to be removed from the Earth, even though we know nothing else about that person.

And yet, all you know about her is that she is a self-described Muslim.  You don’t know what her understanding of her religion is, what teachings she subscribes to, what her understanding of Muhammad’s true nature was, how she interprets the beliefs she does subscribe to, or how her behavior towards others is influenced by her belief system.

You don’t know any of that, yet you throw deliberately vicious slanders at her.  And you seem to take savage glee in your wholesale dismissal of the moral worth of some 600 million women worldwide.

We know how you think, and I for one know enough about you to dismiss you as a vile waste of protoplasm.  Fuck off, loser.

Signature 

“It isn’t paranoia- it’s a heightened awareness of reality.” —our resident conspiracy theorist takes a stand!

Posted: 20 October 2008 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2007-10-24
arildno - 20 October 2008 03:13 PM

Actually, Jeanie, it is not.
1. Mohammad WAS a childfucker (his sexual games with the 8-9 year old Aisha is a recurring theme in the hadith collections)
2. He WAS a mass murderer (he ordered the massacre of the Banu Qurayza tribe, along with encouraging, and approving, the assassinations of poets poking fun at him and his religion)
3. One of the main pillars of ACTUAL Islam is the idolization and reverence of Mohammad as the ideal, perfect man, whose life had no blemish, and whose life Muslims should strive to emulate.

Thus, a minimally knowledgeable Muslim (and a woman with strong academic leanings can safely be assumed to be so!) IS a childfucker worshipper and mass murderer celebrator.
And that in itself makes him or her disgusting, because it is incompatible with morality to revere childfuckers and mass murderers.

The woman in question is also a CONVERT, meaning she actually chose this of herself, rather than being acculturalized and pummeled into this death cult by her family and society, so she doesn’t have that excuse, either.

I ask you, Jeanie:
What would the millions now revering (justly, IMO) Nelson Mandela if it came to light that he enjoyed raping small boys?
Would they continue to revere him?
Or would they turn away from him in disgust?

And which of those two alternatives is the more morally proper one?

I never mentionned Muhammad, and it’s my understanding that Muslims worship Allah, not “his prophet.”  You clearly don’t understand or choose to ignore what I wrote - I wasn’t directly addressing Islam, I was calling you out on being hateful towards a member of this forum.

Your question about Mandela is obvious - pedophilia is one of the worst crimes I can imagine (if not the worst).  I don’t know how people would react to such a finding, but then he doesn’t have a religion to uphold.  People lose respect or despise Mandela and what?  People change their political and ethical ideology?  Whereas if Muhammad (or a priest) is found to be a pedophile, people can either find a way to blind themselves to the truth and keep pretending their faith is the True Way, or begin to lose their faith because a key representative of that faith failed.  The ramifications are stronger.

Signature 

Modern science has been a voyage into the unknown, with a lesson in humility waiting at every stop. Many passengers would rather have stayed home.
          —Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot

Posted: 23 October 2008 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10

I’m perfectly willing to take it personally. My wife is a convert to Islam. She wears a head scarf. She prays towards Mecca. Before she switched to statistical research she was a hell of a biologist. She’s smarter than me.

Well, that leaves us to wonder how stupid you must be Telner.

Your better half seems to accept the following as plausible (and please feel free to correct any mistakes I may be making here): A 7th century illiterate businessman appeared in front of his fellow humans with the following message: He was visited by an angel, excuse me, an arch angel, excuse me, not any old arch angel but arch angel Gabriel, three times ( of course) .This confused primate was therefor able to tell all the other apes with fine Arabic sandals how to live their lives.

This is the core of this beautiful monotheism, isn’t it Telner?

If your wife believes this I declare her dumb as a stick and if she is smarter than you I am lost for words to describe your level of retardation.

If your wife feels the need, via proxy or in an actual debate, to discuss this matter, tell her I am here waiting.

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

Posted: 23 October 2008 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-26
bigredfutbol - 20 October 2008 06:52 PM
arildno - 20 October 2008 05:20 PM

And yet, all you know about her is that she is a self-described Muslim.  You don’t know what her understanding of her religion is, what teachings she subscribes to.

Well, I do not care what teachings she subscribes to in order to feel good about herself worshipping a childfucker and mass murderer.
Those teachings happen to be morally irrelevant, and hence not necessary to know about.

Posted: 23 October 2008 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  322
Joined  2008-04-17

Telner; what is your, and you wife’s, reaction
to this image:
(if you don’t know; it’s one of the famous
Danish Mohammad cartoons)

Signature 

Christian psychopaty:

Bruce Burleson
“.Tell me why it is wrong to rape, steal and kill….
…If I am a slaveholder in Alabama in 1860, why shouldn’t I enslave the niggers, fuck their women, and whip their children when they disobey me????
I’ll tell you why, and it is the ONLY reason why
..”

..he fears gods punishment.

Christians per definition has no moral.
They are governed by fear and fear only.

..and they don’t mind using the N-word.

Posted: 23 October 2008 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2008-04-02
telner - 18 October 2008 11:33 PM

I was born into a non-observant Jewish family and arrived at atheism…

So I’m a member of a moderately traditional Sufi order.

So, you were born Jewish and now you are Muslim?

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 23 October 2008 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  322
Joined  2008-04-17
bigredfutbol - 20 October 2008 06:52 PM

You don’t know what her understanding of her religion is, what teachings she subscribes to, what her understanding of Muhammad’s true nature was, how she interprets the beliefs she does subscribe to,

Now that’s pretty simple:

The quran:
The COW 2:85
“… Believe ye in part of the Scripture and disbelieve ye in part thereof ? And what is the reward of those who do so save ignominy in the life of the world, and on the Day of Resurrection they will be consigned to the most grievous doom. For Allah is not unaware of what ye do…”

There simply is no room for how she interprets the beliefs she does subscribe to,.

Let me throw you just a few of those ‘beliefs’:
A few quotes from the quran might open your eyes:

“..For those who disbelieve, theirs will be a boiling drink and painful doom because they disbelieved…
10:4
“..Those who disbelieve Our revelations, We shall expose them to the Fire. As often as their skins are consumed We shall exchange them for fresh skins that they may taste the torment…”
4:56
“…Slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush…”
9:5
“..Think not that the disbelievers can escape in the land. Fire will be their home - a hapless journey’s end!..”
24:57
“..We drowned those who denied Our revelations…”
10:73

All of the above is directed at the members
of this forum who happens to be atheists.
That would be the majority I’d say.
Why would we be ‘tolerant’ of those who
worships and live be these rules?
If one members wife adheres to these rules,
shouldn’t be be allowed to point fingers
and ridicule this person?
A mindset that makes you think that
every one of us should be subject to torment
and horrible death is abhorrent
and should be scorned.

[ Edited: 23 October 2008 02:43 PM by Bongobongo Smith]
 Signature 

Christian psychopaty:

Bruce Burleson
“.Tell me why it is wrong to rape, steal and kill….
…If I am a slaveholder in Alabama in 1860, why shouldn’t I enslave the niggers, fuck their women, and whip their children when they disobey me????
I’ll tell you why, and it is the ONLY reason why
..”

..he fears gods punishment.

Christians per definition has no moral.
They are governed by fear and fear only.

..and they don’t mind using the N-word.

Posted: 23 October 2008 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2927
Joined  2006-12-17
Beam_Me_Up - 23 October 2008 06:34 PM
telner - 18 October 2008 11:33 PM

I was born into a non-observant Jewish family and arrived at atheism…

So I’m a member of a moderately traditional Sufi order.

So, you were born Jewish and now you are Muslim?

What order is that?

4 of 6

‹‹ Run, Mickey, run!      The Problem of Islam ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed