‘The Blind Watchmaker’
Posted: 11 December 2008 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2492
Joined  2008-04-05

by Dawkins. Reading through this again as I await my current selected books on order.

I am amazed at this piece of work still. I have the updated 1996 version. I just find it hard to believe that any lay person with just a little curioisty would not leave this book having huge doubt about an intelligent designer. Anybody that can dismiss this work and ignore the evidence for common evolutionary descent is not even seriously considering it to begin with.

Dawkins makes it plain and as clear as can be. I only wish that every judge in America today would read it before any trial concerning creationsim in public school cirriculums.

This book is a manifesto.

Signature 

‘Every reflecting mind must acknowledge that there is no proof of the existence of a Deity’

‘If ignorance of nature gave birth to gods, knowledge of nature destroys them’

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posted: 11 December 2008 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2008-04-02

I concur. It is hard to read Dawkins (aka Darwin’s rotweiler) and still doubt evolution. The problem is that very few religious folks will ever objectively read Dawkins.

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 11 December 2008 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2492
Joined  2008-04-05

Exactly Beams.

I have practically begged creationst friends to read TBW and his simpler version ‘A River Out of Eden’ but they simply will not. It is blasphemy to them.

People are either curious or they are not. The world is sadder for it I am afraid.

Signature 

‘Every reflecting mind must acknowledge that there is no proof of the existence of a Deity’

‘If ignorance of nature gave birth to gods, knowledge of nature destroys them’

Percy Bysshe Shelley

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed