Facts, Values and a Place for the Profound:  A conversation with Sam Harris
Posted: 11 December 2008 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2008-12-09

The above video was just posted recently on Sam’s website.  I just got done watching it and I need some help.  The interviewer made the error of stating that Sam and Francis Collins debated at one time, when in fact, it was Hitchens who had debated Collins.  Sam did say that he gave Collins “a tongue lashing” in a response to something Collins had written and that Collins hadn’t responded.  Where can I read the “tongue lashing” that Sam was speaking of?

Also, CONGRATS TO SAM!! He and his wife are expecting their first child this January. smile

Signature 

Life has the meaning you give it.

Posted: 12 December 2008 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2007-12-24

I’d like to see it too.

Sam did note the fact of the debate you mentioned, that it was only in writing he had “tongue lashed the man, but had never met him.

The video was a good one, and is a good interview in that it reveals much of Sam’s thinking on a number of subjects.  Well worth the time to watch.

Signature 

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body!!  But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Glenmorangie in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  “WOO HOO what a ride!”

Posted: 12 December 2008 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2008-12-09

I found the tongue lashing.  It was Sam’s review of Francis Collins’ book.  Link is below if you are interested. 

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20060815_sam_harris_language_ignorance/

Signature 

Life has the meaning you give it.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed
newrelic.loglevel = "verbosedebug" newrelic.daemon.loglevel = "verbosedebug"