2 of 2
Proof, once and for all, that there is no god
Posted: 18 December 2008 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1221
Joined  2008-07-20

God certainly hates the SF Bay Area, with the Giants, Warriors, 49ers, Raiders and good colleges (UC and Stanford) with generally crappy teams with “promise.”

Or, maybe God feels with everything else we’ve got going on, he should give the good teams to the flyover.  Boomer Sooners, Go Tide!  We’ll be at eating and drinking at a bayside outdoor patio rueing the demise of our professional franchises.

Signature 

“I am one of the few people I know who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror.”  Sam Harris October 17, 2005

Posted: 18 December 2008 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  663
Joined  2008-05-22

Or, maybe God feels with everything else we’ve got going on, he should give the good teams to the flyover.  Boomer Sooners, Go Tide!  We’ll be at eating and drinking at a bayside outdoor patio rueing the demise of our professional franchises.

This thread I started a while back talks about this in more detail. To find out what the “flyovers” have to offer as opposed to the “blue states”, check this out:

http://www.samharris.org/forum/viewthread/11037/

I live in Oklahoma, the reddest state of them all (every single county was bright red for Mr. McCain). The sign on the border should read “Welcome to Oklahoma; I know it sucks, but hey, at least we have the Sooners!”

[ Edited: 18 December 2008 08:39 AM by Josh]

Posted: 18 December 2008 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2008-04-02
teuchter - 18 December 2008 01:15 PM

God certainly hates the SF Bay Area, with the Giants, Warriors, 49ers, Raiders and good colleges (UC and Stanford) with generally crappy teams with “promise.”

“I miss the game - I miss it a lot.” Joe Montana-winner of 4 Super Bowls.

Joe Cool jinxed Frisco when he spent his last 2 years in KC.

Josh - 18 December 2008 01:33 PM

The sign on the border should read “Welcome to Oklahoma; I know it sucks, but…”

That’s what keeps TX from falling into Mexico. When W comes back, <shudder> You’ll be able smell us from Edmond.

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 18 December 2008 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-22

Beam, it sounds like you’ve heard the age-old joke: “Why do all the trees in Texas lean to the north? Because OK sucks”. Or the alternate joke that all your trees lean to the south because OK blows.

Edmond, BTW, is the only place in the entire OKC metro area that actually showed “Religulous” in theater (Quail Springs Mall). The rest of the area either doesn’t know that such a documentary exists, or chooses to pretend that it doesn’t.

[ Edited: 18 December 2008 09:11 AM by Josh]

Posted: 18 December 2008 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-02

Proof that god hates OKC: tornados, bombs, and post offices.

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 18 December 2008 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1221
Joined  2008-07-20
Beam - 18 December 2008 01:56 PM

“I miss the game - I miss it a lot.” Joe Montana-winner of 4 Super Bowls.

Joe Cool jinxed Frisco when he spent his last 2 years in KC.

Josh - 18 December 2008 01:33 PM

The sign on the border should read “Welcome to Oklahoma; I know it sucks, but…”

That’s what keeps TX from falling into Mexico. When W comes back, <shudder> You’ll be able smell us from Edmond.

We don’t want to fall into the lethargy of England remembering the glory of a long gone empire.

The only thing I know about OK is what I see at 90 mph on I40 every other year or so.  Tulsa may be a garden spot, for all I know.

Signature 

“I am one of the few people I know who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror.”  Sam Harris October 17, 2005

Posted: 18 December 2008 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-22

The only thing I know about OK is what I see at 90 mph on I40 every other year or so.

I-40 from east to west: Arkansas border, wheat fields, Carrie Underwood’s hometown, big lake, wheat fields, corn fields, Troy Aikman’s hometown, wheat fields, some cows, corn fields, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma City, Yukon (Garth Brooks’ hometown), wheat fields, cows, corn fields, cows, wheat fields…..Texas panhandle.

Occasionally, around April or May, you might see a stray tornado with some shotguns, Bibles, and Sooner hats flying around in it.

[ Edited: 18 December 2008 09:41 AM by Josh]

Posted: 18 December 2008 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-02
Josh - 18 December 2008 02:39 PM

The only thing I know about OK is what I see at 90 mph on I40 every other year or so.

I-40 from east to west: Arkansas border, wheat fields, Carrie Underwood’s hometown, big lake, wheat fields, corn fields, Troy Aikman’s hometown, wheat fields, some cows, corn fields, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma City, Yukon (Garth Brooks’ hometown), wheat fields, cows, corn fields, cows, wheat fields…..Texas panhandle.

Occasionally, around April or May, you might see a stray tornado with some shotguns, Bibles, and Sooner hats flying around in it.

…and a LOT of scared sheep. “We better run, Bo Peep. Here comes Josh!”

[ Edited: 18 December 2008 11:07 AM by Beam]
 Signature 

Posted: 18 December 2008 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-22

Don’t worry about the sheep here, Beam. I’ve learned that “Baaaaa” means NO!

2 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed