3 of 3
Universal Core Values
Posted: 30 January 2009 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2492
Joined  2008-04-05

‘I challenge the definition of “natural” itself.’

Surley you jest.

Skepticism requires us to be open minded to reasonable thought process. But not so open minded as to let our brains fall out.

Sorry, there is no flying spaghetti monster.

We can all question anything. The real question begs whether or not those questions are coherent enough to further the discussion.

Dennett said it best. Some folks look for cranes and some folks look for skyhooks.

You my friend, are looking for skyhooks.

And I cannot help you in that endeavour.

Signature 

‘Every reflecting mind must acknowledge that there is no proof of the existence of a Deity’

‘If ignorance of nature gave birth to gods, knowledge of nature destroys them’

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posted: 30 January 2009 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1221
Joined  2008-07-20
Pixidis - 30 January 2009 09:12 PM

I challenge the definition of “natural” itself. It is not natural to have a wasp inject its eggs into a caterpillar and have the larvae eat the caterpillar alive from the inside out. It is a supernatural spectacle wholly out of alignment with ordinary human values, much less spiritual ones. And yet that’s what Darwin observed. And that’s the nature you bow before with unthinking allegiance.

Hey, pixiedust!  You are a fucking idiot.  Nature is not natural because it is “out of alignment with ordinary human values.”  What a load of crap!

I was at the marina in Santa Cruz having carne asada outdoors with my wife and my dog; shirtsleeve weather; Monterey Bay uncharacteristically blue; lunching outdoors at the edge of the sand;  very “natural.”  Along came a guy with such a severe neurological disorder that he had to cling to an aluminum appliance as he lurched down the walkway to keep from falling on his face. 

I’m glad you weren’t there to tell him that his condition was unnatural because it was “out of alignment with ordinary human values,” because after he was done beating you with his walker, I would have gotten up and started clubbing you with a chair and then my dog would have pee’d on you.

What an asshole.  Do you know anything about nature and life?  Don’t answer that.  You don’t.  I’m not interested in any of your idiotic ramblings.

Signature 

“I am one of the few people I know who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror.”  Sam Harris October 17, 2005

Posted: 30 January 2009 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2927
Joined  2006-12-17

Omar is mocking you Pix,

“If only I controlled God’s universe
Would I not tear down these faulty heavens
And build from nothing a true paradise
Where all souls could achieve their heart’s desire.

“Since no voice here can promise you tommorrow
Content yourself my mortal Moon
With bowls emptied by moonlight—some fine night
The Moon may search the world for us and find us gone.”

Posted: 30 January 2009 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  892
Joined  2007-12-04
Pixidis - 30 January 2009 09:12 PM

Does the average person know that quantum mechanics clearly revealed that the human mind is somehow connected to the way energy—the very building block of the entire cosmos—manifests in spacetime? That was discovered nearly 100 years ago now. Don’t you think that little gem of liberating wisdom might be critical for every person on the planet to know?

Does the average pixienewagebear know that the atomic theory clearlty reveals that the human mind is connected to the electrons that are part of the atoms that forms the brain?

If the answer is crystals, vibrations or energy please proceed with the experiment of inserting an elecetrode into each ear and plug into a wall socket while standing in a barrel of spam.

Any postlife existence you do not experience due to your brain being deep fried ought to be sufficient evidence of the universal continuation of electrons as opposed to the permanent non existance of your mind.

Signature 

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

3 of 3

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed