What I don’t get about creationists…
Posted: 14 March 2009 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  462
Joined  2006-11-23

Creationists essentially teach that creation=magic. That is, if there is a natural explanation for something, then it is not created by God. This is one reason they argue that evolution is inherently atheistic.

But it is often stated by beleivers that “each of us is a child of God,” or “each human being is created in God’s own image.”

But this cannot be so according to creationism. Only two people in history were ever “specially created”. The rest were conceived by natural means—in fact, conceived in sin. Therefore, nobody alive today is a “child of God.” Everyone is an imperfect mishap, resulting from the Fall of Man.

Given that, why should there be any objections to cloning, germ-line engineering, etc., since modern humans aren’t really divinely created at all, but exist as a result of the Curse?

Signature 

...it has to put into the equation: the possibility that there is no God and nothing works for the best. I don’t necessarily subscribe to that view, but I don’t know what I do subscribe to. Why do I have to have a world view? I mean, when I wrote Cujo, I wasn’t even old enough to be president. Maybe when I’m frty or forty-five, but I don’t now. I’m just trying on all these hats.
-Stephen King

Posted: 15 March 2009 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2008-02-15

It’s magic, it doesn’t have to make sense.

Signature 

Why is there Something instead of Nothing: No reason or ever knowable reason.

Kissing Hank’s Ass
Pope Song (rated NC17).

Posted: 15 March 2009 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-12-28
Tad Trenton’s Ghost - 14 March 2009 10:11 PM

Creationists essentially teach that creation=magic. That is, if there is a natural explanation for something, then it is not created by God. This is one reason they argue that evolution is inherently atheistic.

But it is often stated by beleivers that “each of us is a child of God,” or “each human being is created in God’s own image.”

But this cannot be so according to creationism. Only two people in history were ever “specially created”. The rest were conceived by natural means—in fact, conceived in sin. Therefore, nobody alive today is a “child of God.” Everyone is an imperfect mishap, resulting from the Fall of Man.

Given that, why should there be any objections to cloning, germ-line engineering, etc., since modern humans aren’t really divinely created at all, but exist as a result of the Curse?

Mr. TTG, your words remind me of a mathematical proof.  Simple, and straightfoward.  I concur.

When Creationists perform Math, I wonder if they think they can “divide by zero.”

Signature 

Mathematics says:

If Church ? State ? ø , then we are all f(k) = d.

“If the intersection of Church and State does not equal the null set, then we are all fucked.”

Posted: 16 March 2009 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2492
Joined  2008-04-05

Are we trying to rationalize the irrational again?

Why?

Signature 

‘Every reflecting mind must acknowledge that there is no proof of the existence of a Deity’

‘If ignorance of nature gave birth to gods, knowledge of nature destroys them’

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posted: 16 March 2009 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2492
Joined  2008-04-05

Creationism is indeed a dead end, or even a false start…....until ‘faith’ is applied. That gives them the final explanation and satifies their absolutist mentality.

Signature 

‘Every reflecting mind must acknowledge that there is no proof of the existence of a Deity’

‘If ignorance of nature gave birth to gods, knowledge of nature destroys them’

Percy Bysshe Shelley

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed
newrelic.loglevel = "verbosedebug" newrelic.daemon.loglevel = "verbosedebug"