1 of 3
Muslim Outrage???
Posted: 03 February 2006 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

Most of you probably don't listen to Boortz on a regular basis, but I do.  (Doesn't make me a better person, by the way, I just enjoy his point of view sometimes).

Today, he went on a rant about the current Muslim excuse for outrage, and I have posted the jist of it below.  On tonight's national news, I see that our vaunted state department has endorsed and sympathized with the Muslims!

I guess that doesn't surprise me, as they are fundies too, and just as volnerable to the same type of thing.  Makes me wish I was a cartoonist.  Anyhow, here's what Boortz had to say:

*  Muslims fly commercial airliners into buildings in New York City.      No Muslim outrage.

* Muslim officials block the exit where school girls are trying to escape a burning building because their faces were exposed.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims cut off the heads of three teenaged girls on their way to school in Indonesia.  A Christian school.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims murder teachers trying to teach Muslim children in Iraq.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims murder over 80 tourists with car bombs outside cafes and hotels in Egypt.  No Muslim outrage.

* A Muslim attacks a missionary children's school in India.  Kills six.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims slaughter hundreds of children and teachers in Beslan, Russia.  Muslims shoot children in the back.  No Muslim outrage.

* Let's go way back.  Muslims kidnap and kill athletes at the Munich Summer Olympics.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims fire rocket-propelled grenades into schools full of children in Israel.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims murder more than 50 commuters in attacks on London subways and busses.  Over 700 are injured.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims massacre dozens of innocents at a Passover Seder.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims murder innocent vacationers in Bali.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslim newspapers publish anti-Semitic cartoons.  No Muslim outrage

* Muslims are involved, on one side or the other, in almost every one of the 125+ shooting wars around the world.  No Muslim outrage.

* Muslims beat the charred bodies of Western civilians with their shoes, then hang them from a bridge.  No Muslim outrage.

* Newspapers in Denmark and Norway publish cartoons depicting Mohammed.  Muslims are outraged.

Dead children.  Dead tourists.  Dead teachers.  Dead doctors and nurses.  Death, destruction and mayhem around the world at the hands of Muslims .. no Muslim outrage ... but publish a cartoon depicting Mohammed with a bomb in his turban and all hell breaks loose.

And our state department agrees with them?

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 03 February 2006 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2005-12-22

What makes you say the state department agrees?

(link?)

Posted: 03 February 2006 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

I was watching ABC worldnews about a half-hour ago, and they announced as part of the cartoon story that the US state department issued a statement in sympathy with the muslims.  I just took a look, and cant find a link.  I will keep looking.

Signature 

Posted: 03 February 2006 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

CBS/AP) The State Department criticized on Friday cartoon drawings in Europe of the Prophet Muhammad, calling them “offensive to the beliefs of Muslims.”

While recognizing the importance of freedom of the press and expression, department press officer Janelle Hironimus said these rights must be coupled with press responsibility.

“Inciting religious or ethnic hatred in this manner is not acceptable,” Hironimus said. “We call for tolerance and respect for all communities and for their religious beliefs and practices.”

Signature 

Posted: 03 February 2006 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2005-04-02

The lines are being drawn very quickly now between those who understand that Islamofascists are the twenty-first century equivalent of Nazis and those still dithering behind a screen of political correctness, who refuse to acknowledge evil when it appears in the guise of religion.

The comments by our State Department are shameful. (That whirring noise you hear is Tom Paine, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and other Founding Fathers spinning in their graves.) Their refusal to recognize the nature of the evil confronting us puts us all in even greater danger. Don’t they recognize what the Islamofascists are capable of doing to further their vicious dream of a world-wide califate that would destroy all rights? Our government owes us protection from enemies like this yet here they are on their knees trying to decide which Islamic butt to kiss first. “Tolerance and respect for all communities” is it? Well, I’m an individual, not a “community”, who has been atheist since age 19 and just how much “tolerance and respect” does our State Department think I’d get from those raghead mobs rioting in Europe and the Middle East? They have done nothing to deserve respect, and they are rapidly discarding any right to tolerance with their violence and threats.

The Europeans are the canaries in the coal mine here. Some of them are starting to wake up to the fact that the hole they have dug themselves is about to cave in on them.  But over here very few people are paying attention yet. Those of us who see what is happening—that the cascade to the next level of this war has begun (Iran, Hamas, now this)—are going to have to do everything we can to wake up those around us. Talk it up. With everybody. Don’t let them ignore it. Be clear why Islam, not just “terrorism”, is a danger that must be confronted. Otherwise we will get our wake up call the same way we did on 9/11/2001.

Posted: 03 February 2006 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2005-12-07

Hey, does anyone know where i can find a nice large scan of the cartoon of Mohammed? I want to make a shirt of it and, with any luck, piss off some muslims. I searched Google and found only a small picture…

-Andrey

Posted: 03 February 2006 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2005-12-22

Blasphemiousness:  

Posted: 04 February 2006 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-02-04

What is most annoying about this whole blowup is never addressed in the press:

Mohammed forbade =any= representation of humans, in art or otherwise, as a means to forbid idolatry.

Idolatry is the key word here.

For hundreds of years, all art in Islamic countries contain no pictures of people.  No representations.  Avoiding idolatry.

Suddenly, in the 20th century, it is “okay” to have six-foot by ten-foot photos of Yassar Arafat and other PLO martyrs -paraded-!!!

If THIS is not idolatry…. WHAT IS??

Do these “outraged protestors” think that people will see these cartoons of the prophet mohammed and begin to practice idolatry??

Pretty obvious that the Islam world is truly a religion of “You’re with us, or you should be DEAD!”

Posted: 04 February 2006 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2005-11-11

[quote author=“LightofReason”]The lines are being drawn very quickly now between those who understand that Islamofascists are the twenty-first century equivalent of Nazis and those still dithering behind a screen of political correctness,

Exactly!  The LA Times printed an editorial Thursday that purported to be defending freedom of the press but really amounted to a cowardly apology to the Islamic world that some newspapers dared to print something that might have offended the Islamic world.  I fired off a letter of protest.  You are right on point here LightofReason, if the Islaminazis ever get the power they will make WWII’s holocaust look mild.

Posted: 04 February 2006 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2005-04-02

My fear is that they will do an instant replay of the Holocaust as an opener—courtesy of Iran’s nuclear weaponry and/or anyone else they can get to join the party—then proceed to rain as much havoc on the rest of the civilized world as they can before we come out of our self-induced coma and start striking back. But the longer we waffle, the more time they have to acquire or develop sophisticated weaponry and to stir up more fanatics around the world.

I was waiting in line with a bunch of people at an auction house sale this morning and I had the newspaper with me (Boston Globe, same craven attitude as the LA Times) so I brought up the subject. One guy from New Hampshire agreed with me and we tried to start a discussion but the rest just looked at us funny and went back to discussing real estate. This is what 4 1/2 years of no more 9/11s and a handy punching bag like Bush will get you. If the Islamonazis refrained from hitting us again on the theory that given enough rope we’d hang ourselves, I give them credit for a lot more brains than I’d have thought they had. The press obviously isn’t going to do this, so it’s up to us to keep it in everyone’s face.

ScottBe, that’s a great point, I missed that! Did anyone see them carrying portrait signs during the “protests”? That would be too perfect.

Posted: 05 February 2006 06:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-02-04

The large paraded photos I previously mentioned can be found in (I believe it was a 1992 issue) a National Geographic article “The Palestinians”.

In addition, the Iranian mullahs have also had huge portraits created.

The question should be repeated and broadcast forcefully to the Moslem world:  Where is the idolatry in the Moslem world, that Mohammed forbade?  It is not in a Danish newspaper!  Any cartoon character, Mohammed the prophet or not, will not create idolatry.

Free speech, it has been noted, does not mean you can cry “Fire!” in a crowded theatre.  But those myopic “media” types (and our State Dept) suggesting that the Danish papers were not properly “responsible” in this instance are playing into the myths and garbage surrounding this whole incident.  What’s next, are we going to pay homage to the idea of “paradise and virgins” when it is VERY OBVIOUS that the idea is 100% preposterous!

Posted: 05 February 2006 07:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2005-02-24

“My fear is that they will do an instant replay of the Holocaust as an opener—courtesy of Iran’s nuclear weaponry and/or anyone else they can get to join the party”

What Islamic country actually has nuclear weapons? It’s not Iran. Even if they want to make nuclear weapons, they’re years away from having the capacity to make them. At this point, we’re suspecting that they want to make nuclear weapons. The spin’s spinning so hot and heavy it’s hard to keep track of the truth, but let’s at least make an effort to try. Whatever the reason the Bush administration wants to attack Iran, once again we’re not hearing any kind of real, genuine truth about it. Once again, the big question is: Why aren’t we?

Just in case anyone really cares, there is an Islamic country that has nuclear weapons, and has had them for a long time. Pakistan. Remember when Pakistan and India were engaged in an arms race, both making nuclear weapons to use to threaten each other, not that many years ago?

Posted: 05 February 2006 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2005-04-02

Ah, yes, we’re back to the “whatever the reason THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION WANTS TO ATTACK IRAN” yadda yadda yadda. For years now I’ve listened as this sort of cant buried the reality of what we learned on 9/11 about Islamofascist ruthlessness, brutality, and obsession with world dominance for their hysterical, ridiculous religion. That’s fine, MJ, you just keep yammering about the “Bush Administration” being the whole of what’s wrong here, and the rest of us will continue to pay attention to what the Iranians and other Islamofascists are up to.

ScottBe’s correct about not having the right to yell “fire” in a crowded room, but that’s because it is a natural human response to want to flee a life-threatening situation and for that reason a false alarm can cause injury and death through no fault of the hearers. However, in the case of the Islamofascists, their own religious neurosis, perpetuated along a continuum from fanaticism to cowardly, apathetic inertia and unwillingness to see reason instead of supernaturalist fantasies is what makes them “vulnerable” to rioting over cartoons. That is THEIR fault and THEIR problem, not that of the cartoonists or the newspapers.

Posted: 06 February 2006 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

Signature 

Posted: 06 February 2006 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2005-02-24

“Islamofascists”

I doubt that most of those demonstrating in the streets would know the difference between fascism and a hole in the wall, and comparing them to Nazis is utter nonsense. It doesn’t really clarify anything to try to wrap everything into one big ball of wax. For example, the Nazis were sophisticated Europeans. These outraged Muslims are, for the most part, still living, both mentally and physically, in the equivalent of Biblical times. Not quite “cave men with cell phones” but darned close.

Just like the gangs in cities like Chicago, they feel marginalized and “disrespected.” And they should, considering all the ranting and threats to which they’re being submitted by no less than GW Bush himself. If you don’t think there’s considerable disrespect in his desire to “enlighten” them about how they should govern themselves, as though they’re a pack of backwards animals, just listen to what’s being said a bit more carefully. The threats amount to nothing less than a threat to wipe out their entire culture. Whether we approve of that culture or not is beside the point. We’d react exactly the same way, and we should. No doubt the cartoons served as the last straw.

This is a sociological problem far more than a religious problem. We want their territory and their oil, and we’re rationalizing and projecting our own greed and ignorance on them so we can then blame them for our—greed and ignorance.

Posted: 06 February 2006 05:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

The threats amount to nothing less than a threat to wipe out their entire culture.

You know, the more I think about it, the more it looks like wiping out their culture is exactly what we have to do to in order to survive ourselves. 

Do you see a way to reconsile our two cultures?  I don’t.  Don’t misunderstand me to mean that I think we should kill them all, I’m not saying that at all, but the culture of hatred for everything non-muslim has to be eradicated.  If we don’t do it now, we will have to do it sometime.  Do you think we should wait ‘till some state like Iran does have a bomb?

“Making nice” with those who would murder you in your sleep has, throughout history, proven to be a bad course of action.

Signature 

1 of 3

‹‹ TO SAM HARRIS      Respect our Religion! ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed