Who goes to the Creationist Museum?
Posted: 15 June 2009 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

Mostly pretty extremely simplistic, one-dimensional thinkers, oddly enough. Though at least Dan and Scott seem more or less rational.

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 15 June 2009 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1763
Joined  2006-08-20
SkepticX - 15 June 2009 10:14 AM

Though at least Dan and Scott seem more or less rational.

More or less. The problem with reason is that it is easier to come up with flawed reasoning than sound reasoning.

Check out this “debate” between Kent Hovind and Micheal Shermer. Shermer was overwhelmed by sheer volume and depth of pure bullshit. The creationist audience loved it. 99 minutes into it Shermer finally called Hovind a propagandist.

http://www.drdino.com/media-categories.php?c=creation+in+common+sense

[ Edited: 15 June 2009 05:11 PM by eucaryote]
 Signature 

The ants are my friends, they’re blowing in the wind, the ants are blowing in the wind.

Dog is my co-pilot

Posted: 16 June 2009 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2006-04-05

When I read that military personnel get in free, I was tempted to enlist because I’d love to visit this place but I hate the idea of giving these clowns any money.

Signature 

“It isn’t paranoia- it’s a heightened awareness of reality.” —our resident conspiracy theorist takes a stand!

Posted: 17 June 2009 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  134
Joined  2005-06-09

I’ve read a lot about this nutty place and its even nuttier founder/CEO. The statements from that Robert fellow are quite disturbing, as are the things that lady had to say. I think that these people are born followers and they get a real high from fervently following somebody/something/anything that tells them what to think and even how to think ( or not think at all…). What have they got to gain in their small corners of the universe by opening up their minds to Darwin and evolution? On the other hand, by agreeing to follow the leader and be good sheep they get the high of “certainty” and belonging without any effort whatsoever. I say let these rubes go back to their “biblical” times and ways of life, but they cannot take advantage of any technological or moral or social advances that have come from 2000 years of slow hard work by scientists and scholars and just plain honest decent people. No air conditioning, no phones, no bibles(!), no tee-vee. Then we’ll see how much they love their lord.

Posted: 17 June 2009 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1763
Joined  2006-08-20
bigredfutbol - 16 June 2009 03:09 PM

When I read that military personnel get in free….

Interesting and scary how they must want to brainwash as many military people as possible. Here’s the connection of rightwing politics with dominionist xtian crackpots.

Signature 

The ants are my friends, they’re blowing in the wind, the ants are blowing in the wind.

Dog is my co-pilot

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed