If you live in a beautiful, bountiful place . . .
Posted: 04 July 2009 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2136
Joined  2006-02-20

If you live in a beautiful, bountiful, joyful place, and you want to share it with others, do you tell them that unless they come they are going to be punished?

Signature 

“The simple fables of the religious of the world have come to seem like tales told to children.”  - Nobel Prize recipient - Francis Crick

“It is time we recognized the boundless narcissism and self-deceit of the saved.” - Sam Harris

Posted: 04 July 2009 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2008-02-15
unsmoked - 04 July 2009 06:58 PM

If you live in a beautiful, bountiful, joyful place, and you want to share it with others, do you tell them that unless they come they are going to be punished?

It’s cheaper then offering free boozes. smile

Signature 

Why is there Something instead of Nothing: No reason or ever knowable reason.

Kissing Hank’s Ass
Pope Song (rated NC17).

Posted: 04 July 2009 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2492
Joined  2008-04-05

Makes wonderful sense huh?

The creator of the universe was surely myopic in this view huh?

That’s the one biggest flaw with the ultimate primate’s complex brain….that idea of ‘submission’ to unproven things bigger than ourselves. Like we are to blame for being able to think abstractly?

Signature 

‘Every reflecting mind must acknowledge that there is no proof of the existence of a Deity’

‘If ignorance of nature gave birth to gods, knowledge of nature destroys them’

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posted: 05 July 2009 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
GAD - 04 July 2009 07:47 PM

Last year, Christian friends didn’t come to my birthday party.  This year I’m going to send out threats along with the invitations.

Signature 

“The simple fables of the religious of the world have come to seem like tales told to children.”  - Nobel Prize recipient - Francis Crick

“It is time we recognized the boundless narcissism and self-deceit of the saved.” - Sam Harris

Posted: 05 July 2009 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  172
Joined  2008-01-25

This is actually what propelled my desire to walk away from Christianity.

Posted: 06 July 2009 12:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2008-02-15
unsmoked - 06 July 2009 02:42 AM
GAD - 04 July 2009 07:47 PM

Last year, Christian friends didn’t come to my birthday party.  This year I’m going to send out threats along with the invitations.

How about; Free beer, drink it or burn in hell!

Why are you hanging out with Christians anyway? Are us atheists to boring for you?

Signature 

Why is there Something instead of Nothing: No reason or ever knowable reason.

Kissing Hank’s Ass
Pope Song (rated NC17).

Posted: 06 July 2009 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
seeking_truth - 06 July 2009 03:01 AM

This is actually what propelled my desire to walk away from Christianity.

Now you’ve got me thinking, what propelled my desire to walk away?  ‘Let me count the ways . . .’

1.  “No one comes to the Father but by me.”  Does this mean that he hadn’t met a single happy person in all his 33 years?  “Those Jews were too sad.”  - H.D. Thoreau

Signature 

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed