2 of 2
Shock Jocks
Posted: 28 July 2009 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10
clayforHim648 - 28 July 2009 11:55 AM

OK thanks, just needed a reality check there.

Irony…...too much…............must…make…..joke…

Not just there, mon frere.

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

Posted: 29 July 2009 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2818
Joined  2005-04-29
teuchter - 27 July 2009 05:28 PM

What are you suggesting?  Has Bruce Burleson been talking about me?

I didn’t know you and Burleson had met. He does get around, doesn’t he? But I haven’t spoken to him since Spring of ‘08. I was only suggesting that if a person is well enough to be schlepping people around for a living, then he must be feeling well enough to be willing to take care of all the things a person needs to do to avoid assuming room temperature. I guess my memories of pre-atheist depression remain strong enough to warp my take on the world at times. If you’ve survived as long as you have, teuchter, I’d guess that your use of alcohol, tobacco, etc. has only assisted in your well-being.

Signature 

Philosophy may in no way interfere with the actual use of language; it can in the end only describe it. For it cannot give it any foundations either. It leaves everything as it is.
Ludwig Wittgenstein

Posted: 25 August 2009 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2136
Joined  2006-02-20

Speaking again of shock jocks.  Check out the biographical article in the August 3, 2009 ‘The New Yorker’ magazine - PARTY OF ONE - Michael Savage, unexpurgated by Kelefa Sanneh.

Signature 

“The simple fables of the religious of the world have come to seem like tales told to children.”  - Nobel Prize recipient - Francis Crick

“It is time we recognized the boundless narcissism and self-deceit of the saved.” - Sam Harris

2 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed