1 of 3
Healthcare Protests. Wtf?
Posted: 08 August 2009 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  414
Joined  2006-02-01

Only in the US could nominally human beings get so worked up over a plan to take care of sick people. I’ve lived here 6 years now and I still don’t understand what makes these people tick.

And how many of these rabid imbeciles - whose de facto position is that people who can’t afford health care are shit out of luck - would profess themselves followers of a well known (though historically undocumented) carpenter-cum-deity celebrated for his proactive stance on free healthcare?

Signature 

All Christians should be sent to heaven immediately.

Posted: 08 August 2009 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1587
Joined  2006-10-20
Occam’s Razor - 08 August 2009 07:26 PM

. . . a well known (though historically undocumented) carpenter-cum-deity celebrated for his proactive stance on free healthcare?

Heal the sick?  Help the poor?  Is that the sort of stuff you’re talking about?

The answers are:
1. Lip service is paid to religion, but that goes without saying.
2. It’s God’s job to heal the sick and help the poor, not government.
3. Only commies would support such a plan.
4. The US has the finest medical care in the world (if you believe it and can afford it), and socializing medicine would drastically diminish the quality of care.  (This plays into the Joe The Plumber claim that IF he were to make more money he wouldn’t want it taxed higher, meaning he gives more credence to his aspirations than to his current status.)
5. The system will be abused by all involved causing costs to skyrocket.
6. They are paid shills in a P.R. campaign for those who stand to lose money if public health care provided.
7. They are either immortal or very wealthy.
8. They are Republicans and, out of party principle, automatically oppose all Democratic proposals.
9. . . .

Signature 

“All extremists should be killed!” - neighbor’s bumper sticker

Posted: 09 August 2009 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  952
Joined  2006-06-26

9. They are selfish bastards who just can’t stand to see some of their tax money actually help someone else.

Signature 

“We have it recorded in a book called the Bible.”

To be blunt, the Bible records all manner of silly shit.

Posted: 11 August 2009 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  322
Joined  2008-04-17

CLICK

Signature 

Christian psychopaty:

Bruce Burleson
“.Tell me why it is wrong to rape, steal and kill….
…If I am a slaveholder in Alabama in 1860, why shouldn’t I enslave the niggers, fuck their women, and whip their children when they disobey me????
I’ll tell you why, and it is the ONLY reason why
..”

..he fears gods punishment.

Christians per definition has no moral.
They are governed by fear and fear only.

..and they don’t mind using the N-word.

Posted: 11 August 2009 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1221
Joined  2008-07-20

I was doing fine with the link Bongobongo provided, until I got to this:

Think about it. If you worked at the local shop and in the old days you could get your son hired there, things were pretty good. Now, they tell you that they have to give the job to someone else’s son. Someone that doesn’t look like you, someone that you’ve never met or ever talked to. There’s been a lot of generations of that now.

The reason your son didn’t get hired at the local shop is not because of affirmative action.  The local shop was never big enough to be subject to any affirmative action requirements in the first place.

You son didn’t get hired because the local shop went out of business in 2002, and you don’t work there anymore either.

Was the local shop a clothing store?  Walmart crushed it long ago.

Was it a small tool & die company?  Sorry, all that stuff is made in China.

When I was disrupting meetings in the ‘60s(military recruiters, Weyerhauser public relations shows, HHH campaign rallies) I accepted that I would either be brief and fast, or get arrested.  (I was brief and fast)  I was acting in concert with others organized by SDS, the Student Mobilization, the Resistance, and other anti-war and anti-racism grass roots organizations opposed to what we then called “the power structure.”

So, why aren’t these huffy fuckwits at the health care town hall meetings brief and fast or, in the alternative, arrested.  They aren’t challenging anything.  They are actually the tools of the oligarchy, threatening chaos to defend the status quo—a status quo which is grinding both them and the chinese workers into profitable dust.

None of this, however, has anything to do with jesus, as we have seen from the number of freemarket freaks, objectivists and narcissitic sociopaths who have railed here against “health care reform.”

I’m with Rep. Weiner of NY who said, “Now that we have established why the public option has to be on the table, let’s ask why the private option has to be on the table.”

Signature 

“I am one of the few people I know who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror.”  Sam Harris October 17, 2005

Posted: 11 August 2009 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-20

rabid imbeciles

Prescient words, Mr. Razor, because it now seems some fuckwit showed up at the Obama health care town hall with gun strapped to his hip and a sign saying “It’s Time to Water the Tree of Liberty.”  Unstated, but implicit by the reference to Jefferson’s quote, was the statement “with the blood of tyrants.”  And of course, Obama is a tyrant to these (oh, did I mention he was a white male) racist morons.

But, was he knocked to the ground, cuffed and dragged away to federal hospital for the criminally insane?  Nope, he was interviewed by Chris Mathews after the town hall meeting was over.

Don’t these idiotic tools even wonder why the oligarchy doesn’t have them arrested?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxI3npnmny0

Signature 

“I am one of the few people I know who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror.”  Sam Harris October 17, 2005

Posted: 11 August 2009 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24
teuchter - 11 August 2009 06:26 PM

rabid imbeciles

Prescient words, Mr. Razor, because it now seems some fuckwit showed up at the Obama health care town hall with gun strapped to his hip and a sign saying “It’s Time to Water the Tree of Liberty.”  Unstated, but implicit by the reference to Jefferson’s quote, was the statement “with the blood of tyrants.”  And of course, Obama is a tyrant to these (oh, did I mention he was a white male) racist morons.

But, was he knocked to the ground, cuffed and dragged away to federal hospital for the criminally insane?  Nope, he was interviewed by Chris Mathews after the town hall meeting was over.

Don’t these idiotic tools even wonder why the oligarchy doesn’t have them arrested?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxI3npnmny0

Response move to prevent a thread hijacking.

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 12 August 2009 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1891
Joined  2007-12-19

I still don’t understand what makes these people tick.

Ignorance and fear, created by and seized on by the lies and manipulations of leaders on the political and religious right. It’s fuck the truth or facts of a matter, just stoke the fires of hatred, greed and deviseveness, then count up the votes.

Signature 

“This is it. You are it.”

- Jos. Campbell

Posted: 12 August 2009 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2009-04-20

I am a Dutchman, living in the Netherlands, and I really don’t understand why so many Americans are opposed to the idea that all of their compatriots should have access to decent health care, provided of course that they are willing to make a reasonable financial contribution to the creation of a nationwide healthcare insurance system. We’ve got one and I’m pretty sure that the Dutch health care system can easily compete with its American counterpart. I’m proud to live in a country where money is of no importance when it comes to having access to health and dental care for everybody. And there is nothing ‘communist’ about thinking and behaving in what I believe to be a civilized way of dealing with a problem that could affect all of us one day.

Posted: 12 August 2009 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1587
Joined  2006-10-20

OK, so this is a bit of a long read, but it is an American’s take on the Dutch medical/social system from the New York Times.

Anecdotally, my brother-in-law, an American, lived in Amsterdam for four years and Paris for 3 years, and while he appreciated the Dutch health system he prefers the French system more.  He also has confirmed the bewilderment the French have that Americans are objecting to a public health care system.

Signature 

“All extremists should be killed!” - neighbor’s bumper sticker

Posted: 12 August 2009 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24
Tranquillinus - 12 August 2009 04:01 PM

I am a Dutchman, living in the Netherlands, and I really don’t understand why so many Americans are opposed to the idea that all of their compatriots should have access to decent health care ...

A lot of us are right there with you, man.

... provided of course that they are willing to make a reasonable financial contribution to the creation of a nationwide healthcare insurance system.

If they can afford it, anyway.

We’ve got one and I’m pretty sure that the Dutch health care system can easily compete with its American counterpart.

Especially for those here in the US who can’t get health insurance.

I’m proud to live in a country where money is of no importance when it comes to having access to health and dental care for everybody. And there is nothing ‘communist’ about thinking and behaving in what I believe to be a civilized way of dealing with a problem that could affect all of us one day.

It seems to me like one of the basic elements that a society should provide its members.

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 12 August 2009 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10

I am a Dutchman, living in the Netherlands, and I really don’t understand why so many Americans are opposed to the idea that all of their compatriots should have access to decent health care, provided of course that they are willing to make a reasonable financial contribution to the creation of a nationwide healthcare insurance system. We’ve got one and I’m pretty sure that the Dutch health care system can easily compete with its American counterpart. I’m proud to live in a country where money is of no importance when it comes to having access to health and dental care for everybody. And there is nothing ‘communist’ about thinking and behaving in what I believe to be a civilized way of dealing with a problem that could affect all of us one day.

Gegroet, Tranquillinus, van een kaaskop naar de andere : )

I’ve been living in the US for a decade and I can explain to you what this big hullabaloo is all about.

It is quite simple, really.

Lots of money ( and I mean LOTS of money ) is made by a few people in the private health insurance business.

If Obama’s plan would go through, these fuckers would be forced to find work that is actually meaningful.

Aforementioned fuckers have lots of cash which means that they can afford to quaff luke-warm Martinis and belch platitudes on the Golf links where the senators and lobbyists drink the same lousy Martinis and fart in their horrible, checkered Docker shorts.

These rulers of our fine and beautiful land have found out that they can’t fuck ordinary people in the ass anymore by having the police handcuff the plebeians over a barrel, as the rich were so fond of doing until very recently.

Instead, they use their ill-earned cash to buy TV and radio stations and ‘journalists’ through which they can spread their message that it is really in the people’s own interest to bend over and drop their trousers.

Sadly, a fairly large percentage of the denizens here have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time and they are easy prey to this false rhetoric.

That’s how it works here.

Goed je te zien hier.

Groetjes,

Slecht Konijn

[ Edited: 12 August 2009 02:19 PM by Lapin Diabolique]
 Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

Posted: 12 August 2009 10:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2927
Joined  2006-12-17
Bad Rabbit - 12 August 2009 06:11 PM

Gegroet, Tranquillinus, van een kaaskop naar de andere : )

I’ve been living in the US for a decade and I can explain to you what this big hullabaloo is all about.

It is quite simple, really.

Lots of money ( and I mean LOTS of money ) is made by a few people in the private health insurance business.

If Obama’s plan would go through, these fuckers would be forced to find work that is actually meaningful.

On CNN yesterday one of their analysts calculated that about 1.2 trillion dollars per year is wasted on health care.  Much of that goes into some deep pockets…

Posted: 13 August 2009 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1183
Joined  2007-08-07

Only in the US could nominally human beings get so worked up over a plan to take care of sick people. I’ve lived here 6 years now and I still don’t understand what makes these people tick.

Americans went stupid about 25 years ago.  I mean really, really, deeply stupid.  It’s just that we’re so incredibly wealthy as a nation that it’s a bit hard to see how stupid most people in America actually are.

And this is primarily faithists, over and over again.  That’s the half of Americans who don’t believe in evolution.  They think Jesus will return in the next 50 years.  They are mindless, racist, jingoist.  They have happily leaped into the role of sheep, unaware how the biblical metaphor has turned them into slack-jawed zombies, unaware even that they are slack-jawed zombies, and certainly unmotivated to do anything about it other than continue to swill their hooch and gaze at their TVs.  This makes them easy puppets ripe and ready for manipulation.

They have no idea what their government is or is supposed to do:  If their leaders say a few choice words, they rally behind them like lemmings (or Germans circa 1932).  They stick behind these leaders even as the leaders rape and pillage them—and don’t offer as much as a spit of lube or a reach around.  Of course, if “their man” doesn’t get elected, they immediately default to conspiracy theories and enraged public debasement, and wave their guns, bibles and lack of brains as a proud banner.

I’ll admit this is purely speculative, but if we weren’t so wealthy, and if food wasn’t so plentiful, there would be another huge and destructive civil war here.

And frankly, I have a lot of doubt that the intelligent people would survive it.

Signature 

Faith-free since 1985

Posted: 13 August 2009 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  777
Joined  2007-09-16

And this is primarily faithists, over and over again.  That’s the half of Americans who don’t believe in evolution.  They think Jesus will return in the next 50 years.  They are mindless, racist, jingoist.  They have happily leaped into the role of sheep, unaware how the biblical metaphor has turned them into slack-jawed zombies, unaware even that they are slack-jawed zombies, and certainly unmotivated to do anything about it other than continue to swill their hooch and gaze at their TVs.  This makes them easy puppets ripe and ready for manipulation.

Yeah just like this Christian retired doctor I heard about who started free healthcare clinics at a local church in the midwest to help his 2000+ community members who don’t have insurance.  And those tens of thousands of faith-head medical missionaries providing healthcare to untold numbers of people making less than $2/day around the world.

I agree that a majority of Americans are slack-jawed zombies, unaware of who and what they are.  But you’re gonna have to work a little harder to show that religion made them so.  Some people do have legitimate concerns with government controlled health care…some that aren’t zombies.  Others do whatever Rush Limbaugh tells them to do.  Tell me what that has to do with origin theories or the Last Supper?

Signature 

“If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.” -Epictetus

Posted: 13 August 2009 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-20
clayforHim648 - 13 August 2009 07:14 PM

I agree that a majority of Americans are slack-jawed zombies, unaware of who and what they are.  But you’re gonna have to work a little harder to show that religion made them so.  Some people do have legitimate concerns with government controlled health care…some that aren’t zombies.  Others do whatever Rush Limbaugh tells them to do.  Tell me what that has to do with origin theories or the Last Supper?

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/8/11/765163/-Far-right-religious-group-behind-outrageous-health-care-lies

So where did Palin get that bad information? It appears she pulled it from a set of talking points that has been making its way around the internet in recent weeks—talking points assembled by the Liberty Counsel, a far-right religious group that’s part of Jerry Falwell’s Liberty University empire based in Lynchburg, Va.

Talking points here:
http://www.lc.org/index.cfm?PID=19319

Christian groups are being urged to swamp town hall meetings. Some are being asked to attend and read the riot act to supporters of health care reform. It is, after all, against God’s plan for health reform, some religious right leaders now say.

God and politics are the hot combination in the health care debate. As Obama was painted by some religious right members as the anti-Christ or worse, now his reform measures are being attacked as against the law of God. Health care reform is one area of attack, with town hall meetings going on all over the country. But what do they say about why God doesn’t want people to have health reform?

This is the message from Jean Markell of Maple Grove–based Olive Tree Ministries who has asked her radio listeners to attend congressional town hall meetings and directed to “to there and give them an earful. The ideal thing to do is to to go to their town hall and read them the riot act—in Christian love—but read them the riot act on this issue of health care.” Still Rep. Michele Bachmann should be spared from criticism, as Markell continued: about the Congress woman from Minnesota: “[Michele Bachmann] is one of my favorite people. She is doing just an outstanding job in Congress standing up for what is right. She’s got a target on her back. You need to pray for her and her family.”

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/277338

Signature 

1 of 3

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed
newrelic.loglevel = "verbosedebug" newrelic.daemon.loglevel = "verbosedebug"