Defeating public health
Posted: 09 August 2009 12:17 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1585
Joined  2006-10-20

Defeating public health care plans is remarkably easy.

1. Spend lots of money in scare campaigns and on politicians to tell the public it’s not in their best interest.
2. With politicians on the take, have any plan be so neutered as to be ineffective thus giving the people the impression a plan was attempted but the American system can’t handle it.
3. Use the taxpayers’ money to think of ways to kill people instead and tell the people someone is out to get them to distract the people and justify the spending.
4. Repeat.

Signature 

“All extremists should be killed!” - neighbor’s bumper sticker

Posted: 09 August 2009 05:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10
Skipshot - 09 August 2009 04:17 AM

Defeating public health care plans is remarkably easy.

1. Spend lots of money in scare campaigns and on politicians to tell the public it’s not in their best interest.

The sad truth is that this nation is run by merchants,and money equals power.
The rich, as they always have, justify their position of power by referring to their monetary accomplishments which, they tell us, are proof of their superior abilities.

When one examines these abilities one usually finds that they consist first and foremost of an almost complete absence of scruples.

Thus unpleasant and mean-spirited egomaniacs drift relentlessly to the halls of power while it is not uncommon to chat with a baker or entry-level clerk who possesses more intelligence and common decency than the true rulers of this country or their political errand boys and golf partners.

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

Posted: 14 August 2009 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2009-04-20

I quite agree with both of you, Bad Rabbit and Skipshot. If Americans would be less concerned with their having to pay taxes and more with caring for their fellow men they would regain a lot of trust in the world.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed