uniquely validating evidence for Yahweh?
Posted: 25 August 2009 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  663
Joined  2008-05-22

I recently visited a Christian forum, and asked them the same question that I have asked our resident theists here in the past. Do they have any uniquely validating evidence that their god is real, or the right one…..and all the thousands of others are not?

One guy came forward and said that God personally proved himself…..by paying him a visit, and explaining things to him…..but only in a way that was meaningful to HIM and his “unique doubts”. And, of course, God’s explanations came NOT through actual words, but “by means of his spirit”.

Well, when I realized that no one else had anything unique to offer to prove their god…..I was about to give up, and dismiss any and all evidence for Yahweh as ambiguous and, in the aforementioned guy’s case, anecdotal. But then, as if sent by God Himself, another guy came forward and regaled me with THIS…..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A_sPJ21TAo&eur;

Isn’t this great? This 2000-year-old debate has finally been settled….by a Youtube video! Now we all know, beyond any reasonable doubt, that Daddy, Junior, and Spook are the real deal! Those 2,849 other gods can take a hike! Right? Not only does this prove Yahweh, but the opening musical score proves that he listens to Darude! I’m gonna drop to my knees and accept Jesus as my lord and savior right this minute!

Seriously, what does everyone think about this? Is there anything in this video that might be compelling in any way? If not, then what do you think would be the most effective and most articulate way to hand this guy his own ass?

[ Edited: 25 August 2009 09:22 AM by Josh]

Posted: 25 August 2009 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2009-02-05

I think the fact it’s a youtube video is a ┬┐self-handed-ass-handling? It hallmarks the self-craving of evidence people need for their religion.  If god streamed this in from his connection up in heaven, I’d say you have a point.

But this is a video, made by a christian, for christians, with their own agenda’s, and bias. 

None of that ‘evidence’ would hold up in a real investigative expedition.  I’ve seen Monster Quests look more convincing.  But, you’ll bet your ass, when you dedicate your only life to an invisible space man, you’ll take whatever you can get and cling to it dearly.  I feel bad for them.  I’m living my life as if this is the only one I’ll get.  I suggest anyone reading this does the same.

Posted: 26 August 2009 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1183
Joined  2007-08-07
Cody B - 25 August 2009 07:34 PM

when you dedicate your only life to an invisible space man, you’ll take whatever you can get and cling to it dearly.  I feel bad for them.  I’m living my life as if this is the only one I’ll get.  I suggest anyone reading this does the same.

Amen, bruddah.  On all counts.

Signature 

Faith-free since 1985

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed