1 of 2
Darwin gets OWNED by Kirk Cameron
Posted: 26 September 2009 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

Wow, poor Darwin. He has been enjoying (post haste…) the success of his book for a few centuries. Then along comes a hollywood brat who exposes him as a fraud and now the partys over. Kirk and his sidekick, Ray Comfort have exposed Darwin as a rabble-rouser, one whom Hitler used as a justification used to start a world war. So hopefully some good will come out of this. We shouldn’t teach kids that they came from minkeys, we should teach them that they are God’s creation.

Minkeys….? Did you say minkeys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN9zpf5cT0M

[ Edited: 28 September 2009 03:19 PM by Aaron]
 Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 26 September 2009 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1891
Joined  2007-12-19

Holy shit! I thought you died and went to (_____).

You do teach them ... at the place called C.H.U.R.C.H. (Centers for Horrible Unmitigated Ruination of Childrens’ [mental] Health).

I see you’re in your usual delusional form.

Signature 

“This is it. You are it.”

- Jos. Campbell

Posted: 26 September 2009 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2006-10-09

Talk about a blast from the past…

Only a deluded, indoctrinated fool, seeing everything though the lens of his programming, could possibly entertain the delusion that the flood of pseudoscience, fallacious arguments, and outright denial coming from Cameron “OWNED” Darwin in any way.

I hate to break it to you champ, but Darwin’s theory isn’t even remotely controversial in the scientific community.  It’s as accepted as the theories of gravity or relativity.  Ignoramuses like you may not be convinced, but so what?  Some people actually believe in a flat earth too.

Signature 

I am the very model of a Christian Evangelical
I’ve no need for courtesy when fighting things heretical
I know the bible word for word; you’ll find me pedagogical
I have my faith so I’ve no need for ideas that are logical
Atheists and Pagans fall before my wit satirical
They’ll burn in hell just as they should; their cries will be so lyrical
I’m always right, you’re always wrong, my reasoning’s dogmatical
For I’m the very model of a Christian Evangelical

Posted: 26 September 2009 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2006-08-16

Christina smacks down Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort.

Origin of Stupidity

Signature 

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire

“Rational arguments do not work on religious people, otherwise there would be no religious people.”—Dr. House

Posted: 26 September 2009 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-09
camanintx - 26 September 2009 07:45 PM

Christina smacks down Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort.

Origin of Stupidity

? Hot chick
? Sexy foreign accent
? high intelligence
? brassy, assertive demeanor
? no bullshit attitude

I think I’m in love.

[ Edited: 26 September 2009 04:57 PM by Billy Shears]
 Signature 

Posted: 26 September 2009 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1539
Joined  2006-12-04

I’ve been watching her for a while. I like this video, though I don’t find it as compelling as some of her others.

Not much has changed with The Champion, but that’s no surprising.

Signature 

“The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray.”
          — Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 26 September 2009 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25
Billy Shears - 26 September 2009 06:30 PM

I hate to break it to you champ, but Darwin’s theory isn’t even remotely controversial in the scientific community.  It’s as accepted as the theories of gravity or relativity.  Ignoramuses like you may not be convinced, but so what?  Some people actually believe in a flat earth too.

Wellllll, you know, there are a growing number of scientists that doubt the “THEORY” of evolution, but are afraid to speak out, because they would be shunned by their fellow church goers, uh, I mean, fellow science religion believers.

The same goes with global warming. Shawn Hannity was rattling off stats on how cold it has been getting. Sounds like global warming is not doing well either, but everyone is afraid to speak out.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 26 September 2009 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1539
Joined  2006-12-04
TheChampion - 26 September 2009 09:29 PM
Billy Shears - 26 September 2009 06:30 PM

Wellllll, you know, there are a growing number of scientists that doubt the “THEORY” of evolution,

If you enjoy conveniently playing stupid and ignoring what “theory” means scientifically, don’t come back here expecting smart people to teach you again, child. There’s nothing more wasteful of people’s time than repeating the facts to the willfully ignorant.

but are afraid to speak out, because they would be shunned by their fellow church goers, uh, I mean, fellow science religion believers.

I suppose you know these people personally. Good for you!

The same goes with global warming. Shawn Hannity was rattling off stats on how cold it has been getting. Sounds like global warming is not doing well either, but everyone is afraid to speak out.

Don’t change the subject, now.

Signature 

“The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray.”
          — Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 26 September 2009 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-09

Wellllll, you know, there are a growing number of scientists that doubt the “THEORY” of evolution, but are afraid to speak out, because they would be shunned by their fellow church goers, uh, I mean, fellow science religion believers.

As I said champ, the THEORY of evolution is about as controversial among real scientists as the THEORY of gravity, or the THEORY of relativity.  You really should brush up on what the word “theory” actually means in scientific parlance, since you clearly don’t know.  Don’t expect grown ups to take you seriously until you do.

Signature 

Posted: 26 September 2009 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

Man, rough crowd. So you don’t think there is some controversy to the theory of evolution? You think everyone is on board?

Ok, if you say so. I’m just saying that I think there are some in the scientific community who would disagree. I couldn’t tell you the percentage, but I think it is larger now than in the 70s when evolution started replacing creationism.

Signature 

Posted: 26 September 2009 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2008-08-14
TheChampion - 26 September 2009 09:53 PM

Man, rough crowd. So you don’t think there is some controversy to the theory of evolution? You think everyone is on board?

Ok, if you say so. I’m just saying that I think there are some in the scientific community who would disagree. I couldn’t tell you the percentage, but I think it is larger now than in the 70s when evolution started replacing creationism.

The only controversy would be that created by the Creationists. The TOE has withstood 150 years of rigorous test and observation. You do know what it takes to be considered a “Theory” in science, don’t you?

As for the video, it’s laughable that those 2 clowns are still peddling their tired old act. Christina did a great job of dismantling Kirk’s “arguments.” Imagine what a Dawkins, or a Harris, or a Hitchens would do to them?

Oh… and Sean Hannity?? Please!!! He actually makes Bill O’Reilly look reasonable! (but that’s another thread)

Ron

Posted: 26 September 2009 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-09
TheChampion - 26 September 2009 09:53 PM

Unless you can give names, all you are doing is offering unsupported opinion.  Not good enough.  “Scientists” who deny evolution get ridiculed within the scientific community not because they are going against some kind of religious dogma, but because the evidence in favor of evolution is so overwhelming, that the deniers simply appear as ridiculous as flat earthers—after all, people can believe all sorts of things, but it takes a special kind of stupid to deny physical reality.

Signature 

Posted: 26 September 2009 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

Nothing says “I’m profoundly vapid” more effectively than being impressed by Kirk Cameron’s apologetics.

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 27 September 2009 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1891
Joined  2007-12-19

The ‘Fear Factor’ of which you speak is exclusive to the realm of Religion. Within the realm of science, it’s known as ‘experimenter bias’, or an invalidating extraneous variable.

Funny, it wasn’t long ago (Bush Era) that you disparaged the Hollywood types. Now they’re experts. Better watch that flip-flopping, it could lead to ... Conversion ... (tun-tun-tun-tuuhhh!).

Signature 

“This is it. You are it.”

- Jos. Campbell

Posted: 27 September 2009 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

Weird how Cameron starts off saying that our “god given liberties are being stripped away.” What liberties is he talking about? There are no “god-given liberties” in the bible.

And yeah, that video by Christina is spot on.

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 28 September 2009 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2006-04-05
SkepticX - 26 September 2009 10:56 PM

Nothing says “I’m profoundly vapid” more effectively than being impressed by Kirk Cameron’s apologetics.

Really, this is about all the response Champ deserved for this pitiful excuse of a thread.

Signature 

“It isn’t paranoia- it’s a heightened awareness of reality.” —our resident conspiracy theorist takes a stand!

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed