scary stuff on Fox news
Posted: 24 December 2009 01:01 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  277
Joined  2008-02-10

I was watching Fox news, and saw a woman called Daisy Khan, who is a muslim, and married to a major muslim figure, say to Laura Ingraham, that “what we have to do is prevent people from no longer believing in god”.  Laura agreed with her. Daisy repeated the same thing again, “We have to stop people from becoming non believers in god. 

It sounded like an ultimatum, and it made me think that maybe christians, and muslims might get together to fight against non believers in religion or god.

Posted: 24 December 2009 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2006-10-09

Well, to play devil’s advocate, I think what they mean is simply to aggressively proselytize.  I don’t have a really big problem with that, as A) it’s what theists have been doing for centuries, and B) there’s no way to prevent it without tearing up the Constitution.  People have a right to be idiots, and they even have a right to try and persuade others to be idiots.  It sucks, but there’s nothing much you can do about it because any cure is worse than the disease.  The way to fight it is through education.  After all, we certainly have logic on our side. 

Now if they mean using the force of law to ram religion down people’s throats, that is something I would have a really big problem with, but I don’t think this is what they have in mind.

Signature 

I am the very model of a Christian Evangelical
I’ve no need for courtesy when fighting things heretical
I know the bible word for word; you’ll find me pedagogical
I have my faith so I’ve no need for ideas that are logical
Atheists and Pagans fall before my wit satirical
They’ll burn in hell just as they should; their cries will be so lyrical
I’m always right, you’re always wrong, my reasoning’s dogmatical
For I’m the very model of a Christian Evangelical

Posted: 24 December 2009 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2008-08-14

Laura Ingraham is offensive on SO many levels. Anyway, I’m not sure what consequences a Christian\Muslim alliance would bring in the battle against atheism. And unless they move further away from the literal meanings of their holy books, they will have difficulty reconciling their differences and presenting a united front. But, adopting a less literal understanding of their books would seem to help the atheist cause. In any case, bring it on!

Ron

Posted: 24 December 2009 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24
Airy Spirit - 24 December 2009 06:01 AM

It sounded like an ultimatum, and it made me think that maybe christians, and muslims might get together to fight against non believers in religion or god.

I’m not sure how that would be significantly different than the rest of human history ... ?

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed