Sarah Palin Claims God Shouldn’t Be Separate from the State
Posted: 19 April 2010 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

This from Washington Monthly.

THE THEOCRATIC WING OF THE GOP…. A certain former half-term governor appears to be drifting even further away from the American mainstream. Over the weekend, appearing at an evangelical Christian women’s conference in Louisville, Sarah Palin rejected the very idea of separation of church and state, a bedrock principle of American democracy.

She asked for the women—who greeted her with an enthusiastic standing ovation—to provide a “prayer shield” to strengthen her against what she said was “deception” in the media.

She denounced this week’s Wisconsin federal court ruling that government observance of a National Day of Prayer was unconstitutional—which the crowd joined in booing. She asserted that America needs to get back to its Christian roots and rejected any notion that “God should be separated from the state.”

more at link

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 24 May 2010 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-05-22

I am only seventeen years old and do not firmly grasp subjects like these that deal with politician, but even I can understand the consequences that would follow if an individual like this was given any form of power.  So correct me here if I’m wrong, but is this the person that is running for vice-president.  Because I am finding myself right now being placed in an imposing position; I fail to even fathom how somebody like this could be given any rank of authority over our nation. 

We rationalists have to understand that this is a very deadly looking future.  If religions poisonous compounds contaminate our government to even the slightest degree, we will suffer tremendous damage.  We would eternally be fixated to a position of endless religious intervention.  The magnitude of this situation should be enough to scare anyone.

Posted: 25 May 2010 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2006-01-22

So I guess she’s for everything in the Constitution except for that little part about “no law respecting an establishment of religion”. Hmm…..seems like politicians on both sides of the isle just pick through that document and use the parts they agree with and ignore the parts they don’t.

Signature 

“Gentlemen, there is no fighting in the war room”

Posted: 31 May 2010 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

Palin goes on Bill O’Reilly’s show and says “our founding fathers early documents” says Christianity is the foundation of the nation and that’s what they intended. She suggests that the recent ruling on the National Day of Prayer, which the Freedom From Religion Foundation won citing that the NDP was unconstitutional, is telling us we can’t worship god in the public square. Billo goes along with it, saying that there are opponents of spirituality in the “market place.”

Palin goes on to say that people (like us) are the ones who are rewriting history and that the founders based our laws on the bible and the ten commandments. “It’s pretty simple.”

Yeah Sarah, it is “pretty simple” to suggest that. The interview goes on a weirder tangent after this. Judge Crabb is “desperately wrong” and just had an “opinion.” What drives her to say “Hey, this is illegal!?” It’s her “world view” about being afraid of god in the public square.

Palin is a dumbass who doesn’t understand the constitution. That is what is “pretty simple.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4KSAW9RkzY

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 24 July 2010 03:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-07-24

Woo i will surely post this information on my site.

Regards

jelly12

Posted: 24 July 2010 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2010-06-26

people like sarah palin, bill o’reilly, glen beck, sean hannity, ann coulter, etc., are the reason we atheists should unite and present a powerful force of faces and numbers behind our objections and antipathy to such ignorance.  this is truly scary stuff—if we don’t hang together, we shall surely hang separately.  we need to clone the Four Horsemen, especially Sam Harris, who speaks softly and carries a big stick.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed