Forum Surfing
Posted: 07 April 2006 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

I'm curious what kinds of strategies people use to forum surf. I'm curious about it because I usually open up all the forums in which I participate and leave them up in the background while I'm online, perdiodically checking for activity (that means all day most M-Fs from ~7:00am to ~3:30pm while I'm at work, random for evenings and on weekends). The thing is, from what I can tell I'm usually the only one (or one of a few, maybe) who appears all day under "Who Is Online."

So, what method do you use to check up on the forums in which you partcipate?

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 07 April 2006 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2168
Joined  2005-11-15

-

Hi Byron,

First and foremost, I rely on the link at the top right of the main forum list, labeled “View posts since last visit”... which keeps me from having to hunt down topics I was following. It will also include brand new topics that have posted since my last visit. Most boards have this, so that’s the page I bookmark. Much quicker.

_

Signature 

Welcome to Planet Earth, where Belief masquerades as Knowledge!

This way to the Unasked Questions—->
<—- This way to the Unquestioned Answers

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed