Comedy Central Pussed Out
Posted: 12 April 2006 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2005-12-22

They censored the South Park episode in the part where Mohammed was to put a salmon hat on the family guy.

:evil:

Posted: 14 April 2006 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

The network explained they feared retaliantion.

They don’t want rock throwers and flag burners shouting “Death to America” in their own back yard.

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 14 April 2006 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-22

That means that terrorism functions as designed on US soil.

Posted: 16 April 2006 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2005-11-14
[quote author=“mudfoot”]That means that terrorism functions as designed on US soil.

But they are a scary, shifty eyed, unstable, completely insane bunch.  (Referring to the zealots wherever they ae found, of course).

They are found in the Pentagon dive bombing 747 as well as the abortion clinic bombers.  They are found everywhere faith in god is encouraged.  It escalates into unchecked fanatacism.

That’s why I call for an end of it.

Noggin

Posted: 16 April 2006 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-22
[quote author=“Noggin”][quote author=“mudfoot”]That means that terrorism functions as designed on US soil.

But they are a scary, shifty eyed, unstable, completely insane bunch.  (Referring to the zealots wherever they ae found, of course).

They are found in the Pentagon dive bombing 747 as well as the abortion clinic bombers.  They are found everywhere faith in god is encouraged.  It escalates into unchecked fanatacism.

Noggin

That’s where I’m diverging a bit from the Orthodoxy of Sam.  I see totalitarianism as the problem, and some faiths have largely resolved that.  Can’t have totalitarianism without faith, but not all faiths are inevitably totalitarian.

Posted: 18 April 2006 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  407
Joined  2005-06-16
[quote author=“mudfoot”][quote author=“Noggin”][quote author=“mudfoot”]That means that terrorism functions as designed on US soil.

Noggin

That’s where I’m diverging a bit from the Orthodoxy of Sam.  I see totalitarianism as the problem, and some faiths have largely resolved that.  Can’t have totalitarianism without faith, but not all faiths are inevitably totalitarian.

Do you see the US as ‘totalitarian’  - in its broadest term? What are your thoughts on ‘patriotism’ expressed by the average American.?

There are ‘totalitarian’ types of regimes / societies - ie. China that don’t have the very poor record of ‘religious’ fanatisim that the US has been growing into for some decades.

Most likely the situation in the US - religous zealots etc. will continue to escalate.

but yeah….getting back to censorship…the US has a very poor record with that…thanks to the web more american’s are aware of that.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed