Skeptic's Annotated Bible Discussion…and references
Posted: 20 April 2006 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  407
Joined  2005-06-16

Resources for godless bastards like meself…
8)

In case this was lost in a thread somewhere….worth a visit!

homepage…

includes basic links to some of the best sites in town.

Posted: 20 April 2006 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

[quote author=“snakechic”]

homepage…

This is a great site. It reminds me of an excellent book called “Ken’s Guide to the Bible.”

Here’s a good review:

Ken’s Guide to the Bible, July 23, 2004
Reviewer: Cardinal Cretin “dugerman85” (Harrisburg, PA) - See all my reviews
Religious fanatics have been selectively quoting the Bible for two thousand years. It is about time this ambiguous book, written and promoted by zealots for so long is exposed for what it really is - an implausible, unverifiable explanation for what men couldn’t and didn’t understand about the workings of the universe. People who fantasized about a Supreme Being and later His “Son,” deities who were somehow supposed to be in charge of all things - but for some reason had to permit mortal men to kill the Son to save mankind?
Ken exposes the Bible as a collection of stories, many of which have nothing to do with one another, none of which can be verified independently and all of which have been translated and changed to suit the translator’s version of events, many times over the centuries.
Ken?s Guide to the Bible is excellent, accurate and easy to read.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0922233179/sr=1-1/qid=1145581761/ref=sr_1_1/104-6853105-4818335?_encoding=UTF8&s=books

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 20 April 2006 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

[quote author=“snakechic”]Resources for godless bastards like meself…
8)

In case this was lost in a thread somewhere….worth a visit!

homepage…

includes basic links to some of the best sites in town.

The skeptics annotated bible is amazing to read. Amazing because people actually took the time to create it and its absurd conclusions. Don’t get fooled. wink

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 22 April 2006 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  310
Joined  2006-01-31

Slave.  :(

Posted: 23 April 2006 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  407
Joined  2005-06-16

[quote author=“rab”][quote author=“snakechic”]

homepage…

This is a great site. It reminds me of an excellent book called “Ken’s Guide to the Bible.”

Here’s a good review:

Ken’s Guide to the Bible, July 23, 2004
Reviewer: Cardinal Cretin “dugerman85” (Harrisburg, PA) - See all my reviews
Religious fanatics have been selectively quoting the Bible for two thousand years. It is about time this ambiguous book, written and promoted by zealots for so long is exposed for what it really is - an implausible, unverifiable explanation for what men couldn’t and didn’t understand about the workings of the universe. People who fantasized about a Supreme Being and later His “Son,” deities who were somehow supposed to be in charge of all things - but for some reason had to permit mortal men to kill the Son to save mankind?
Ken exposes the Bible as a collection of stories, many of which have nothing to do with one another, none of which can be verified independently and all of which have been translated and changed to suit the translator’s version of events, many times over the centuries.
Ken?s Guide to the Bible is excellent, accurate and easy to read.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0922233179/sr=1-1/qid=1145581761/ref=sr_1_1/104-6853105-4818335?_encoding=UTF8&s=books

Hi Rad… smile

Thanks a heap! I wasn’t aware of Ken’s Guide - I’ll note that and pass it on if anyone asks me.
Me…I’m through with all that debunking the bible stuff…....I have it out of my system and no longer get any ‘buzz’ whatsoever from yaking it up with idiots who choose to believe in the bibble.

Not my problem to ‘convert’ or ‘deconvert’ anyone…
YIPPEEE!!!!!

You know what…..the chrisitan no matter how many I read…all end up writing the same old shit - over and over ......adnausum

Can’t wait for the second coming….will I spit or swallow? - Now I’m even able to predict the ‘answer’ s’ or arguments’ atheist use…. rolleyes

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed