1 of 2
Does God have a penis?
Posted: 31 August 2011 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-08-31

This train of thought popped in to my head this morning on the commute to work, not really too sure why, but I found it interesting and it raises a whole bunch of questions.  I hope no one finds it offensive.

If man was created in the image of God, does God have a penis?  What does he use it for?  Are there Goddesses?  If there are Goddesses, why don’t Christians worship them as well?  If God does have a penis, and he uses it for the same thing men do, then that implies that God has a mother and father, where are they?  If he uses it to urinate, what does he eat or drink?  And on, and on, and on.

This rambled through my head all the way to work and I chuckled the whole way.

[ Edited: 16 December 2011 03:20 AM by Nhoj Morley]

Posted: 31 August 2011 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  413
Joined  2005-06-05

Hee, hee!  Love it!  Thank Goddess SOMEONE here has a sense of humor!!!  wink

Oh, the possibilities…*sigh*

Holla back when we get around to titties, lol!

Signature 

The road of excess leads to the palace of Wisedom
-William Blake, “Proverbs of Hell”

Life, what is it but a dream?
- Lewis Carroll, “A boat Beneath a Sunny Sky

Posted: 18 September 2011 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2010-10-01

I wonder if you would get a different reply from a Rabbi than a Catholic Priest or an Imam , it might be an interesting exercise .
What if they said no penis , in that case would god the father still be the father , what would define his gender in that case ?

Signature 

When you’re chewing on life’s gristle
Don’t grumble, give a whistle
And this’ll help things turn out for the best…
And…always look on the bright side of life…
Always look on the light side of life.
Monty Python’s Life of Brian grin

Posted: 04 November 2011 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2338
Joined  2006-02-19

Of course you would get a different answer from a Rabbi, a Catholic Priest and an Imam. The Rabbi and Imam believe God isa Spiritual being and he would not have a penis. A catholic believes in the the incarnation (God becoming man). The Catholic teaching is that what we say about Christ we can say about God. This doctrine is known as the communications of Idioms. So we can say that Mary is the Theotokos (mother of God) and we can say that God has a penis although why we would say that I don’t know. However it is not because we are made in his image. Gods image in man is our ability to know and choose right from wrong. So all Abrahamic religions believe that we are made in God’s image but only some Christians would assert that God had genitalia. Were you really asking a question or just trying to make a penis joke? I get confused.

Are the old timers still here? Homunculus, Ted Shepherd Salt Creek The Champion. It ahs been a while

Posted: 06 November 2011 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2922
Joined  2006-06-15
frankr - 04 November 2011 10:05 AM

Are the old timers still here? Homunculus, Ted Shepherd Salt Creek The Champion. It ahs been a while

(Andrew):  Hi frankr—it has been a while. Tthose you mention are no longer posting, but you may recognize some names at the ProjectReason forum.  We all sort of moved there a couple of years ago.

Signature 

“Another flaw in the human character is that everybody wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance.”—Kurt Vonnegut

Posted: 06 November 2011 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2338
Joined  2006-02-19

Andrew Thanks. Good to here from you. I signed up over at the Reason Project but alas my name has been taken. Instead I am using the name I Like Snacks. It really is the summation of my philosophy. See you there. Everyone over there seems very reasonable

Posted: 13 November 2012 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2011-08-26

I don’t believe in god or the Phallus Dei, but I do believe in a goddess. her name is Kate Upton.

Posted: 13 November 2012 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2012-07-10

A whimsical question - but the answer is moot as there is no logical or plausible argument that can be made to suggest that the creator of the universe would be male.

Posted: 22 December 2012 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2012-08-11

No, because he doesn’t exist.  However, he is portrayed as a prick in both song and story, (overcompensating for a small member?).  In the original stories, he had a wife, whom was later killed off.  The answer died with her.

Signature 

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
~ Hitch

I prefer the full-on embrace of reality to the spiritual masturbation that is religion.
~ S.A. Ladoucier

I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people
~ M. Teresa, Fruitcake of Calcutta

Posted: 28 January 2013 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2013-01-26

Curiously it seems people of religious faith have declined to answer this question either way.

Posted: 01 February 2013 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2013-01-26
NewShoe - 28 January 2013 02:31 PM

Curiously it seems people of religious faith have declined to answer this question either way.

LOL. You must be a person of religious faith also, because you didn’t answer the question, either way.

Cheers,
enegue

Posted: 05 February 2013 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2013-01-26

I guess it must not exist, if god does not exist.

Posted: 19 February 2013 02:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  119
Joined  2009-05-12

A recent development is that God was recently unearthed as a stone statue. Didn’t see his willy, but he was definitely male, and he had a wiffy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McJX44aeMhM

Posted: 29 April 2013 05:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2012-09-20

And further still: who would have taken a razor to it, just as he prescribes (to some)?

Signature 

“Does history record any case in which the majority was right?”
Robert A. Heinlein

Posted: 29 April 2013 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  119
Joined  2009-05-12

Yes, God has a penis. After all, he’s the biggest dink in the universe.

Posted: 02 May 2013 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2013-04-11
starcrwzr - 31 August 2011 12:16 PM

This train of thought popped in to my head this morning on the commute to work, not really too sure why, but I found it interesting and it raises a whole bunch of questions.  I hope no one finds it offensive.

If man was created in the image of God, does God have a penis?  What does he use it for?  Are there Goddesses?  If there are Goddesses, why don’t Christians worship them as well?  If God does have a penis, and he uses it for the same thing men do, then that implies that God has a mother and father, where are they?  If he uses it to urinate, what does he eat or drink?  And on, and on, and on.

This rambled through my head all the way to work and I chuckled the whole way.

Well according to Mormon mythology God not only has a penis but a wife and we are all his literal children to include Satan and Jesus as brothers.

Charwiz

Signature 

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed