2 of 9
One sentence for why you are an Atheist . . .
Posted: 22 September 2011 12:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2010-10-01
Janus 6 - 21 September 2011 11:07 PM

Andrew :  If you’ve got one sentence for why you are an atheist, let’s hear it.

I am an atheist because I don’t like to hear the whole truth, I can’t handle the truth

Well , that sounds like the truth doesn’t it .....

Signature 

When you’re chewing on life’s gristle
Don’t grumble, give a whistle
And this’ll help things turn out for the best…
And…always look on the bright side of life…
Always look on the light side of life.
Monty Python’s Life of Brian grin

Posted: 22 September 2011 04:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2922
Joined  2006-06-15
Janus 6 - 21 September 2011 11:07 PM

I am an atheist because I don’t like to hear the whole truth, I can’t handle the truth

(Andrew):  You display a profound ignorance of what atheism is and atheists are, but since you’re a professed member of the club, we’ll do what we can to get you up to speed.
If you have any questions, just ask.

Signature 

“Another flaw in the human character is that everybody wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance.”—Kurt Vonnegut

Posted: 22 September 2011 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2011-04-20

The only real truths are those which we have scientific evidence for.  Shit that may be my new line.  Thanks

Posted: 22 September 2011 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2007-05-28

I am an atheist because I’m a feminist.

Posted: 22 September 2011 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15
sambarge - 22 September 2011 11:34 PM

I am an atheist because I’m a feminist.

(Andrew):  Explain yourself.

Signature 

“Another flaw in the human character is that everybody wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance.”—Kurt Vonnegut

Posted: 22 September 2011 09:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2011-09-20

(Andrew): You display a profound ignorance of what atheism is and atheists are, but since you’re a professed member of the club, we’ll do what we can to get you up to speed.

Ok
What is the life’s goal?
Which is the main product of evolution?

Posted: 23 September 2011 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-10-01
Janus 6 - 23 September 2011 01:45 AM

(Andrew): You display a profound ignorance of what atheism is and atheists are, but since you’re a professed member of the club, we’ll do what we can to get you up to speed.

Ok
What is the life’s goal?

I start to see a theme here, we could all have a preferred philosophy to that of reality , one that ends more favourably with angels or with karma . One where life has a special goal and a plan just for us . This for some is a better option as it makes them feel better about the prospect of non existence and gives them a direction that they don’t have to think of themselves .
The answer to lifes goal is what ever you choose for your own life, being a life form that can make decisions . Now the meaning of life is something completely different and if it’s that your looking for then crack on,

As for the main product of evolution, read a book or go to talk origins, once again if you want a fluffy comfortable answer then you will be disappointed, for fluffiness forget reality - see (fill in your preferred stone age idea) .

Signature 

Posted: 23 September 2011 02:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15
Janus 6 - 23 September 2011 01:45 AM

Ok.
What is the life’s goal?.
Which is the main product of evolution?.

(Andrew):  I’m sorry.  Neither of those questions have anything at all to do with atheism.  The goal of life is a question for the philosopher, and evolution has to do with science.
Atheism is the lack of belief in gods.  That’s all it is.  If you have any questions about that, fire away.
For something else, you’ll have to start a new thread.

Signature 

Posted: 23 September 2011 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2011-04-20
Janus 6 - 20 September 2011 05:16 AM

I was an atheist, but if you explain the universe you will understand that God exists. 

Please answer the questions below

What is the life goal?

Janus 6, I appreciate the dialogue.  I’m interested to hear your answers to the questions you pose:
- What is the life goal?

- Which is the main product of creation?

Posted: 23 September 2011 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-09-20

Andrew
Neither of those questions have anything at all to do with atheism.  The goal of life is a question for the philosopher, and evolution has to do with science.
Atheism is the lack of belief in gods.  That’s all it is.  If you have any questions about that, fire away.
For something else, you’ll have to start a new thread.

“Atheism is lack of belief in gods. That’s all it is.  “

In one hand you guys use science to support your atheists beliefs and the another hand you say atheism do not have nothing to do with science.

Please Andrew, Do atheists use science to support their beliefs?
Yes or no

Goal of life not from the philosopher point of view but from a scientific point of view

Free2011
Janus 6, I appreciate the dialogue.  I’m interested to hear your answers to the questions you pose:
- What is the life goal?

- Which is the main product of creation/ evolution?

Thanks for the dialogue
The life’s goal is to control the universe.
It is simple my friend free2011, just connect the dots.
See what evolution tell us :  A living creature begun 3.5 billion years ago the size of a bacteria, today covers the earth, for the future astrophysicists say that life will be immortal and control galaxies.

Therefore Free2011, every life that you see have the goal of controlling the universe.

The last being on the evolution’s chain is the almighty

Now free2011 The goal of life is to control de universe or to disappear?

.——————————————————————————

Which is the main product of creation/ evolution?
Janus 6:  Love is the main product.
.Free2011 Is there something more important than Love?

Posted: 24 September 2011 12:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  496
Joined  2005-02-22

I’ve seen this before…

It’s netred and the “To Prove God” thread all over again.

Why would anyone want to control the universe? If you commanded it to turn left, how would you know if it did?

Signature 

Delude responsibly.

Posted: 24 September 2011 12:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-10-01

Two pages of posting to get to this position, looks like another Samy/Mario wasting our time and effort. Evolution is or can be the most brutal process in existence and the main product of this is love….....no think I need to be stoned first to consider such drivel . tongue rolleye

Signature 

Posted: 24 September 2011 02:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15
Janus 6 - 24 September 2011 12:55 AM

In one hand you guys use science to support your atheists beliefs and the another hand you say atheism do not have nothing to do with science.

Please Andrew,]Do atheists use science to support their beliefs?
Yes or no

(Andrew):  You’re not doing so well.  I just finished telling you that atheism is a lack of belief…and you turn around and ask me if atheists use science to support their beliefs.  I’ll try once again…atheism is not belief, it’s the absence of belief.  You don’t need science for that.
If you want to be an atheist, you’re going to have to do better than this.

Signature 

Posted: 24 September 2011 04:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-10-01
Andrew - 24 September 2011 06:41 AM
Janus 6 - 24 September 2011 12:55 AM

Please Andrew,]Do atheists use science to support their beliefs?
Yes or no

(Andrew):  You’re not doing so well.  I just finished telling you that atheism is a lack of belief…and you turn around and ask me if atheists use science to support their beliefs.  I’ll try once again…atheism is not belief, it’s the absence of belief.  You don’t need science for that.
If you want to be an atheist, you’re going to have to do better than this.

I agree Andrew, atheism is simply the absence of belief (in Deities).

The same as any theists’ absence of belief in anyone else’s deity, just one step further. Do they use science for this .....

Does Janus 6 use science to disprove the existence of Zeus or Odin?

Signature 

Posted: 25 September 2011 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Rank
Joined  2011-09-20

To free2011
Now free2011 The goal of life is to control de universe or to disappear?

Is there something more important than Love?
========================================================

(Andrew):  You’re not doing so well.  I just finished telling you that atheism is a lack of belief

(MARTIN UK)
I agree Andrew, atheism is simply the absence of belief (in Deities).

If someone do not believe that New York City exists then he have the right to believe that, “New York city no not exists”  create forums and try to convince people around the world.
Thank you for help me understand what it means to be an atheist.

However, I will try to explain him why is he wrong.

———————————————————————————-

(MARTIN UK)
Evolution is or can be the most brutal process in existence and the main product of this is love….....no think I need to be stoned first to consider such drivel

(Nhoj Morley)
Why would anyone want to control the universe? If you commanded it to turn left, how would you know if it did?

Life want to control the universe because life control inert matter to reach his goal, to survive.
Nhoj you can see this in every life around you; for each danger nature forced life find a way to modify itself and the enviroment.
The first being 3.5 billion years ago do not keep its microscopic size, change according the enviroment and change the environment to survive.
If the next danger to life is a supernova then life will try to control the supernova, in the same way if the dark energy is a danger to life, then life will have the goal of controling the dark energy.
#2.1

(MARTIN UK) Evolution is or can be the most brutal process in existence and the main product of this is love….....no think I need to be stoned first to consider such drivel

Let me explain you MARTIN UK, the biggest treath to life is Dark Energy, to control the dark energy you need more than basic instincts, you need wisdom and love to life to guide you in the journey.

2 of 9

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed