DR Phil reaches a new low
Posted: 26 May 2012 01:14 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2009-05-12

On today’s Dr Phil Show were a gaggle of charlatans and kooks, from a numerologist to mediums to a wingnut-fringe neuroscientist to an inept sceptic. The “point” of the programme was that “mediums are the real deal”, that what they do is real.
-
Such a stance by a medical professional should be cause for career suicide. Give me half an hour with McGraw’s charlatans and I’ll demonstrate that they’re fakes. I’d also love to tear a strip off him on national television, for being so bloody irresponsible and unprofessional.
-
The easiest way to shoot these kooks down is to go at them with phrases like: “We really could have used you on 9-11”, or “Gee, you must win every lottery”, and so forth.
-
Too bad Johnny Carson isn’t still around. He could’ve had McGraw on his show and debunked and destroyed his clique of kooks on national television, and sent McGraw scuttling back under the rock from which he crawled.

Posted: 02 October 2012 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2012-09-20

James Randi has a million dollars waiting around for one of these frauds to collect. My question to them would be, even if you don’t want the money, surely you could win it and donate it right?

Signature 

“Does history record any case in which the majority was right?”
Robert A. Heinlein

Posted: 03 October 2012 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2009-05-12

Randi! That’s the guy I was trying to think of! Exactly!

It’s the “Doctor” Fill “pants” McPoo part that really disgusted me, however. Seems you can lie through your teeth on US television and not be held accountable.

Posted: 04 October 2012 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2012-08-11
gsmonks - 03 October 2012 10:09 AM

Randi! That’s the guy I was trying to think of! Exactly!

It’s the “Doctor” Fill “pants” McPoo part that really disgusted me, however. Seems you can lie through your teeth on US television and not be held accountable.

Dr Oz is a dink, too.

Signature 

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
~ Hitch

I prefer the full-on embrace of reality to the spiritual masturbation that is religion.
~ S.A. Ladoucier

I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people
~ M. Teresa, Fruitcake of Calcutta

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed