More on the Mormon Moor
Posted: 19 September 2012 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2012-08-29

I really enjoyed Sam’s sports metaphor to describe the different religions.  But he gets it wrong on which sport best represents the Mormons.  It has long and boring engagements; is a uniquely American phenomenon; and it has arcane rules, unusual uniforms, and inexplicable rituals which make the uninitiated scratch their heads in bewilderment:  it’s baseball. 

Islam would be, I presume, the Hunger Games. 

Posted: 23 September 2012 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2012-08-11
TheCoolinator - 19 September 2012 10:16 PM

I really enjoyed Sam’s sports metaphor to describe the different religions.  But he gets it wrong on which sport best represents the Mormons.  It has long and boring engagements; is a uniquely American phenomenon; and it has arcane rules, unusual uniforms, and inexplicable rituals which make the uninitiated scratch their heads in bewilderment:  it’s baseball. 

‘cept baseball broke the colour barrier long before Mormonites did

Signature 

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
~ Hitch

I prefer the full-on embrace of reality to the spiritual masturbation that is religion.
~ S.A. Ladoucier

I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people
~ M. Teresa, Fruitcake of Calcutta

Posted: 23 September 2012 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  800
Joined  2010-11-12
Ice Monkey - 23 September 2012 09:39 AM

As long as we speak about a color barrier, there will be one.

Posted: 23 September 2012 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2012-09-22
Ice Monkey - 23 September 2012 09:39 AM

Agreed.I agree with you both,thus,with you yourself getting involve on the criticism on other religion does make you like them,which we should not be,right?What makes you different from them,asking hope from a presence or entity they say true.

Posted: 28 November 2013 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2013-04-11

I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people
    Are you being sarcastic hear. or is this a direct quote of Mother Teresa, you are implying here that Mother Teresa wanted the poor to be poor. That is interesting. Or am I missing something here. I mean someone like the Buddha would say that one can live a happy and rich life while being dirt poor, that suffering does not come from being poor but the desire to wanting to be rich. Now what you are implying is that Mother Teresa is saying something much different. If the quote is accurate above than it is not the same as how the Buddha would have looked at the suffering of Calcutta. By saying what she said above she is implying that some people must suffer and always will suffer and that it is good, that it is somehow good for the world that some people suffer.

Signature 

‹‹ Test, just a test      What if... ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed