aftermath of school shooting and rise of religion
Posted: 19 December 2012 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  286
Joined  2011-04-26

I’m somewhat baffled and freaked by the media coverage (primarily all the so-called cable new channels) following the Newtown school shooting and how the media treats religion and the concepts of god and heaven so postively and literally.  CNN is interviewing a lot of extreme religious figures and seriously discussing heaven, the process of entering heaven and how the victims are together with Jesus, etc.  It’s pretty startling how extreme and detailed the discussions have been on CNN, MSNBC and especially FOX.  What’s the deal?  Are we sliding back into the medieval thinking.  What makes everyone get super religious and superstitious after these tragic events.  Will we ever break free of this form of insanity?  It’s pretty disturbing.

Posted: 20 December 2012 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2012-08-11

It is very surprising.  Jesus had his head up his ass during the attack, yet people still think he’s worthy of praise. 
We don’t treat the terribly incompetent with praise in real life.  Why should incompetence be rewarded when it comes to deities?

Signature 

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
~ Hitch

I prefer the full-on embrace of reality to the spiritual masturbation that is religion.
~ S.A. Ladoucier

I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people
~ M. Teresa, Fruitcake of Calcutta

Posted: 26 August 2014 01:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2014-08-24

It is to be expected we must not forget the enormous solace that religious belief can give the grieving and those beyond human help. In this respect truth and falsehood don’t matter; a dying man can believe what suits him he is going to die.
None of us like to contemplate the end; we would delay it if possible or leave some lasting legacy. How can our loved ones cope ?The best way is some wonderful reunion after life; can you think of a better?

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed