Don't let the champion waste your time
Posted: 17 May 2006 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2006-04-24

The champion is a ill informed bigot who has not read either this book or the bible he thumps don't respond to his postings.

Posted: 24 August 2006 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  485
Joined  2006-08-24

what? not even for fun?

Posted: 24 August 2006 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  766
Joined  2006-02-20

Do you enjoy him? I don’t. The “ignore” function is now working well again since the moderator restored it.

Posted: 13 September 2006 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  407
Joined  2005-06-16

smile champ is a champion!

I think without his ever shining light - this forum would be too ...too something.

uumm…....sterile

Posted: 21 November 2006 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2006-04-05

[quote author=“snakechic”]:) champ is a champion!

I think without his ever shining light - this forum would be too ...too something.

Sane?

Signature 

“It isn’t paranoia- it’s a heightened awareness of reality.” —our resident conspiracy theorist takes a stand!

Posted: 22 November 2006 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

I’m beginning to wonder if he’s not one of “us” just forking around with everyone. It may be a bit of a stretch, but people can be pretty weird, and how screwy is that compared to the Champ if he’s “legit” anyway? Either case stretches credulity.

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 22 November 2006 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5404
Joined  2006-09-27

[quote author=“SkepticX”]I’m beginning to wonder if he’s not one of “us” just forking around with everyone. It may be a bit of a stretch, but people can be pretty weird, and how screwy is that compared to the Champ if he’s “legit” anyway? Either case stretches credulity.

Byron

Well, even if he were “one of us”, he would be the “bored teenager” incarnation, as he has not contributed one iota of insight to any discussion, but only personifies a particularly unimaginative parody of an ideology. It scares me to think that someone might really believe those things.

I note the appearance of a few new trolls in the space left by his current absence. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, as the theists like to say.

Signature 

INVEST in cynicism!

Posted: 22 November 2006 01:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2006-06-01

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, as the theists like to say.

This is an awesome argument raspberry

Signature 

Get with it. Millions of galaxies of hundreds of millions of stars, and a speck on one in a blink. That’s us, lost in space. The cop, you, me… Who notices?
-Vincent

Posted: 28 December 2006 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2006-12-26

As it happens, absence of evidence IS evidence of absence, it is just not DEFINITIVE evidence. This is what theologians don’t get.

We have combed the Earth after unicorns, but there is a total absence of evidence for them. How can we be “sure” unicorns don’t exist here, delicately treading their way through our ever-tightening nets of detection?

Posted: 29 December 2006 03:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-27

[quote author=“arildno”]As it happens, absence of evidence IS evidence of absence, it is just not DEFINITIVE evidence. This is what theologians don’t get.

We have combed the Earth after unicorns, but there is a total absence of evidence for them. How can we be “sure” unicorns don’t exist here, delicately treading their way through our ever-tightening nets of detection?

On that basis, I guess you might be inclined to say that gaps in the fossil record preclude the existence of transitional forms. Just not definitively. :x

Why does the poor unicorn come in for so much abuse on this count? :D

Signature 

INVEST in cynicism!

Posted: 29 December 2006 05:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-26

Note that there is an accumulation of fossil records, and indeed, a continuous process whereby gaps in them are NARROWED.

From what I’ve seen, there haven’t surfaced any circumstantial evidence in human history that can be said to reduce the diameter of yawning black hole in our God evidence record.

Posted: 29 December 2006 05:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-27

[quote author=“arildno”]Note that there is an accumulation of fossil records, and indeed, a continuous process whereby gaps in them are NARROWED.

That’s fine. You need to keep in mind the very real possibility that the contingencies of geological change have erased forever some of the record of life in the past. The real reason this is not critical to the edifice of evolutionary theory is that the rest of the record suffices to demonstrate evolutionary change at gradual rates. And that “gradual” does not have a specific rate in mind.

Signature 

INVEST in cynicism!

Posted: 29 December 2006 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-26

In particular, we ought to marvel how MUCH paleontologists have been able to gather of evidence, and how good their theories are.

The fossilization process is something happening exceedingly rarely after all. Most biological material is degraded beyond recognition very quickly, that some of it leaves a graven image of itself for all posterity is a true wonder of nature..

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed