3 of 3
Northern CA (Bay Area) meeting/party?
Posted: 18 July 2006 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25
[quote author=“switch”]You know, TC, you could always just crash the party.  Step outside the box and show up with a bottle of Malort or something….

Would a Turley pino do? (only have to wait six months to get on the waiting list to wait 2 to 3 years to get in the wine club - if you’re lucky)

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 19 July 2006 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  402
Joined  2006-07-08

:D   It probably would TC, but I was refering to Malort.  A very, very bitter spirit sold by Jeppson.  I dunno If you can get it out there in Cali.  Their own ad states that 78% of all people who try it will never try it again.

I find that once you get used to it, It makes for a delightful digestif (which is what it was originally used for in the old country).

find out more at:

http://www.cocktaildb.com/ingr_detail?id=577

Signature 

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.

-James Joyce

Posted: 19 July 2006 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

[quote author=“switch”]:D   It probably would TC, but I was refering to Malort.  A very, very bitter spirit sold by Jeppson.  I dunno If you can get it out there in Cali.  Their own ad states that 78% of all people who try it will never try it again.

I find that once you get used to it, It makes for a delightful digestif (which is what it was originally used for in the old country).

find out more at:
http://www.cocktaildb.com/ingr_detail?id=577

Interesting Switch, will check it out. But with the rarity that I consume alcoholic beverages, I need to maximize the opportunities for enjoyment.

Check these guys out…..a waiting list to get on the mailing list. :-(

But they’re worth it! But its a secret for those in the “know.”

http://www.turleywinecellars.com/

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 20 July 2006 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-08

[quote author=“TheChampion”]
Check these guys out…..a waiting list to get on the mailing list. :-(

But they’re worth it! But its a secret for those in the “know.”

http://www.turleywinecellars.com/

I tried to go there, but there is now a waiting list to access their URL
:wink:

That must be some tasty pino

Signature 

-James Joyce

Posted: 26 July 2006 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2005-11-14

and?

how was the meeting?  pints of beer?  Cheese fries?  Celery sticks? Did Mia bring some of her amazing jewlery/art to show off (she makes amazing jewlery btw), any unruly and boistrous argumenation about small matters that only drunk persons care to discuss?  Solve the israel/hezbollah conflict?  Lampooning of political figureheads?  Was there a lap dance on the menu?  Did anyone get tossed out of the pub?  Did TheChampion distribute tracts and get spit upon? Or did one of you get converted by him? Sam Harris show up???

what?  Tell me!  I wanna know what I missed!

Noggin

Posted: 27 July 2006 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-08

I’m with the Noggster on this….
what happened?

did HS and Mud get into a streetfight?
did homunculus and Autochton leave thieir corner and drink beer with everyone else?
Did The Champ bring his guitar?  did he play zappa for everyone?
Did God and Jesus show up? what about their friend, the “spook”?

And, allthough I am not telepathic, I am sure that Frank made the pancakes in the morning whilst everyone slept.  (I am sure he used fresh blueberries too…)

Signature 

-James Joyce

Posted: 30 July 2006 04:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

After an initial possible meeting with 7 or 8 of us (not including the peanut gallery, of course), as the trip closed in it whittled its way down to three, then finally two (Homunculus and I). Dave is right here in the area I’m from, but when I arrived my social calendar completely filled up within a few days and I was trying to stuff extra things in as Plan Bs and Maybes. I’m flying back to Athens tomorrow—looking forward to getting some sleep!

So, maybe next year. I don’t think I’m going to let another 15 years go by without visiting home, so there may not be so much of a response next time . . . or the time after . . .

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 30 July 2006 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-08

[quote author=“SkepticX”]After an initial possible meeting with 7 or 8 of us (not including the peanut gallery, of course), as the trip closed in it whittled its way down to three, then finally two (Homunculus and I). Dave is right here in the area I’m from, but when I arrived my social calendar completely filled up within a few days and I was trying to stuff extra things in as Plan Bs and Maybes. I’m flying back to Athens tomorrow—looking forward to getting some sleep!

So, maybe next year. I don’t think I’m going to let another 15 years go by without visiting home, so there may not be so much of a response next time . . . or the time after . . .

Byron

If you ever wanna do one in the Midwest,  I have great contacts with many hotels and convention centers here in Chi-town.  I could do it on the most Cheapy-Cheap.
Plus, we’re in the middle.  Less far for everyone to travel to.  If Champers can’t fit his guitar in the overhead bin, I’ll lend him mine.  It’s a Gibson SG, tho….He better play some AC/DC.

Signature 

-James Joyce

3 of 3

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed