3 of 3
Intelligent Design
Posted: 30 May 2005 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

Most of us, I’m sure, support some organization or other, and perhaps more than one.  In my own case, I support two: AU, and the National Center for Science Education (www.ncseweb.org)

Last Thursday, my wife and I flew to San Francisco to attend her son’s wedding.  We stayed in a hotel right next to the CAL campus in Berkeley, and I had a bit of free time.  I took a cab over to the NCSE facility in Oakland, and was given a tour of the facility by the Deputy Director, Glenn Branch.  Many of the staff were there, including the Executive Director, Eugenie Scott, who graciously gave me a few minutes of her valuable time.

This post is a blatant attempt to suggest to any of you who are not aware of NCSE, or who may doubt that they are worthy of your support, that they are not only worthy of support, but very deserving, as well.  These few folks, with not very much of a budget, are fighting rather unpopular battles for my grandchildren’s education.  If you have not been to their site, you might consider giving them a look.  Thank you!

It was also very interesting for an old conservative like me to hike all over the Berkeley campus.  Lovely place!

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 30 May 2005 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  754
Joined  2005-01-03

[quote author=“hampsteadpete”]
It was also very interesting for an old conservative like me to hike all over the Berkeley campus.  Lovely place!

Pete, sounds like a worthwhile organization.

I can attest that there are lots of conservatives wandering around the Berkeley campus….......It’s just that most of them don’t know it yet!

In the early 60s, after graduating from one of the most “liberal” of liberal arts colleges in the country,  I lived for about a year in a $45/mo apartment above a bookstore on Telegraph Avenue in Berkeley, about 3 blocks from the UC campus.

I mostly read books, played guitar, banjo and pool, hung out with a bunch of leftist hippies, and tried hard not to work or attend grad school.

Then,…….the draft sort of “focused my mind”, I became an officer in the US Air Force, successfully defended the country against the commies during the Cuban Missile Crisis and deterred nuclear war as a SAC trained killer for 5 years…...... the rest is history.

Hence, my tag line!

Signature 

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful…..Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Roman (3 BC - 65 AD)

Posted: 30 May 2005 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

Conservative Atheist, why don’t you add the following to your tag line:

And if you don’t have faith in Jesus Christ, you’re lost.

wink

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 31 May 2005 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

[quote author=“TheChampion”]Conservative Atheist, why don’t you add the following to your tag line:

And if you don’t have faith in Jesus Christ, you’re lost.

wink

Yeah, and then put: Like the Champ.
rolleyes

3 of 3

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed