2 of 2
Canada Arrests Homegrown Radical Islamists
Posted: 14 June 2006 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2006-06-13

[quote author=“mudfoot”][quote author=“SpringC”]Incase you wanted to check out the news groups which I know covered the stories of muslims denouncing terrorists, they were CTV News and CBC News…sorry but I dont actually have links.

I’ll believe that muslims denounce terrorism as soon as Al Queda members get publically beheaded by their own people—until then, it’s just a phony show for naive westerners such as you who want to believe that islam is compatible with civilization.

What the hell?  It was claimed that someone had not heard of any male Islamists who denounced the radicals.  All I did was tell you that yes, there were some that had, and gave the sources from which I had seen them do this. 

I never said I believed them, never said I didnt.  How am I a naive westerner?  When did I say Islamic beliefs were compatible with western civilization?

And as for the other post in which I asked what the claims were based on, get your panties out of a bunch.  All I was asking was purely that.  I never said I was on either side of the issue, only wondering where you got the authority to make the claim.  Whether I agree with you or not was not stated.

Posted: 14 June 2006 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  424
Joined  2006-05-28

[quote author=“SpringC”]  All I was asking was purely that.  I never said I was on either side of the issue, only wondering where you got the authority to make the claim.  Whether I agree with you or not was not stated.

That post was directed to me…not this guy. My panties aren’t in a bunch, I just answered your question. Stop being so sensitive.

Posted: 14 June 2006 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2005-12-22

[quote author=“SpringC”][quote author=“mudfoot”][quote author=“SpringC”]Incase you wanted to check out the news groups which I know covered the stories of muslims denouncing terrorists, they were CTV News and CBC News…sorry but I dont actually have links.

I’ll believe that muslims denounce terrorism as soon as Al Queda members get publically beheaded by their own people—until then, it’s just a phony show for naive westerners such as you who want to believe that islam is compatible with civilization.

What the hell?  It was claimed that someone had not heard of any male Islamists who denounced the radicals.  All I did was tell you that yes, there were some that had, and gave the sources from which I had seen them do this. 

I never said I believed them, never said I didnt.  How am I a naive westerner?  When did I say Islamic beliefs were compatible with western civilization?

And as for the other post in which I asked what the claims were based on, get your panties out of a bunch.  All I was asking was purely that.  I never said I was on either side of the issue, only wondering where you got the authority to make the claim.  Whether I agree with you or not was not stated.

Sorry—I was shooting the messenger.  My sentiment still stands, except for the “like you” part.

Posted: 14 June 2006 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2006-06-13

Okay,
I realize that I might have directed my comments to the wrong person.  For that, I appologize, as I should have read more carefully who wrote what.

I belong to more than this forum and today for some reason I got alot of hate remarks from Christians and it tends to get a person a bit wirey, and I may have been unreasonable.  Again, sorry.

2 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed