1 of 3
What to do with North Korea?
Posted: 04 July 2006 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2006-05-08

IMO war must always be avoided at all costs.  as an atheist, i believe that wasting life is the worst thing immaginable.

i dont think there will ever be complete peace in the world so long as there are nuclear weapons around.

WTF…why can't we all get the f**k along?  why is NK doing this??

Posted: 04 July 2006 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26
[quote author=“Buddy”] why is NK doing this??

Because The Decider called them part of the “Axis of Evil.”

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 04 July 2006 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2005-12-22

North Korea has been working on a nuclear program for decades.

Their nuclear project was actively assisted by Clinton’s administration in the hopes that they would not become hostile.

Buddy—you would have acquiesced to Hitler, obviously, according to your stated beliefs.  Please reconsider your beliefs a bit, because I really don’t think you would have acquiesced—especially through hindsight.

Note—I voted for Clinton in ‘92, Nader in ‘96 and ‘00, and Kerry in ‘04.  Each election cycle I have donated time and money to candidates, usually democrats, who I supported.  But facts are facts—Clinton appeased North Korea, giving large sums of money *and* a nuclear reactor to them.  In return, North Korea promised to not pursue nuclear weapons development.  Guess what?  North Korea lied, and has been developing their nuclear capabilities the whole time.

Posted: 04 July 2006 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-26

I think a better thing to say would be to avoid “nuclear” war at all costs. Think of the millions that could die, after that the fallout.

North Korea wasnt hostile to us until Super W fueled the fire.

Signature 

Posted: 04 July 2006 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

[quote author=“mudfoot”]North Korea has been working on a nuclear program for decades.

Their nuclear project was actively assisted by Clinton’s administration in the hopes that they would not become hostile.

Buddy—you would have acquiesced to Hitler, obviously, according to your stated beliefs.  Please reconsider your beliefs a bit, because I really don’t think you would have acquiesced—especially through hindsight.

Buddy, first thing to remember is, its their fault, not America’s.

Secondly, stepping on a despot’s neck is better than cutting a deal with him, putting nuke technology under his nose.

Thirdly, if not for the US Military, you’d be speaking Chinese or Russian, while living in a hut with 30 other people, behind barbed wire.

Fourthly, a strong defense is required for stability.

I’M OUT. TIME FOR A BARBEQUE AND FIREWORKS AND SINGING PATRIOTIC SONGS AND LOVING MY COUNTRY AND PRAISING GOD AND HOT DOGS AND ALL KINDS OF GOOD STUFF!

See ya!

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 04 July 2006 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2005-12-22

Where have you been, rab?  North Korea has been hostile to the United States since 1950.  Are you going to blame Bush for that, too?

Posted: 04 July 2006 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-26

Why not? LOL

Signature 

Posted: 06 July 2006 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2005-11-14

Nuclear war—Japan—1943—utter devestation at Nagasaki, Hiroshima.

I can’t imagine North Korea forgetting world history.  They know our missles won’t misfire like theirs just did.  I think that North Korea is deranged.  But why?

I try to think of things from their perspective.  I mean, do you hear President Bush on the radio today and yesterday?  He is an idiot.  I can’t believe I voted for him once.  If I were a North Korean prime minister, I would be defiant too.  I am not sure how I would express it though. 

North Korea issued a recent statement declaring their sovereign status not bound by any international law.  That is the crazy part.  They signed agreements in the last decade that said they were bound. 

It’s a very strange display of a pissing match.  Perhaps this is their way of emphatically issuing an Up Yours! to the USA World Policeman Cheif Policy Maker Machine.

It’s fine for the United States to have nuclear missles pointed at major countries? We expect them to just trust us that we won’t fire away on a wild hair?  From that perspective, I can see another country growing tired of it.  Perhaps North Korea just wants us to experience what it feels like.  Russia is one thing (they were unstable and sketchy, sure) but this North Korea guy redefines the word Nut Job.

Noggin

Posted: 06 July 2006 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

Noggin, the bottom line is that North Korea is run by a nutcase. Otherwise, if the country were free and democratic, and if they do had a Decider like ours, who would make good economic decisions, like ours, then all of this would be a mute point.

The onus is on the nutcase in North Korea. I mean, what North Korean citizen would want to risk a fight with the US Military? Even the brain washed ones are probably smart enough to know that, heck, they’re already starving, simple sanctions are going to max out the already huge difficulties the average joe faces.

So, the best thing we can do is to step on that nutcases neck, if ya know what I mean. We should do like Reagan did. Send a few F-16s in with a subtle message (i.e., knock out a few of the nutcases personal residences, knock out a few missle installations, knock out a few buildings where they conduct missle and nuke experiments that the UN and the world at large currently fears).

That’s all. No big mystery what to do. Let’s hope our Decider continues to have the u-know-whats to do what he has to do.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 06 July 2006 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  872
Joined  2006-02-16

rab

North Korea wasnt hostile to us until Super W fueled the fire.

There have been tens of thousands of American, South and North Korean soldiers at the 38th parallel which divides South and North Korea since the cease fire in 1953. There has been no truce or peace treaty only a cessation of hostilities. Oddly George W. Bush was only 7 years old and it has been reported that he may not have been consulted by Eisenhower on what should be done. Apparently he was riding his bike at the time.

We could go in a different direction on this and assist North Korea with their missile program. They are having a problem with their missiles breaking up and we have solved this problem. We could send them one of ours as an example of how they work. It could be there in 45 minutes.  LOL

Posted: 07 July 2006 04:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-14

[quote author=“TheChampion”]
So, the best thing we can do is to step on that nutcases neck, if ya know what I mean. We should do like Reagan did. Send a few F-16s in with a subtle message (i.e., knock out a few of the nutcases personal residences, knock out a few missle installations, knock out a few buildings where they conduct missle and nuke experiments that the UN and the world at large currently fears).

Well put, TheChampion.  That tactic has my vote.  I’d like to see the Nut Job misbehave a few more times though before we took to the dirty work.  That way we might look better on the world stage.

We are in the middle of a bungled war with Iraq that practically nobody else in the world agrees was necessary.  Isn’t the last thing we need is for us to intensify that feeling?

I dont know, I feel like if we don’t gather general consensus/support on this one, things might blow up in our face.

I am listening to Bush on his public address right now:

Mr. President, can we afford to sustain war on three fronts right now?  Afganistan, Iraq and now North Korea.

(Careful Mr. President, the world is listening to what you have to say…)

Mr. President responds: Uhhhhhhhhhh

and then he talks in circles. 

Bush: “The choices are about the same choices, uhhhh, you know”...

Bush: ...long diatribe justifying what how we got involved in Iraq. 

Bush:“Their different words mean different things to different people the process is slow and cumbersome but your witnessing the diplomatic process” 

Bush: “I don’t accept your hypothetical questions”

Bush: If you want to solve a problem [with N. Korea] diplomatically you need workers, that’s all and China is a good candidate… blather blather.

Bush: I’m concerned about the children, I’m concerned about concentration camps

Mr. President: You labeled N. Korea as a part of the axis of evil, why shouldn’t americans label your policy as a failed one?

Bush: Hey—I’m just trying to get things done! This problem didn’t start over night… and, uhh, it’s not gonna get solved overnight.

Will someone please put a sock in his mouth?  The journalists sound more composed and polished than he does.

Noggin

Posted: 07 July 2006 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  318
Joined  2006-03-23

Noggin,

Couldn’t agree more.  I’m watching it as well.  What a blithering idiot!!!!

Posted: 07 July 2006 05:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

Had it on in the bedroom and in the living room so I could move about without missing a thing. I think he did great considering the “sourpuss reporter judge, jury, and executioner crowd” in front of him.

Signature 

Posted: 07 July 2006 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-14

[quote author=“TheChampion”]Had it on in the bedroom and in the living room so I could move about without missing a thing. I think he did great considering the “sourpuss reporter judge, jury, and executioner crowd” in front of him.

Last night w/ Larry King he did shine a little brighter than usual, I thought.  But this morning he metastasized back into an embarrassment.

Goes to show you I call a spade a spade.  I’ll give him credit when I can but—man he can sound unintelligent much of the time.

Noggin

Posted: 07 July 2006 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

[quote author=“Noggin”][quote author=“TheChampion”]Had it on in the bedroom and in the living room so I could move about without missing a thing. I think he did great considering the “sourpuss reporter judge, jury, and executioner crowd” in front of him.

Last night w/ Larry King he did shine a little brighter than usual, I thought.  But this morning he metastasized back into an embarrassment.

Goes to show you I call a spade a spade.  I’ll give him credit when I can but—man he can sound unintelligent much of the time.

Noggin

Noggin, he did great. What were you watching? Excerpts of the Daily Show?

One thing you can put down in your book, Clinton danced around and you never quite knew where he stood at times. But Bush will tell you what means and mean what he says. He’s so refreshing! I just love him. He’s certainly not the standard politician.

Signature 

Posted: 08 July 2006 02:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-26

Hey Champ,

Oh Yeah!!!

http://homokaasu.org/sect/images/53963.jpg

Signature 

1 of 3

‹‹ Pastor Gas      Sam Harris and Telepathy ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed