Hasidic Insanity
Posted: 16 July 2006 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-07-16

Hi All,
This is my first post. I was the victim of extreme cruellty by Lubavitcher Hasidim (sic). While i spent a number of months at their compound in Israel, I was victimized and even the target of criminal acts at their hands. If anyone else has recieved the wrath of these deranged individuals, i would be very interested in discussing this further. Thanks for listening. I loved Sam Harris's book.
phish

Posted: 17 July 2006 07:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

Could you explain who or what “Lubavitcher Hasidim” (sic) is? Is a jewish sect?

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 17 July 2006 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Joined  2006-07-16

Hi Rab,
Yes the Lubavitchers are a hasidic sect with headquarters in Brooklyn New York. They have a reputation among jews of being very open minded and liberal. They are anything but. They are intolerant religious fanatics. They do a lot of outreach and they are an insidious cancer in my opinioin. Unfortunately, they continue to influence many orthodox jews. thanks for the reply, hope we can talk some more.
phish

Posted: 20 July 2006 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  402
Joined  2006-07-08

I would be interested to hear exactly what they did to you.  Are you Hasidim?  How did you get involved with them if you are not?  They are not really an open sect, you know.

Though they are stuck culturaly in 19th century Russia,  They seem fairly open minded people in most things, excepting their faith.

Signature 

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.

-James Joyce

Posted: 21 July 2006 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Joined  2006-07-16

I am not Hasidic myself. I became involved with the Lubavitchers because unlike the other Hasidim, who are very insular, the lubavitchers actively proseletyze and try hard to get converts. They invited me to their community in Israel, and then proceded to systematically persecute and slander me. This persecution culminated with their commiting criminal acts against me, such as poisening me and making me become extremely ill on several occasions. Why i remained there as long as i did is another story which i shall not get into now. The main reason they hated me so passionately, was that i disagreed with their philosphy on religious grounds. This drives them absoluetly mad. Tell them that they are not the true holders of the flame of Judaism and they go bezerk. They are extremely self-righteous and hypocritical. If any others have had experiences with them, i would be interested in hearing.

Posted: 22 July 2006 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-08

Hi phish, and Welcome to our little forum.

I did not know that the Lubavitchers proseletyzed.  I knew that they were a bit weird and very insular, but I didn’t know that.  That, to me, is strange.  One thing I always liked about the jewish faith was that they are the one “people of the book” who do not proseletyze.  I mean, why would they?  It’s not like christianity, where you have to save everyone in the world before the Eschaton can rear its ugly head.

I know you don’t wanna get into the story now, but I invite you to tell it.  Poisioned?  Persecuted?  lemme hear it.  I just wanna know what happened.  Especially ‘cuz it happened at the hands of those who are not christians.

Signature 

-James Joyce

Posted: 16 September 2006 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2006-06-01

Having grown up on NYC many moons ago and being a secular ‘Jew’ I remember those wacky orthodox Jews on sabbath..waiting for me to press the elevator button…because they were not allowed to do work…sure enough I took the piss out of them a few times and waited 15 minutes to press the button and getting evil glares all the while…and they were stuck since they could neither walk up the stairs…funny folks… raspberry

Signature 

Get with it. Millions of galaxies of hundreds of millions of stars, and a speck on one in a blink. That’s us, lost in space. The cop, you, me… Who notices?
-Vincent

Posted: 20 September 2006 03:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-08
[quote author=“stardusk”]Having grown up on NYC many moons ago and being a secular ‘Jew’ I remember those wacky orthodox Jews on sabbath..waiting for me to press the elevator button…because they were not allowed to do work…sure enough I took the piss out of them a few times and waited 15 minutes to press the button and getting evil glares all the while…and they were stuck since they could neither walk up the stairs…funny folks… raspberry

To whom this may offend:
IT’S A JOKE!

*ahem*

A hassidim walks into a bar with a singing frog on his shoulder.  The frog is singing “Pagliacci”.

The bartender’s eyes pop out.  He tells the man, “wow, buddy,  That’s really cool!  Where the heck did you get that thing?”

“Brooklyn!” says the frog, “They seem to be everywhere!”

:D

Signature 

-James Joyce

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed