1 of 2
The Verdict is In!
Posted: 11 March 2005 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

The Verdict as to whether Jesus was the Christ is in! It appears that YES, Jesus was the Christ.

Did Jesus exist?

Yes, there are a variety of historical references to him. He existed.

Was he crucified?

Yes, that was the method the Romans used to execute people, this is supported by historical references.

Was he raised from the dead?
Yes, it is the only explanation as to why the disciples would continue the movement while under threat of death from the Jewish authorities. Only if it were true, they would continue.

Is he returning to the earth?
Yes, the fact that he existed is supported by numerous OT references, which he fulfilled. The uncanny amount of fulfilled prophesies would easily lead a statistician to conclude that the remaining part about a King ruling on the earth, would also be true.

Is there a God?
Yes, just look around you. Think matter created itself? Think matter would evolve into a complex human by itself? Case closed.

How old is the earth?
Only God truly knows. Does it matter in the long run?

Ladies and gentleman, the verdict is in!

Jesus Christ is Lord of all and offers salvation to the masses.

(no more discussion required on the subject, only discussion on conversion and the like…)

Posted: 11 March 2005 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

Well, I guess that settles that!  I, for one am convinced.

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 11 March 2005 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2005-03-07

Champion,
You continue to dodge the question.  I don’t care if Hell is a bathroom and Satan is a winged red bar of soap.  I am only concerned with the crime and punishment ratio. I am trying to find out exactly what you believe.  Don’t you think that is resonable considering the possible consequences?

I’ll make it easy for you and for all of us.  Just please answer true or false to the following questions.  No elaborations are needed.  Leave any blank that Christians don’t know the answer to.

1.Hell was created for Satan and his angels by God.

2.People’s souls will be tormented by Satan if they fail to meet God’s standards for life in heaven.

3.People’s souls will be tormented, but not by Satan, if they fail to meet God’s standards for life in heaven.

4.The length of time of the torment for failing to meet God’s standards for life in heaven is eternal.

5.The length of time of the torment for failing to meet God’s standards for life in heaven is limited.

6.The torment of souls in Hell can be described a continuous horrible anguish.

7.The torment of souls in Hell can be described as mildly unpleasent.

8.The torment of souls in Hell can be described as continuous intense pain as bad as or worse than anything our earthly bodies could experience.

9.The age of the individual at his/her death is considered before God damns a soul to Hell.

10.The age of the individual at his/her death is not considered before God damns a soul to Hell.

11.No one who dies before the age of 18 will be damned to Hell.

12.No one who dies before the age of 14 will be damned to Hell.

13.No one who dies before the age of 10 will be damned to Hell.

14.No one who dies before the age of 5 will be damned to Hell.

15.There are only two places souls may be sent to after death; Heaven or Hell.

16.Unrepentant homosexuality is enough of a sin to be sent to Hell.

17.Unrepentant worship of Allah is enough of a sin to be sent to Hell.

18.Unrepentant worship of any God other than The Champion’s God is enough of a sin to be sent to Hell.

19.Not believing that Jesus is the Son of God is enough of a sin to be sent to Hell.

20.Doubting that Jesus is the Son of God is enough of a sin to be sent to Hell.

21.Having never heard of Jesus is enough of a sin to be sent to Hell.

22.Not loving God is enough of a sin to be sent to Hell.

23.Not loving Jesus is enough of a sin to be sent to Hell.

24.Unrepentant smoking is enough of a sin to be sent to Hell.

25.Drinking 6 beers every night is enough of a sin to be sent to Hell.

26.It is possible there are souls as young as the age of 2 suffering in Hell.

27.It is possible there are souls as young as the age of 8 suffering in Hell.

28.It is possible there are souls as young as the age of 14 suffering in Hell.

29.God’s love is perfect.

30.God’s love is sometimes replaced with anger.

31.I believe God’s justice is perfect.

32.God’s justice makes sense to me.

33.God’s justice seems a little harsh at times.

34.I can understand why some sinful souls need to be tormented forever.

35.Knowing that souls are being tormented for billions of years for 60 years of earthly sin seems reasonable to me.

36.A person may not have killed anyone or even ever seriously physically hurt anyone yet they may still deserve to go to Hell.

37.A person may not have killed anyone or even ever seriously physically hurt anyone, love his/her parents, children and fellow humans, and yet may still deserve to go to Hell.

38.A person may not have killed anyone or even ever seriously physically hurt anyone, love his/her parents, children and fellow humans, try throughout his/her life to help others and yet may still deserve to go to Hell.

39.A soul in heaven will be unbothered by the torment of souls in hell even if that soul in hell was a former son, daughter, brother, sister, father or mother, wife, or husband.

40.Knowing your children are being tormented for billions of years in hell (if thats where they were sent by God) will not weaken your love of god or diminish the bliss of heaven if that is your reward.

This isn’t a test.  We all just need to have some answers to these specific questions.  Remember, only True and False answers.  I will read any elaborations you write later in future posts only if you answer these questions as I have asked. Anything else and I will believe you are a coward and have not really looked deeply onto your heart, mind and Bible for the answers to a Godly life.
Thank You.

Posted: 13 March 2005 01:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Joined  2005-03-07

I wonder if The Champion has been attending an evangelical church service at a suburban Milwaukee hotel…or if he’s just run away once the questions get faith threatening.

Posted: 13 March 2005 02:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2005-02-12

Champ

Please cite the historical references that prove that Jesus existed.
Please cite the published archeological evidence that supports your sited references.

It may not have occurred to you so I’ll try to explain

The historical fact that the Romans used crucifixion to execute people does not prove that there was a Jesus and that this Jesus was crucified by the Romans.

“Was he raised from the dead?  Yes, it is the only explanation as to why the disciples would continue the movement under threat of death from the Jewish authorities.”

I can think of another explanation.  How about they made it all up?

Is there a God?
Yes, just look around you. Think matter created itself? Think matter would evolve into a complex human by itself? Case closed.”

Obviously closed for to you closed mind. 

Tom

Yes, Champ has run away.
Check out my post in the “The problem with science” Page 2 Feb. 22, 2005

Ray

Posted: 13 March 2005 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Joined  2005-03-07

Champion, I want you to go down to the police station and tell the officer in charge that you think its a perfect, righteous and loving idea to inflict years of horrible suffering on Muslim children, all smokers and all homosexuals.  See what happens.  Show him scriptures to prove it.  Be very insistent please.  I bet you could convince some of them.

Posted: 14 March 2005 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  106
Joined  2004-12-21

http://members.cox.net/deleyd/religion/bacchus.jpg

Oh, oh.  That’s not Jesus (300 AD) but Osiris (Greek Orpheus Bacchus).  Oops, Osiris was resurrected, too.  Oops, Osiris was said to “have entered the mountain and exited with his soul shining and being ‘white with heat’”.

I think I heard there was another “deity” who has very similar attributes.

JL

Posted: 14 March 2005 04:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1229
Joined  2004-12-22

It’s long been known that one of the reason Christianity spread so easily was it was not that far removed from other religous traditions of the day and it appealed to the poor and those without power over their own lives, mostly women.

Many Greek heros and minor Gods were fathered by a God, and there are more than one “immaculate conception” in the mythology of our species.

There is also more than one “rising from the Dead” and many “miracles” particulary of curing diseases in the collective mythology.

Posted: 14 March 2005 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

I have another question. My memory is a bit foggy on this but didn’t they lay Jesus’s body in a cave and roll a big boulder into the opening to seal it? When they returned the boulder had been rolled away and the body was missing. My question is this, why would God have to roll the boulder out of the way, he could just wisk the body right to heaven, I mean He is all-powerful right?

Posted: 14 March 2005 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1229
Joined  2004-12-22

Blue, Jesus did not ascend directly after his resurrection.

His ascension to heaven came much later, after he appeared to the apostles.

Posted: 04 April 2005 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

[quote author=“TheChampion”]The Verdict as to whether Jesus was the Christ is in! It appears that YES, Jesus was the Christ.

Did Jesus exist?

Yes, there are a variety of historical references to him. He existed.

Was he crucified?

Yes, that was the method the Romans used to execute people, this is supported by historical references.

Was he raised from the dead?
Yes, it is the only explanation as to why the disciples would continue the movement while under threat of death from the Jewish authorities. Only if it were true, they would continue.

Is he returning to the earth?
Yes, the fact that he existed is supported by numerous OT references, which he fulfilled. The uncanny amount of fulfilled prophesies would easily lead a statistician to conclude that the remaining part about a King ruling on the earth, would also be true.

Is there a God?
Yes, just look around you. Think matter created itself? Think matter would evolve into a complex human by itself? Case closed.

How old is the earth?
Only God truly knows. Does it matter in the long run?

Ladies and gentleman, the verdict is in!

Jesus Christ is Lord of all and offers salvation to the masses.

(no more discussion required on the subject, only discussion on conversion and the like…)

I hate to make someone feel bad but here goes….

Did Nessie of Loch Ness exist?

Yes, there are many historical references to the Loch Ness monster

Was he seen?

Yes, many many people saw the Loch Ness monster

He was never killed so this does not apply.

He never left Earth so this also does not apply.

Is there a Loch Ness monster?

Yes. just look around the water! You think nothing swims in there!

How old is earth?

Not sure why this was even mentioned.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the verdict is in!

The Loch Ness monster (Nessie) of The great glen is the lord of Loch Ness and offers salvation to the masses!

I provided just as much proof as you did yet you will probably shun my beliefs on Nessie like the big mean christian that you are grin

Posted: 04 April 2005 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

I need to register this name soon….

but that was me

syn ack

Posted: 04 April 2005 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Oh, you talking about Christians? The ones who are commanded to do good works, like feeding the poor, clothing the naked, etc., etc. If you look past your liberal faith/theology, and look out across the earth. Who is out there doing good works? I tell you, the army of God is out there on the mission field, doing good works. Not only the mission field, but in the inner cities of our country. Not only the inner cities, but in the suburbs as well. They’re everywhere.

That the big mean Christians you talking about?

(Funny, but how many liberals do you know are out in Africa feeding and educating the poor? Oh yes, they do send a check every now and then, but God can’t cash out of state checks in heaven. He needs you.)

Posted: 04 April 2005 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2005-04-04

Just like the fundamentalist muslims are doing god’s will by flying planes into buildings?

Posted: 04 April 2005 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

You see, the Christian feels that God’s will is revealed in the bible. So the bible is an instruction book. From what I can gather in the bible, it says do unto others as you would have them do unto you. So I guess, Christians are constrained from doing certain activities.

It also talks a lot about good works. Not just sending a check, but doing it yourself (and we all need work in this area). But I will send a check and let somebody else do it, if they want, sure! But the good thing about works is that we don’t do them to be saved (we’re already saved by Jesus blood shed on the cross), we do them because we’re saved!

So for the Christian, God directs him down a path that makes him pray for his enemies, turn the other cheek, feed the hungry, cloth the naked, give money to the poor, etc. That is the path set for us Christians. Oh, and he wants us to preach the Gospel to the lost, make disciples of all nations, then the end will come.

Posted: 04 April 2005 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

[quote author=“TheChampion”]You see, the Christian feels that God’s will is revealed in the bible. “

Here is another quote from TheChamp:

“Quote:
TheChampion wrote:
Don’t go by feelings. They come and go, like the wind. “

Do you really know what you are saying Champ?
I can sympathize with the others in that they get very frustrated trying to reason with you.
To most of what you write I have one response. A response that many men are trained to use when dealing with their nagging yapping narrow minded wives (if they have such wives). AND THE ANSWER IS…...

-yes dear-

1 of 2

‹‹ THE END OF FAITH      The Root ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed