The Champ
Posted: 11 September 2006 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-09-11

I have a couple questions - is this site moderated?

And if so, why has The Champ not been banned?

It's pretty clear that he is only here to stir up trouble, to incite flames and recite talking points. Honest inquiry and discussion is not on his agenda. In short, he is a troll of the first order.

These forums are littered everywhere with his posts, his responses to other poster's dialogue are often nonsensical.

I ask you, what does he bring to this forum?

Has he become the lovable troll, the comic relief? I am less and less amused every time I see a Champ post which derails an otherwise interesting discussion.

Should a person who barely acknowledges the other people in the conversation be privy to the discussion?

Posted: 11 September 2006 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

[quote author=“Zen Punk”]It’s pretty clear that he is only here to stir up trouble, to incite flames and recite talking points. Honest inquiry and discussion is not on his agenda. In short, he is a troll of the first order.

Yo Punk, make my day….

[quote author=“Zen Punk”]These forums are littered everywhere with his posts, his responses to other poster’s dialogue are often nonsensical. I ask you, what does he bring to this forum?

I bring liberty in Christ. You know in your heart of hearts you need it. I represent the “other” side. From the wrong side of the athesitic tracks, if you may.

[quote author=“Zen Punk”]I am less and less amused every time I see a Champ post which derails an otherwise interesting discussion.

Zen Punk: [everyone on the forum laughing out loud] You’re a pistol TheChampion, you’re really funny. You’re really funny.

TheChampion: What do you mean I’m funny?

Zen Punk: It’s funny, you know. It’s a good story, it’s funny, you’re a funny guy. [laughs]

TheChampion: what do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?

Zen Punk: It’s just, you know. You’re just funny, it’s… funny, the way you tell the story and everything.

TheChampion: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What’s funny about it?

Sam Harris: TheChampion no, You got it all wrong.

TheChampion: Oh, oh, Sam. He’s a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?

Zen Punk: Jus…

TheChampion: What?

Zen Punk: Just… ya know… you’re funny.

TheChampion: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it’s me, I’m a little messed up maybe, but I’m funny how, I mean funny like I’m a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I’m here to amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Zen Punk: [everybody is quiet] Just… you know, how you tell the story, what?

TheChampion: No, no, I don’t know, you said it. How do I know? You said I’m funny. How the heck am I funny, what the heck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what’s funny!

Zen Punk: [long pause] Get the heck out of here, TheChampion!

TheChampion: [everyone laughs] Ya dirtbag! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering creep ya. Sammy, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Zen Punk. You may fold under questioning.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 11 September 2006 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2338
Joined  2006-02-19

Champ
You are still the king. One more punk down for the count

Posted: 11 September 2006 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  950
Joined  2006-06-26

[quote author=“Zen Punk”]I have a couple questions - is this site moderated?

And if so, why has The Champ not been banned?

It’s pretty clear that he is only here to stir up trouble, to incite flames and recite talking points. Honest inquiry and discussion is not on his agenda. In short, he is a troll of the first order.

These forums are littered everywhere with his posts, his responses to other poster’s dialogue are often nonsensical.

I ask you, what does he bring to this forum?

Has he become the lovable troll, the comic relief? I am less and less amused every time I see a Champ post which derails an otherwise interesting discussion.

Should a person who barely acknowledges the other people in the conversation be privy to the discussion?

All of what you say is true.
Long ago I learned that there is no bigger pain in the ass than a born again christian.

Don’t be too hard on TC, judging from his behavior here he can’t have any friends besides a few other zealot fundies. Even thought he thinks himself funny, no one here thinks he is, they all just think it’s sad to see such a hopelessly deluded little man trying to get attention the only way he can.

Just ignore him, he’s just a troll trying to see how many posts he can get his counter up to. Never respond to him, directly, only refer to him in the third party. Never respond to his posts. Just pretend he is invisible, he’s not even there. His strategy is to derail the topic with a bunch of scriptural balony and steer the topic off into the direction he wants. Just ignore him. He obviously has some kind of inadequacy he is trying to make up for. A sad man, a sad little man. A while back I compared him to the uncultured oaf that farts in an elevator full of people. It’s not funny at all, and it’s not polite.

One thing that you might remember though is that we will have the last laugh. We all know that when he dies, he’ll be really pissed when he wakes up dead, and not in heaven.

Signature 

“We have it recorded in a book called the Bible.”

To be blunt, the Bible records all manner of silly shit.

Posted: 11 September 2006 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-09-11

[quote author=dlsmith]
We all know that when he dies, he’ll be really pissed when he wakes up dead, and not in heaven.

A funny sort of notion - how does one wake up dead?  :wink:

Any ways, I come here from the Something Awful forums, which has a huge readership and is very heavily moderated. Somebody like champ would be banned by his third post over there.

I haven’t really posted here much, but I find the quality and depth of discussion fascinating to read - and it would be all the more enjoyable if Champ weren’t here.

To try and head off at the pass any objections beleivers here might make, this has nothing to do with not wanting to have my own views challenged - it’s simply a matter of maintaining intellectual honesty and civil discourse, which any polite person can see TC cannot do, be they Christian or no.

His presence here is overwhelming and he seems to bring nothing to the table. What good is the concept of conversational intolerance if your challenges to another’s views are not even acknowledged?

Presumably there is someone on the forum with the power to ban, so I wanted to poll the intelligent members of the community on what they see justifies TC’s continued presence here.

Posted: 12 September 2006 02:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  950
Joined  2006-06-26

[quote author=“Zen Punk”]
Presumably there is someone on the forum with the power to ban, so I wanted to poll the intelligent members of the community on what they see justifies TC’s continued presence here.

The forum adminstrator has the power to ban posters, and has in the past. If enough members complained to him about TC, I’m sure he would be told to either tone it down or be banned.

There is also the option available to ignore posts from certain members.

Here is the link:  Ignore

One of the aims of this board is to encourage dicussion and exchange of ideas, even those from deluded, self centered, obnoxious, insecure, fundamentalist christian knowitalls. I just find it easier to ignore TC than to try to engage him in an intelligently honest exchange, because he has repeatedly demonstrated that that will never happen. He is incapable of rational and reasoned exchanges. If everyone just ignores him, eventually he will tire of not getting attention and leave. Problem solved.

Just ignore him. He isn’t worth the time and effort it would take to get him banned.

Signature 

“We have it recorded in a book called the Bible.”

To be blunt, the Bible records all manner of silly shit.

Posted: 12 September 2006 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

Who loves ya baby? I do. That’s right.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 12 September 2006 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2006-07-24

I think Champ is a rude awakening that people in america really are this deluded.  Seeing the type of responses Champs has given reaffirms how badly Relgion has stopped critical thinking and Reason. Look at some responses Champ has given, especially in the Science forum. It is quite clear he is Intellectual dishonest, and is not looking for any reasonable discussion. It is almost narcissistic. how he posts his religious beliefs even when the topic had nothing to do with it.

Everytime you see Champion post, counter him intellectually. I find that makes him leave the thread and never comeback. It is only when one insults him, or his religion which gives him an incentive to post. When there is an intellectual conversation going on, champion wants no part of it. If this fails just ignore him.  smile.

Posted: 12 September 2006 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  485
Joined  2006-08-24
[quote author=“woostopalypse”]It is quite clear he is Intellectual dishonest, and is not looking for any reasonable discussion. It is almost narcissistic.

Almost? How about wholly narcissistic? In what way is religion anything besides narcissism?

Posted: 13 September 2006 01:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

[quote author=“woostopalypse”]I think Champ is a rude awakening that people in america really are this deluded.

I think Champ’s a pretty extreme example, but I also think his viral “thinking” patterns are, for lack of a better way to put it, the goal of faith. So I guess we could say Champ is an indicator species, intellectually speaking.

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 13 September 2006 03:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-09-13

Champ is one of the reasons why I’m so cynical.

Posted: 16 September 2006 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

[quote author=“TheChampion”]Zen Punk: [everyone on the forum laughing out loud] You’re a pistol TheChampion, you’re really funny. You’re really funny.

TheChampion: What do you mean I’m funny?

Zen Punk: It’s funny, you know. It’s a good story, it’s funny, you’re a funny guy. [laughs]

TheChampion: what do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?

Zen Punk: It’s just, you know. You’re just funny, it’s… funny, the way you tell the story and everything.

TheChampion: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What’s funny about it?

Sam Harris: TheChampion no, You got it all wrong.

TheChampion: Oh, oh, Sam. He’s a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?

Zen Punk: Jus…

TheChampion: What?

Zen Punk: Just… ya know… you’re funny.

TheChampion: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it’s me, I’m a little messed up maybe, but I’m funny how, I mean funny like I’m a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I’m here to amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Zen Punk: [everybody is quiet] Just… you know, how you tell the story, what?

TheChampion: No, no, I don’t know, you said it. How do I know? You said I’m funny. How the heck am I funny, what the heck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what’s funny!

Zen Punk: [long pause] Get the heck out of here, TheChampion!

TheChampion: [everyone laughs] Ya dirtbag! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering creep ya. Sammy, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Zen Punk. You may fold under questioning.

Can’t believe nobody picked up on that scene from Goodfellas, one of the best gangster movies ever. What a bunch of geeks on this forum.

Signature 

Posted: 16 September 2006 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2807
Joined  2005-04-29

Champ, who pays attention to General Discussion? One of my assistants has an intern who has a plumber who attends to checking to see if anything of interest is going on in this section. Actually, the bit would have worked better if you’d brought in more characters. The new guy, deldo-something might have roughed up gentle-spirited unsmoked, for instance.

Stay with the movie humor, by all means, Champ. It completely trumps your JC bullshit. Just move to another section so everyone can see what you’re doing.

Signature 

Philosophy may in no way interfere with the actual use of language; it can in the end only describe it. For it cannot give it any foundations either. It leaves everything as it is.
Ludwig Wittgenstein

‹‹ Dane Cook - Viscious Circle      Jesus Camp ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed