Spinach, stingrays, and atheists
Posted: 15 September 2006 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2006-09-11

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/meatball4u/demonized.jpg

I got a little bored, so I did something creative!

I saw today's headline about spinached laced with E-coli, and I immedately thought about the fear people would have now because of it.  Same thing goes for stingrays after Steve Irwin's tragic death, and most obviously, atheists!

EDIT:  WOA, sorry about the sizing issues!!  I'll try and fix that

Posted: 15 September 2006 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  485
Joined  2006-08-24

[quote author=“Tomcat”]
I got a little bored, so I did something creative!

Nice! A little temporal, but nice. As Popeye sez, “I salutes it!” In a week, we will have forgotten all about stingrays and spinach.

Remember, more people have been killed by Corvette Stingrays than by swimming ones.

Posted: 19 September 2006 11:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2168
Joined  2005-11-15

Very nice work, Tomcat. If it ever becomes feasible to put this type of wake-up-call ad in major magazines, you’ll be the go-to guy for sharp graphics wink.

Signature 

Welcome to Planet Earth, where Belief masquerades as Knowledge!

This way to the Unasked Questions—->
<—- This way to the Unquestioned Answers

Posted: 20 September 2006 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2006-09-19

Wouldnt it be great to run a nationwide billboard campaign . smile

Posted: 20 September 2006 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2006-08-16
[quote author=“letsunite”]Wouldnt it be great to run a nationwide billboard campaign . smile

It should copy the white-lettering-on-black “God” billboards. I suggest these.

“I don’t exist. No, really.” - God

“The universe is a really cool place. Dig it and stop killing each other in my name.” - God

“Look, I’m just gonna say this once. Richard Dawkins is right.” - God

“That whole Flying Spaghetti Monster (TM) thing would totally crack me up. If I really existed, that is. Which I don’t. Got it?” - God

“Televangelists are conmen. All of them. Without question. I don’t even exist, and I know not to trust anyone who wears that much hair gel.” - God

“I liked KirK Cameron much better when he was on ‘Growing Pains.’ Now I just want to slap him. If I existed. Which I don’t.” - God

Posted: 20 September 2006 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1229
Joined  2004-12-22

how much would it actually cost to do that?

Say about as much national coverage as “got milk?” had…

and what would be a good time of year?  Xmas probably ideal, but also maybe more expensive….

And shouldn’t we have a cover organization to take the heat..err protests… err bombings?

Posted: 21 September 2006 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Joined  2006-09-19

[“I don’t exist. No, really.” - God

Nice, I can see it now. How refreshing it would be to know that our voice was being put out there big & bold. I actually live near a town where the sign as you enter says Welcome to———Come to church with us this Sunday. Unbelievable !! Or i guess ,sadly so, too believable.
We have church groups advertising in papers, knocking on doors, doing billboards. radio, Tv. They think nothing of relaying their beliefs in casual conversation at the grocery store. Putting on fairs and functions for fundraisers and outlets to pass along propaganda. ARRRGH !! Then we are villafied for having a reasonable , factual thought process and are open enough to see the massive negative effects of their practices on the entire world….... I digress . Its upsetting and the 21st century and I want to think that somehow we can make a difference. Anyhow, thanks to everyone contributing to the dialogue in this site . LOL

Posted: 21 September 2006 02:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1229
Joined  2004-12-22

I think we should do it…raise the money and just do it…

Lets start in Kansas, and move south and east = )

Maybe it will at least get those people who when polled say “yes I believe in god” to feel free to say “nah, I don’t really, I just said that cause it’s the socially accepted answer”.

Posted: 21 September 2006 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Rank
Joined  2006-09-19

I am so for that. I think the biggest roadblock we would encounter (besides the funds) would be the owners of potential billboards and their beliefs and or willingness to stir the pot with reason. I am going to make a few phone calls in my area.

Posted: 21 September 2006 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2006-09-11

Let me know what you find.  I’d be glad to search around my area as well.  I’ll be sure to keep my creative juices flowing for just the right message to put up there…

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed