7 of 64
Evolution takes a beating, live coast to coast!
Posted: 03 April 2005 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2005-04-02

[quote author=“TC’s Friend”]
One question for all of you? who do you want on your side? God Creator of heavan and earth? or, his fallen angel who continues to try to take over, but knows he cannot, and uses us humans against each other. I know my choice.

Your god doesn’t sound like the omnipotent superbeing we are supposed to believe he is. Apparently your god has nothing better to do than to choose sides in the petty squabbles of his professed followers. The god you speak of sounds more like a mascot that you parade around on a leash.

I would think that the creator of the universe would have an agenda of his own and would expect his true followers to take his side, regardless of their personal feelings. Not the other way around. I understand that Abraham Lincoln said something to that effect.

- Bulldog

Posted: 04 April 2005 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

One question for all of you? who do you want on your side? God Creator of heavan and earth? or, his fallen angel who continues to try to take over, but knows he cannot, and uses us humans against each other. I know my choice.

I have a question for you. Would you rather have all of the knowledge of humankind that existed up until and including the time of the creation of the Bible? Or would you rather have all of the knowledge we have gained since then?

- Bulldog

Posted: 04 April 2005 05:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-02

Sorry, I forgot to log in before.

I have a question for you. Would you rather have all of the knowledge of humankind that existed up until and including the time of the creation of the Bible? Or would you rather have all of the knowledge we have gained since then?

- Bulldog

Posted: 04 April 2005 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

[quote author=“TheChampion”]Where are the bones? Where are the bones? Where are the bones?

The fossil record is a sham, a paper tiger in the effort to discredit creationism. In reality, you intellectuals and scientists, you probably sit in an empty office fretting about the fossil record and what the missing links truly mean. I can just see the beads of sweat across the brow….“doggone it, maybe these religous nuts are right afterall, maybe I have been wrong all my life, maybe I need a savior, maybe all my wonderful scientific work actually compliments intelligent design…”

Don’t fret, don’t regret, get a clean slate and when doing it, don’t be late. Repent and be baptized for the remission of you sins. God will do the rest.

This thread might be dead but I wanted to add…. that

Champ- just because the lack of evidence exists for evolutionism does not create a compelling evidence of creationism.

(just got Sam’s book, love it so far)

Posted: 04 April 2005 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

We got 33% or more of the planet that says Creationism is correct. I’ll side with them. (Even if it were less than 1/10th of 1 %, I’d still side with em, once you’ve been touched by Jesus, you’re never the same.)

Posted: 04 April 2005 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2005-04-04
[quote author=“TheChampion”]We got 33% or more of the planet that says Creationism is correct. I’ll side with them. (Even if it were less than 1/10th of 1 %, I’d still side with em, once you’ve been touched by Jesus, you’re never the same.)

OK , now I think that you are either a troll or you are crazy.

Your personal experiences do not prove creationism.

Posted: 04 April 2005 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Yes they do.

Posted: 04 April 2005 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]  
Rank
Joined  2005-04-04
[quote author=“TheChampion”]Yes they do.

How?

Posted: 04 April 2005 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Ok, it is through faith. (Happy now?)

Posted: 04 April 2005 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]  
Rank
Joined  2005-04-04
[quote author=“TheChampion”]Ok, it is through faith. (Happy now?)

let us define faith for a moment:

“Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.”

or you can take this definition

“2 a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust”

I’m sure I can dig up more definitions. 

Faith does not prove creationism

Posted: 04 April 2005 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

I bet you have every definition except the one found in the bible, which is equal to none. Funny how that works. I expect you’ll be asking me where it is found, ha. grin

Don’t worry, I’m used to intellectuals asking for directions on biblical matters.

Posted: 04 April 2005 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1453
Joined  2005-01-22

TChamp - looks like someone’s got you cornered again, and your response is merely a bad and stale joke . . .  and NO - no one wants to hear about the biblical definition of faith, that definition is as irrelvant as is most of the rest of that wretched text.

By the way, have you really been touched by Jesus?  I strongly believe that touching between two males is a sin in the bible, are you sure you wouldn’t prefer a different way of putting that.  Well, you do claim to love Jesus with all your heart, don’t you TChamp? Hmmm,  you know between all the loving and touching going on here, your reunion with Christ in the afterlife is beginning to sound a lot like a heavenly Sodom and Gomorrah.  What’s with all that?

Bob

Signature 

It’s definitely a moon! . . . and now it’s become a sunflower!

Posted: 05 April 2005 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-02
[quote author=“TheChampion”]Ok, it is through faith. (Happy now?)

I know that evolution is true and correct for the same reason. Faith.
I also know that Charles Darwin existed and personally wrote the book.

TC, come join us and throw off the chains that bind you to the assertions of men who lived in a time of ignorance and superstition! Free yourself from your self-induced bondage! Once you have been touched by the words of Charles Darwin, you will be freed from the shackles of the flat-earth way of thinking.

It is the only way to achieve your salvation!

- Bulldog

Posted: 05 April 2005 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

I’m sure this question has been addressed already but I’d like to throw it out there again. The purpose of life for the ones who have faith in God seems to be to live for God, in that we were created to live for enernity with God, and that our brief stay on earth is our ultimate test of worthiness to continue to live for eternity.  The implications of this seems rather impossible to believe to me.
The alternative, science, seems to make one conclude thus far that our only purpose is to procreate and evolve. Evolve doesn’t just mean to adapt to our surroundings, but to learn as much as we can about our existence. So our purpose doesn’t focus on individual purposes, rather, a purpose as a species, or even broader, as a life form. We accumulate knowledge, pass on our genes and die, or, pass into non-existence. IS THIS SO BAD? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PURPOSE?

Our purpose is more clearly defined with science. The believing that we have individual purposes to live forever with God seems to be a very powerful soother to the seemingly selfish fears of death or of not being in control of our destiny. I hate to say this, but I’m thinking religion is a great illusion, or deception if you will.
Who agrees? Who disagrees?

Posted: 05 April 2005 03:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-02

[quote author=“fencesitter”]
The alternative, science, seems to make one conclude thus far that our only purpose is to procreate and evolve. Evolve doesn’t just mean to adapt to our surroundings, but to learn as much as we can about our existence. So our purpose doesn’t focus on individual purposes, rather, a purpose as a species, or even broader, as a life form. We accumulate knowledge, pass on our genes and die, or, pass into non-existence. IS THIS SO BAD? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PURPOSE?

This is very well put. Our purpose in life is to ensure that our children are healthy and thrive. What higher or more worthy purpose could there be?

It so happens that this is the first “commandment” of evolution, recognized by Darwin as the strongest instinct we have and the driving force behind evolution, i.e. survival of the species.

In Darwin We Trust!

- Bulldog

7 of 64

‹‹ great stuff!      The End of Why ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed